270soft Forum

Chuck Grassley’s Twitter

30 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Its awful lmao he can't spell! Hes old af.

The poor pidgin

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

How is that even remotely the case?

His position, President Pro Tempore of the Senate (most senior Senator of the majority party), falls after the Vice President and Speaker of the House in the presidential line of succession.

If President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Speaker Pelosi were to all die, Chuck Grassley would be next in line to become President.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Patine said:

How is that even remotely the case?

Google the line of succession on Wikipedia. It goes like VP, Pres. Pro Temp, Speaker of House, and cabinet members in order of their founding I think.

Never mind, missed Reagan's reply. I mixed up Speaker and Pro Temp. But to add to that ever since the cold war usually one cabinet member is designated as a "designated survivor" in an unmarked location for state of the union and other big political events in the case of an attack wiping out all of the other individuals and most of Congress. Fun and morbid fact.

Yeah, I knew his tweets are quite ''innovative'', but Grassley is among my favorite senators. It's better done that way than some robotic politician who's tweets are just perfect. Too perfect. I think it adds to his likeability. 

13 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah, I knew his tweets are quite ''innovative'', but Grassley is among my favorite senators. It's better done that way than some robotic politician who's tweets are just perfect. Too perfect. I think it adds to his likeability. 

Twitter is a cesspool, anyways. Any politician of integrity, respectability, and credibility should stay well away from that toxic minefield - regardless of how much "personality," they're believed to have or not.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Twitter is a cesspool, anyways. Any politician of integrity, respectability, and credibility should stay well away from that toxic minefield - regardless of how much "personality," they're believed to have or not.

Well, I don't like twitter myself, but I guess you can't win office these days without being part of this ''culture''.

8 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well, I don't like twitter myself, but I guess you can't win office these days without being part of this ''culture''.

You can be selective, through common sense, wisdom, and a sense of basic decorum, which aspects of this "culture," who utilize as a politician.

8 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A BETTER USE OF TWITTER THAN FINDING THE OWNER OF A PIGEON.

His Twitter page has always been goofy -- it's unclear how much is him being in on the joke and how much is him really being like that, given that he is 87 years old.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...