Jump to content
270soft Forum

Chuck Grassley’s Twitter


Reagan04
 Share

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

How is that even remotely the case?

His position, President Pro Tempore of the Senate (most senior Senator of the majority party), falls after the Vice President and Speaker of the House in the presidential line of succession.

If President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Speaker Pelosi were to all die, Chuck Grassley would be next in line to become President.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Patine said:

How is that even remotely the case?

Google the line of succession on Wikipedia. It goes like VP, Pres. Pro Temp, Speaker of House, and cabinet members in order of their founding I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never mind, missed Reagan's reply. I mixed up Speaker and Pro Temp. But to add to that ever since the cold war usually one cabinet member is designated as a "designated survivor" in an unmarked location for state of the union and other big political events in the case of an attack wiping out all of the other individuals and most of Congress. Fun and morbid fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I knew his tweets are quite ''innovative'', but Grassley is among my favorite senators. It's better done that way than some robotic politician who's tweets are just perfect. Too perfect. I think it adds to his likeability. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah, I knew his tweets are quite ''innovative'', but Grassley is among my favorite senators. It's better done that way than some robotic politician who's tweets are just perfect. Too perfect. I think it adds to his likeability. 

Twitter is a cesspool, anyways. Any politician of integrity, respectability, and credibility should stay well away from that toxic minefield - regardless of how much "personality," they're believed to have or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Patine said:

Twitter is a cesspool, anyways. Any politician of integrity, respectability, and credibility should stay well away from that toxic minefield - regardless of how much "personality," they're believed to have or not.

Well, I don't like twitter myself, but I guess you can't win office these days without being part of this ''culture''.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well, I don't like twitter myself, but I guess you can't win office these days without being part of this ''culture''.

You can be selective, through common sense, wisdom, and a sense of basic decorum, which aspects of this "culture," who utilize as a politician.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...