270soft Forum

Possible US 1800-Present RP Poll

Possible 1800-Present United States RP  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should I switch from the UK 1992-Present RP to do a 1800-Present United States RP (which will be explained in the post below on changes)

• Yes, switch to the US RP starting in 1800
    • No, stick with the UK RP starting up in 1995

Hello all! As you are my eight regulars, I’m pinging you all to see what you want to do first. This will be a quick shot, but it will be similar to the UK one in the fact that I may be doing some things in the off-years and make those more lively. 

The year is 1800. The US Constitutional Convention finished, and decided upon a bicameral legislature, with one being proportionally representative of the people of the United States (the House of Representatives - think of like the UK’s Parliament), and one fixed with two seats per state (the Senate - same as in our timeline). 

The nation is at a crossroads. After four years under President Adams, the country is looking elsewhere for leadership. Can the Democratic-Republicans steal the Presidency, the House, and the Senate from the Federalists? 

This is basically a morphing of vcczar’s old New Historical President RP with a simpler format of the quick shot method of The Blood’s. 

While the country, for now, remains under a two-party system of Democratic-Republicans and Federalists, it is unlikely to stay that way with the proportional House of Representatives which divvies up seats based on a proportional vote inside each individual state. 

To begin with, we will have two parties: the DR’s and the Federalists. How do we reflect how many players with just two parties, you may ask? Primaries. With a proportional House to add to the fun, Presidential primaries will be another facet to have, with multiple running for a party’s nomination. Most of the work will be on my end, so sit back and enjoy if you’d like to try this option!

I will go into more detail on rules and guidelines should this option be the overwhelming favorite.

@Reagan04 @WVProgressive @buenoboss @The Blood @TheLiberalKitten @Rodja @Herbert Hoover and @Cenzonico