270soft Forum

2020 Election: Arkansas

vcczar

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75 @Mark_W

This state has been a solid Trump state. It will vote for him in 2020. 

Here's how 21st Century Democratic nominees have done in this state. Arkansas is one of only like two or three states that disliked 2008 Obama more than both Gore and Kerry. Pulaski and Garland counties are especially interesting to look at. Former First Lady of Arkansas, Clinton, is the most underperforming nominee for the Democrats.

image.png.1c85b3e58d6c5c60887e29167f579cc6.png image.png.c78a455093e142b83dcaacecd20c37ae.png image.png.4431d5343c4758ec21e23a7df38f85e8.png image.png.bdc35536997d47c76ca3196cf65daa78.png image.png.5ae137ddcc82f7df0156fe18a9f5b3b5.png
Pulaski 18 12 11 11 10
Benton -33 -40 -36 -37 -33
Washington -10 -16 -14 -13 -13
Saline -44 -43 -41 -27 -18
Faulkner -31 -31 -25 -19 -14
Sebastian -37 -37 -34 -25 -19
Garland -34 -30 -25 -9 -9
Arkansas Total -27 -24 -20 -9 -5

Here's who people from AR have supported since 2008 as Pres noms, Govs, Senators, and US Reps. Darker color means more support. The Democratic party is basically dead here. Obama is a realigning president. 2010-2014 saw several states align their voters with their national party preferences, meaning state parties are all but disappearing. There are very few exceptions. So strange to think that Bill Clinton's official residence was Arkansas when he was president not so long ago.:

2008 2010 2012 2014 2016 2018
McCain McCain Romney Romney Trump Trump
Beebe Beebe Beebe Hutchinson Hutchinson Hutchinson
Pryor Pryor Pryor Cotton Cotton Cotton
Lincoln Boozman Boozman Boozman Boozman Boozman
Berry Crawford Crawford Crawford Crawford Crawford
Snyder Griffin Griffin Hill Hill Hill
Boozman Womack Womack Womack Womack Womack
Ross Ross Cotton Westerman Westerman Westerman

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My favorite state. I like the rural and more unknown America.

Gore was VP to Arkansan Bill Clinton.

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

My favorite state. I like the rural and more unknown America.

Gore was VP to Arkansan Bill Clinton.

I remember when I made a 270Soft forum presidential election you made your candidate from Arkansas. Last name Ackermann, I believe. I think he became the VP in the playthrough. 

My grandparents retired to Arkansas in a wealthy community in the hills. As a kid, I used to go there at least once a year. It was really pretty. We  once went into Little Rock, Hope (Clinton's birth place), Hot Springs, and I remember as a kid (5 or 6 years old) thinking how depressing the cities looked. It seemed like everyone was fat, tired, bored, and bitter. It may just have been that I was focusing on the down and out looking people as I seemed to identify with people, even as a kid, that seemed to have the world's weight against them. 

My dad was born on a farm in a one room shack. We went to rural Texas about once a year as a kid. I remember thinking it was fun, but I never gravitated to it. I found the isolation overwhelming. Someone could commit murder out there and there'd be no one that could stop it, for instance. 

I grew up thinking I was a small town person, but when I first visited NYC in 2003, I instantly fell in love with the hustle and bustle, the architecture, the commerce, the languages, the history, the overall liveliness of the big city. In no particular order, I think my favorite spots in America are Boston/Cambridge, New Orleans, NYC, and Philadelphia. Texas cities don't compare. Of small cities, I recommend San Marcos TX, Ipswich MA, Cape May NJ.

Austin TX was great c. 2000-2008. When I moved to Austin in c. 2014, it had changed a lot from when I lived in and around it previously. San Marcos, TX changed a lot too. If I ever became president or something like that, I think I'd have my presidential library in San Marcos. That was the most transformative place for me, even though I was born in Dallas and identify more with the Northeast.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I remember when I made a 270Soft forum presidential election you made your candidate from Arkansas. Last name Ackermann, I believe. I think he became the VP in the playthrough.  

Yes, that's true. Awesome, you still know it. I even have a funny story why I came to like the name Ackermann. There was once a German soccer player originally from Ghana. His name is Eric Agyemang https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Agyemang

German fans couldn't pronounce his name correctly, so they called him Erich Ackermann because it's similar to his name and easy to pronounce. For me one of the funniest stories I came across.

When writing letters in English as an exam, I always created addresses in Arkansas. I like the name Little Rock as a city name very much. I doubt many people here know that's the capital of Arkansas. I have the impression the whole state of Arkansas is basically not existing for people not very much interested in America.

8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I grew up thinking I was a small town person, but when I first visited NYC in 2003, I instantly fell in love with the hustle and bustle, the architecture, the commerce, the languages, the history, the overall liveliness of the big city. In no particular order, I think my favorite spots in America are Boston/Cambridge, New Orleans, NYC, and Philadelphia. Texas cities don't compare. Of small cities, I recommend San Marcos TX, Ipswich MA, Cape May NJ.

Austin TX was great c. 2000-2008. When I moved to Austin in c. 2014, it had changed a lot from when I lived in and around it previously. San Marcos, TX changed a lot too. If I ever became president or something like that, I think I'd have my presidential library in San Marcos. That was the most transformative place for me, even though I was born in Dallas and identify more with the Northeast.  

Yeah, I am also living the big city life (please notice my reference to one of my most favorite songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mtfnfQoAco) I like it because it's more convenient but the impression of rural areas with barns and old vehicles for example is magnificent.

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yes, that's true. Awesome, you still know it. I even have a funny story why I came to like the name Ackermann. There was once a German soccer player originally from Ghana. His name is Eric Agyemang https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Agyemang

German fans couldn't pronounce his name correctly, so they called him Erich Ackermann because it's similar to his name and easy to pronounce. For me one of the funniest stories I came across.

When writing letters in English as an exam, I always created addresses in Arkansas. I like the name Little Rock as a city name very much. I doubt many people here know that's the capital of Arkansas. I have the impression the whole state of Arkansas is basically not existing for people not very much interested in America.

Yeah, I am also living the big city life (please notice my reference to one of my most favorite songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mtfnfQoAco) I like it because it's more convenient but the impression of rural areas with barns and old vehicles for example is magnificent.

Can't watch/listen to videos right now. Will check it out at a later time. 

• Thanks 1