270soft Forum

Should Biden debate Trump with Joe Rogan as moderator?

Should Biden debate Trump with Joe Rogan as moderator?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should Biden debate Trump with Joe Rogan as moderator?

• Yes - Rogan would make for a refreshing moderator, and the more debates, the better informed the public.
    • No way - Rogan has shown himself to be biased, likening Biden to a 'a flickering flashlight', and 3 debates is enough.

8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

You seem to think I'm denying gender dysphoria exists. You don't understand the argument.

In the example, the person *really does* feel like a cat. They have 'species dysphoria', say.

The question isn't whether someone really does feel like they're 'in the wrong body', the question is whether they can change from 'man' to 'woman', say. If someone doesn't believe this is possible, then saying otherwise would be lying.

If someone doesn't believe this than they should acquaint themselves with science. I'm not going to accomodate science denialism. I will, however, do my absolute best to help them understand the science. Beyond that, society doesn't have to stoop to the level of folks that don't understand 21st century medicine in order to accomodate them. We don't need to backslide to the lowest common denominator.

• Like 4
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If someone doesn't believe this than they should acquaint themselves with science. I'm not going to accomodate science denialism. I will, however, do my absolute best to help them understand the scien

Stop with the batshit crazy hypotheticals that dont translate to the situation. 

No it's not, it's asking for common decency to treat people the way they want to be treated. You learn that in kindergarten. 

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Can you rephrase this? I don't follow what you're saying.

I mean that I can't force someone to believe what I know to be true in a religious context. Yes, absolutely, Christ is the Lord, the King, and our Savior. But that's a religious take and I can't force you to believe that.

Just now, admin_270 said:

You're not really grokking it.

I should say the same to you.

4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

You've never heard of species dysphoria?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_dysphoria

This article doesn't list any specific religions by name that practice this belief, and it doesn't look like any religion of predigree, establishment, and respect that wasn't a product of the Victoria Occult Age or Modern "Pop Religion," and "Protest Religion," ages ever practiced or observed it.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

If someone doesn't believe this than they should equate themselves with science. I'm not going to accomodate science denialism. I will, however, do my absolute best to help them understand the science. Beyond that, society doesn't have to stoop to the level of folks that don't understand 21st century medicine in order to accomodate them. We don't need to backslide to the lowest common denominator.

You seem to think the science supports a man being able to become a woman, or vice versa. Only if you change the definition of those terms to refer to something psychological, as opposed to what the words meant until about 10 years ago - namely, something rooted in biology, having to do with chromosomes, gametes, and sexual organs.

I give you there has been a concerted effort, starting largely in academia, to change the meaning of the words, so that 'man' and 'woman' refer to something more psychological than biological. But that's what the whole debate is about - not a premise, but a conclusion!

Here, our hypothetical person believes men cannot become women, because our person believes those are defined by characteristics that cannot really change and not by simply psychological factors that add up to 'identity'.

39 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I mean that I can't force someone to believe what I know to be true in a religious context.

You can't really force someone to believe anything. But Twitter could start forcing people to say 'Lord Jesus', removing any pro-atheist tweets, and so on.