270soft Forum

Will Bloombergs 100 mil help flip FL for Biden?

15 hours ago, billay said:

Kinda odd they'd accept the cash from a guy who promoted racist policies towards minorities but as we know it's not really about that. 

I’m fine with accepting his money.

I would strongly oppose giving him any kind of cabinet position (I’ve seen some suggest Secretary of Treasury, which is insane.)

26 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I’m fine with accepting his money.

I would strongly oppose giving him any kind of cabinet position (I’ve seen some suggest Secretary of Treasury, which is insane.)

I’d be down honestly, at least it’s not Warren.

8 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

So the woman who absolutely shredded him in front of the entire country and set up the CFPB? 🤔 I'll take her.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

So the woman who absolutely shredded him in front of the entire country and set up the CFPB? 🤔 I'll take her.

That’s correct. That’s the one. You got it.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Yes, better a soulless, racist, detached empty suit at the purse strings than someone whose campaigned on improving living standards, employment, and opportunity for the downtrodden - which is practically a statistical majority of the nation's population in one way or another, now, eh @Reagan04? :(

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Yes, better a soulless, racist, detached empty suit at the purse strings than someone whose campaigned on improving living standards, employment, and opportunity for the downtrodden - which is practically a statistical majority of the nation's population in one way or another, now, eh @Reagan04? :(

Look, I would never accept Bloomberg as Attorney General. But I respect how he ran New York City's financials and his centrist, neoliberal economic programme is better than a Social Democrat like Warren.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Look, I would never accept Bloomberg as Attorney General. But I respect how he ran New York City's financials and his centrist, neoliberal economic programme is better than a Social Democrat like Warren.

You always speak in absolutes in this area where they're compared - capitalists=good, social democrats=bad. Maybe it's time to think a bit deeper, and consider the REAL impact on the MAJORITY of people.

Just now, Patine said:

You always speak in absolutes in this area where they're compared - capitalists=good, social democrats=bad. Maybe it's time to think a bit deeper, and consider the REAL impact on the MAJORITY of people.

No, no I truly did not. I gave a comparison. I committed absolutely that I would *never* accept Bloomberg as AG. This is true unless the alternative were like Keith Ellison or Steve King or something. 

Bloomberg's social policies are no good. I said his economic policies are better than his social policies. This is not an absolute, it's simply a comparison.

Maybe it's time for you to think deeper and realize that in order for these conversations to be productive there needs to be a presupposition of goodwill in which you consider that I have considered the REAL impact on the MAJORITY of people and come to the simple conclusion that capitalism or neoliberalism tends to work better than social democracy. You are free to disagree but please don't accuse me of simply ascribing to capitalism because of some sort of dogmatic attachment to the word. It's highly demeaning and insults my intelligence. And it's not just me, you do it to just about everyone with whom you disagree.

People don't disagree because they have an IQ 500 points lower than the Almighty Patine. They disagree because they have different experiences and ideas. This is a useful thing to know and understand in the real world.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

No, no I truly did not. I gave a comparison. I committed absolutely that I would *never* accept Bloomberg as AG. This is true unless the alternative were like Keith Ellison or Steve King or something. 

Bloomberg's social policies are no good. I said his economic policies are better than his social policies. This is not an absolute, it's simply a comparison.

Maybe it's time for you to think deeper and realize that in order for these conversations to be productive there needs to be a presupposition of goodwill in which you consider that I have considered the REAL impact on the MAJORITY of people and come to the simple conclusion that capitalism or neoliberalism tends to work better than social democracy. You are free to disagree but please don't accuse me of simply ascribing to capitalism because of some sort of dogmatic attachment to the word. It's highly demeaning and insults my intelligence. And it's not just me, you do it to just about everyone with whom you disagree.

People don't disagree because they have an IQ 500 points lower than the Almighty Patine. They disagree because they have different experiences and ideas. This is a useful thing to know and understand in the real world.

If a government does not serve all of it's people to the best of it's ability, but blatantly and flagrantly defers immensely to most wealthy elite in it's service, that government has betrayed the mandate of trust and authority that empowers it.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Patine said:

If a government does not serve all of it's people to the best of it's ability, but blatantly and flagrantly defers immensely to most wealthy elite in it's service, that government has betrayed the mandate of trust and authority that empowers it.

Yes

• Like 1