270soft Forum

State of the Race: 45 Days Left

vcczar

45 Day Poll  

29 members have voted

1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

2. 2. Do you approve of Trump's banning and or restricting access to TikTok and WeChat?

13 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The most recent one I can find from a quick search is Sep. 12th, lid at 9:45am (also a Saturday, prime campaigning day). Before that, Sep. 8th, lid at 9am.

Where are you getting this info? I can’t find it anywhere. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

Where are you getting this info? I can’t find it anywhere. 

Twitter, but you can search for it on Google as well. Here's today's.

https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/1307298187775037440

Note just because a lid is called doesn't mean he doesn't have events. For example, he might have a private fundraiser.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Twitter, but you can search for it on Google as well. Here's today's.

https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/1307298187775037440

Note just because a lid is called doesn't mean he doesn't have events. For example, he might have a private fundraiser.

What does he mean by “per pool”?

11 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

According to Biden's press pool, I assume. They are informed by the campaign if there's a lid for the day.

Hmm. It’s just odd that I don’t see this information considering I’m following about every major politico on Twitter.

9 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Maybe they don't want you to see it.

That’s possible but there are some I follow on there that would want people to see it and would say such a thing. I’m following people of both parties. How do you know your source isn’t making it up? I can’t find this info anywhere. 

That’s possible but there are some I follow on there that would want people to see it and would say such a thing. I’m following people of both parties. How do you know your source isn’t making it up? I can’t find this info anywhere. 

He's a Fox News producer working with Peter Doocy who's covering the 2020 election - my guess is if he was making it up, you'd have angry libs all over him.

20 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

He's a Fox News producer working with Peter Doocy who's covering the 2020 election - my guess is if he was making it up, you'd have angry libs all over him.

18 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Here's an article on this from a few days ago, before the most recent Saturday 9am lid was called.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/bidens-laid-back-schedule-contrasts-to-trump-with-seven-weeks-left-in-election-campaign

Weird that this isn't getting any press really from any outlets or via politicos across the political spectrum. Seems like something that should be discussed. Maybe it isn't since 1) Biden's lead is large. 2) It isn't going to dissuade anyone supporting Biden already. 3) Undecideds are probably at a historical low. 4) I don't think anyone really cares in a Covid election. 

I do think there is a double standard. If Hillary Clinton were the nominee and doing this, then everyone would be jumping on her. I think Joe Biden gets some sort of lovable Abraham Simpson treatment or something. Maybe his form of teflon. 

• Like 1

Weird that this isn't getting any press really from any outlets or via politicos across the political spectrum. Seems like something that should be discussed. Maybe it isn't since 1) Biden's lead is large. 2) It isn't going to dissuade anyone supporting Biden already. 3) Undecideds are probably at a historical low. 4) I don't think anyone really cares in a Covid election. 

I do think there is a double standard. If Hillary Clinton were the nominee and doing this, then everyone would be jumping on her. I think Joe Biden gets some sort of lovable Abraham Simpson treatment or something. Maybe his form of teflon. 

My guess is as the election gets nearer, if this continues it will raise more eyebrows.