270soft Forum

Do you think Biden uses a teleprompter for TV interviews?

Do you think Biden uses a teleprompter for TV interviews?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Biden uses a teleprompter for TV interviews?

• Always
    • Most of the time
    • Sometimes
    • Occasionally
    • Never

With recent footage in which a reflection during a Biden interview seemed to indicate there was a teleprompter in front of Biden, and with Biden's campaign manager not denying it when asked, do you think Biden uses a teleprompter for TV interviews?

20 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

With recent footage in which a reflection during a Biden interview seemed to indicate there was a teleprompter in front of Biden, and with Biden's campaign manager not denying it when asked, do you think Biden uses a teleprompter for TV interviews?

I can't answer this poll without re-watching TV interviews. It never seemed like he did to me; however, I wouldn't put it past any politician from doing this.

57 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I haven't seen the video, but unlikely.  

It's possible he has some talking points on a screen, which would be no different than having talking points on a piece of paper in front of him.  Most politicians do this -- and they should.  I'm a professional spokesman and I prefer to have talking points handy in case I've forgotten a specific detail or want to make sure I covered everything I wanted to cover.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

Most politicians do this -- and they should.

Do most Presidential candidates look at talking points while in interviews? When I watch in-person interviews, it doesn't look like (almost never looks like?) they're using talking points during interviews.

1 hour ago, admin_270 said:

Do most Presidential candidates look at talking points while in interviews? When I watch in-person interviews, it doesn't look like (almost never looks like?) they're using talking points during interviews.

I won’t pretend to have watched more presidential candidate interviews than the average person has.  Most of what we see is just clips anyway.  You can also cover it up by glancing down while reaching for a cup of water.  

At the end of the day, I care less about how the message is being delivered and more about what the message is. Biden wins that every single day, hands down.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I don't know the answer to this question either. 

Trump interview notes: 

faf8dcc8ae84e31a1f2359120a1df2f1.jpg

Security_trumpnotes_GettyImages-11889275

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I don't know the answer to this question either. 

Trump interview notes: 

faf8dcc8ae84e31a1f2359120a1df2f1.jpg

Security_trumpnotes_GettyImages-11889275

The change in skin tone from his ear back and forward is very jarring to me in that photo.

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Trump interview notes

The 1st is handouts given him during the interview, not notes he was referring to while answering questions.

The 2nd is the verbatim of a conversation he had, which he was quoting.

Those are a bit different than what we're talking about.

16 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The 1st is handouts given him during the interview, not notes he was referring to while answering questions.

The 2nd is the verbatim of a conversation he had, which he was quoting.

Those are a bit different than what we're talking about.

No.  They are indeed from different interviews, but the 2nd is talking points.  These are the things he wanted to emphasize during the interview.  That’s what talking points are.  

The first photo is various charts and also talking points.

10 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

but the 2nd is talking points.  These are the things he wanted to emphasize during the interview

Good try! It's the verbatim quote from his conversation with Sondland. He had it on hand so he could read the exact quote. Again, not what we're talking about here.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-quotes-sondland-quoting-him-i-want-nothing-i-want-no-quid-pro-quo/

• Confused 1
4 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I haven't seen the video, but unlikely.  

It's possible he has some talking points on a screen, which would be no different than having talking points on a piece of paper in front of him.  Most politicians do this -- and they should.  I'm a professional spokesman and I prefer to have talking points handy in case I've forgotten a specific detail or want to make sure I covered everything I wanted to cover.

Got any interview tips? Got one tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Smile a lot. Be personable. Seem prepared. I usually talk about some non-interview related things when I walk into the room. Maybe I notice a book I’ve read before or something. What kind of job?

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Good try! It's the verbatim quote from his conversation with Sondland. He had it on hand so he could read the exact quote. Again, not what we're talking about here.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-quotes-sondland-quoting-him-i-want-nothing-i-want-no-quid-pro-quo/

I’m not sure you understand what talking points are for.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Sure. Assuming you’re talking about job interview?  I usually write down a few examples of my work that could cover multiple kinds of questions.  At my level, a lot of job interviews ask things like “tell us about a time when you...” and rather than reflect on my entire career, I can glance down at the five or six examples I wrote and make one of them fit the question.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Sure. Assuming you’re talking about job interview?  I usually write down a few examples of my work that could cover multiple kinds of questions.  At my level, a lot of job interviews ask things like “tell us about a time when you...” and rather than reflect on my entire career, I can glance down at the five or six examples I wrote and make one of them fit the question.

Got the job. Ty king 👑

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1