270soft Forum

What if this happens on election day?

How do you think Trump and the public responds if this happens on election day.

You are watching the news:

1. First, you learn that pundits are nearly unified in believing that Biden will defeat Trump with about 350 EVs. And 52% of the PV. 
  2. Secondly, rumors of riots at polling stations are occur on Election day, mostly in battleground states, preventing several people from getting to vote. Police shut down many polling stations to keep the peace. It is reported that 100% of these polling stations are in heavily Democratic areas. 
  3. Third news comes in that, Trump and the GOP wins a court case before any polls close allowing them to invalidate a portion of mail-in ballots in some battleground states. It is also reported that 72% of the mail-in ballots came from heavily Democratic areas. 
  4. Fourth, news comes in that FL is projected to go to Trump, despite Biden having polled a consistent 3 pt lead for two weeks. 
  5. Fifth, news comes in that PA is projected to go to Trump, despite Biden having a polled a consistent 5 pts lead for two weeks. 
  6. Sixth, news comes in that NH is projected to go to Trump, despite Biden having polled a consistent 9 pts lead for two weeks. 
  7. Seventh, Trump goes on to get projected victories in OH, MI, WI, MN, TX, NV, GA, and AZ, despite Biden having polled a consistent lead in all of these states, including +10 in MN and MI. 
  8. Eighth, Despite states shockingly going for Trump, Biden is scoring a PV that is higher than the projections --53% to Trump's 45% (+7!). 
  9. Ninth, Trump claims victory.
  10. Tenth, Biden concedes. 

How do you think the country reacts? How would you react? Should this election be valid?

• Upvote 1

Country is gonna react with protests if/when Trump wins regardless of how it's done. And then the past four years will play out once again. 

The election would be seen as valid. I'm not even sure I care to watch election coverage at this point though. It's all going to be people saying it's the end of the world when their candidate is behind. 

• Upvote 1

This is why I stocked up on guns and ammo long ago. Because if this happens (and it's clear to anyone with a 3 digit IQ that it was rigged by Trump's campaign) there's either going to be a civil war, or riots in every city in America, and I need to protect myself and my family either way. And if there was a big, armed movement to overthrow the government I would seriously consider joining it (though that's also because I'm a Jeffersonian Libertarian lol).

But 95% chance Trump loses and I sit on the couch, shrug, and don't give a shit because the president himself doesn't really have that much power.
4% chance Trump wins fairly, I almost spit out whatever beverage I have, then shrug because the president himself doesn't really have that much power.
<1% Trump wins unfairly, I spit out whatever beverage I have, then do the above, because if Trump did that, who knows what powers he'll grab next.

Sic semper tyrannis

• Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

This is why I stocked up on guns and ammo long ago. Because if this happens (and it's clear to anyone with a 3 digit IQ that it was rigged by Trump's campaign) there's either going to be a civil war, or riots in every city in America, and I need to protect myself and my family either way. And if there was a big, armed movement to overthrow the government I would seriously consider joining it (though that's also because I'm a Jeffersonian Libertarian lol).

But 95% chance Trump loses and I sit on the couch, shrug, and don't give a shit because the president himself doesn't really have that much power.
4% chance Trump wins fairly, I almost spit out whatever beverage I have, then shrug because the president himself doesn't really have that much power.
<1% Trump wins unfairly, I spit out whatever beverage I have, then do the above, because if Trump did that, who knows what powers he'll grab next.

Sic semper tyrannis

If it’s clear Trump rigged the election, and it seemed most sane and reasonable people believe so as well, and the government isn’t recounting it rejecting Trump, then I’d like join whatever movement forms in DC. 

In the scenario I president, Biden conceding is almost the worst part. I could see him doing that even when he should challenge the results, mainly because he’d want to prevent violence. 

I don’t think there will be a Civil War. This generally occurs when you have a unified geographical area opposed to another unified geographical area.  Basically, the way our politics works, we’d have like 50 different civil wars. It would actually resemble the French Wars of religion. The Huguenots were large in cities and the Catholics were large elsewhere in France (this is pre-urbanization). Democrats would be Huguenots in this example. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, vcczar said:

If it’s clear Trump rigged the election, and it seemed most sane and reasonable people believe so as well, and the government isn’t recounting it rejecting Trump, then I’d like join whatever movement forms in DC. 

In the scenario I president, Biden conceding is almost the worst part. I could see him doing that even when he should challenge the results, mainly because he’d want to prevent violence. 

I don’t think there will be a Civil War. This generally occurs when you have a unified geographical area opposed to another unified geographical area.  Basically, the way our politics works, we’d have like 50 different civil wars. It would actually resemble the French Wars of religion. The Huguenots were large in cities and the Catholics were large elsewhere in France (this is pre-urbanization). Democrats would be Huguenots in this example. 

Im just genuinly curious how he rigged the election? 

6 minutes ago, Berg2036 said:

Im just genuinly curious how he rigged the election? 

The 2nd and 3rd events could be contrived by Trump or the GOP to suppress the vote. 

On 9/26/2020 at 1:21 AM, vcczar said:

You are watching the news:

1. First, you learn that pundits are nearly unified in believing that Biden will defeat Trump with about 350 EVs. And 52% of the PV. 
  2. Secondly, rumors of riots at polling stations are occur on Election day, mostly in battleground states, preventing several people from getting to vote. Police shut down many polling stations to keep the peace. It is reported that 100% of these polling stations are in heavily Democratic areas. 
  3. Third news comes in that, Trump and the GOP wins a court case before any polls close allowing them to invalidate a portion of mail-in ballots in some battleground states. It is also reported that 72% of the mail-in ballots came from heavily Democratic areas. 
  4. Fourth, news comes in that FL is projected to go to Trump, despite Biden having polled a consistent 3 pt lead for two weeks. 
  5. Fifth, news comes in that PA is projected to go to Trump, despite Biden having a polled a consistent 5 pts lead for two weeks. 
  6. Sixth, news comes in that NH is projected to go to Trump, despite Biden having polled a consistent 9 pts lead for two weeks. 
  7. Seventh, Trump goes on to get projected victories in OH, MI, WI, MN, TX, NV, GA, and AZ, despite Biden having polled a consistent lead in all of these states, including +10 in MN and MI. 
  8. Eighth, Despite states shockingly going for Trump, Biden is scoring a PV that is higher than the projections --53% to Trump's 45% (+7!). 
  9. Ninth, Trump claims victory.
  10. Tenth, Biden concedes. 
  1. Civil war is immediately declared.
  2. Both sides are caught out of turn and need time to arm and deploy.
Just now, Wiw said:
  1. Civil war is immediately declared.
  2. Both sides are caught out of turn and need time to arm and deploy.

I don't think the modern American people have the internal insurgent fighting spirit at all - not like many peoples in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. I don't see it happening.

3 hours ago, Patine said:

I don't think the modern American people have the internal insurgent fighting spirit at all - not like many peoples in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. I don't see it happening.

Unfortunately, I do. I doubt there is any other reasonable way to break this deadlock.

4 hours ago, Wiw said:

Unfortunately, I do. I doubt there is any other reasonable way to break this deadlock.

You obviously have been watching too many high-octane, adrenaline-fueled, violent Hollywood action movies with gun-toting vigilantes and not seen the great number of overly-comfortable whipped dog a great number of Americans have become. Though the "Spirit of Jefferson," is quoted, and it's just talking the talk and never walking the walk, and not on the scale of a Civil War (far beyond a simple Unabomber, Symbionese Army, or Timothy McVeigh level, for instance).

I don’t understand why anyone would want a revolution.

Our government is flawed, but how often have revolutions succeeded in solving those flaws? From what I’ve read in history, it appears that revolution leads to a power vacuum for authoritarians and demagogues to fill. Not to mention the loss of life, reduction in quality of life, and destruction of international trade any revolution would entail.