270soft Forum

What's better - taco bowls or Philly cheese steaks?

What's better - taco bowls or Philly cheese steaks?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What's better - taco bowls or Philly cheese steaks?

• Taco bowl, no contest!
    • Philly cheese steak wit wiz, of course!

I would try both, but I don't like fast food usually.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Patine said:

I don't eat either of these. Where's that option in your poll?

For every 100 polls posted I'd wager you participate in like 2. Even polls that have been made or tweaked just for you, you've still avoided. 

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I would try both, but I don't like fast food usually.

Do you consider a hamburger you've made at home to be fast food still? Is that what you're getting at or are you saying you'd only try a fast food version of the taco bowl or philly cheese steak?

9 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

Do you consider a hamburger you've made at home to be fast food still? Is that what you're getting at or are you saying you'd only try a fast food version of the taco bowl or philly cheese steak?

Fair enough. While I solely talked about the sold food in my post, you are probably right, home made ''fast food'' isn't the same as the fast food sold at some restaurant chain.

58 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Fair enough. While I solely talked about the sold food in my post, you are probably right, home made ''fast food'' isn't the same as the fast food sold at some restaurant chain.

I wasn't sure. Some people I know still consider home made as fast food when it really boils (haha) down to how you go about making it when at home.

Taco Bowls are a pretty good like gathering food dish imo and I've had them more when people have made them themselves as opposed to restaurant chains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked philly cheese steak. Never had a taco bowl. Never saw one in Texas. I also prefer burritos and chimichangas to anything taco. 

• Thanks 1

I had a Philly cheese steak once (in Philadelphia). I couldn't believe people were lined up around the block for some of the places. That and people honking while driving by the liberty bell are my two biggest memories from the city. 😀

46 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I had a Philly cheese steak once (in Philadelphia). I couldn't believe people were lined up around the block for some of the places. That and people honking while driving by the liberty bell are my two biggest memories from the city. 😀

Sounds like you went to either Geno's or Pat's, which while both claim to have made the original cheesesteak, neither are close to having the best 21st century cheesesteak. I'm not a huge cheesesteak person, but the best ones I've had are actually further from downtown. I recommend going to Independence Hall over the Liberty Bell or any other historical site in Philadelphia. Franklin's Court (Benjamin Franklin's property) is the 2nd best site to go to). 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

For every 100 polls posted I'd wager you participate in like 2. Even polls that have been made or tweaked just for you, you've still avoided. 

But, even so, it's not a blanket trend. It's still case-by-case. If I don't eat either of these dishes, I can't participate unless theirs a "none of the above," style option. That only makes logical sense. It's not high pretense here.

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

But, even so, it's not a blanket trend. It's still case-by-case. If I don't eat either of these dishes, I can't participate unless theirs a "none of the above," style option. That only makes logical sense. It's not high pretense here.

So you've never had either of them?

I don't eat cheese, so that generally wipes out taco bowls and obviously Philly cheese steaks.

That said, I do like shredded chicken tacos without the cheese.  Assuming that's a thing you can do with a taco bowl (I have no idea what a taco bowl is), that I vote for the bowl!

• Upvote 1
Just now, Patine said:

I've never had a Philly cheese steak, and while I've had taco salad, I don't believe I've ever had a full-out taco bowl.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

I've never had either of them.

Synthesize 😉

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NYConservative said:

If you voted philly cheese steak, you deserve death.

It’s a close vote for me but ultimately the Taco Bowl wins it just based on versatility. It’s a hands down decision if it includes chorizo rather than beef. 

• Thanks 1