270soft Forum

2020 Election: Washington DC

With 51 Days Left until in my countdown to the election, I'm going to post an analysis of the states+DC for the remainder of the election. I'll start with the safe states and make my predictions as I post each state (+ DC). Each day I'll post a new state. Each analysis will be from a Democrat perspective, since I've been researching how Democrats have performed since 2000. 

I give DC's 3 EVs to Biden. Nate Silver has Biden at 90.7% chance of winning DC. That seems very low. I'll say 99%. 

Richard Nixon in 1972 was the Republican that came the closest to winning DC in 1972. In that election, McGovern managed to win only 56% of DC.

DC is one place where Hillary Clinton outperformed all other nominees. 

Here are how 21st century Democratic nominees have fared in Washington DC:

image.png.60a1e06454989cccdaa053dcc6777106.png image.png.4ca21dbe5fb65c57dd914dc1432d144d.png image.png.bf48803100b781f6d4b2f6df3fda64c9.png image.png.d72241f9cef32eef5caee570681e8f2e.png image.png.8e86eda4954554570e2dcbad861c8ca8.png image.png.3099298c68ec8010d906901fda7e94ad.png

DC Totals ?? 87 84 85 80 76

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75@Mark_W

• Like 4
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Nate Silver has Biden at 90.7% chance of winning DC. That seems very low. I'll say 99%. 

I agree. Before I read your 2nd and 3rd sentences, I thought wait what? 

Is there a reason why Gore and Clinton are purple despite losing to the GOP while Kerry is red, because he lost against Bush? @vcczar

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Is there a reason why Gore and Clinton are purple despite losing to the GOP while Kerry is red, because he lost against Bush? @vcczar

Kerry is red because he lost the PV. Gore and Clinton won by a small margin. 

Just now, vcczar said:

Kerry is red because he lost the PV. Gore and Clinton won by a small margin. 

Oh, yes that makes sense. I just thought about the EC, so my bad!

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Nate Silver has Biden at 90.7% chance of winning DC

39 minutes ago, MysteryKnight said:

I'd give a third party a better chance at winning DC than Trump lol. It's stunning to me that Nate only has it at 90% too

1 hour ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I agree. Before I read your 2nd and 3rd sentences, I thought wait what? 

Nate Silver has Biden at a >99% chance of winning DC. He has him with 90.7% of the projected vote share. The snake shows the projected vote share rather than the odds of winning and that's been tripping a lot of people up.

• Thanks 3
25 minutes ago, superezione said:

Nate Silver has Biden at a >99% chance of winning DC. He has him with 90.7% of the projected vote share. The snake shows the projected vote share rather than the odds of winning and that's been tripping a lot of people up.

In that case, it is probably accurate.

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Oh, yes that makes sense. I just thought about the EC, so my bad!

Yes, the anachronistic dinosaur Constitutional relic originally made to get Slave States to ratify the Constitution and because Alexander Hamilton had the utmost contempt for the common voter (all the reasons used to justify it's existence today are usually lifted from those that were actually reasons for the Senate's existence, in truth) that has stolen several elections and become, later in time, a tool of rigged and corrupted elections used ruthlessly by the soft tyranny Duopoly criminal political machine.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Patine said:

Yes, the anachronistic dinosaur Constitutional relic originally made to get Slave States to ratify the Constitution and because Alexander Hamilton had the utmost contempt for the common voter (all the reasons used to justify it's existence today are usually lifted from those that were actually reasons for the Senate's existence, in truth) that has stolen several elections and become, later in time, a tool of rigged and corrupted elections used ruthlessly by the soft tyranny Duopoly criminal political machine.

When I read your posts I pretend that you sound like Stewie from Family Guy.

• Haha 1