Jump to content
270soft Forum

State of the Race: 53 Days Left


53 Day Poll  

24 members have voted

  1. 1. See the Data in the First Post: Who do you think wins if the election were today?

  2. 2. Trump is going on campaign many times more often than Biden. Why? Click all that apply.

    • Trump needs to do this because he is being clobbered in the polls in states he needs to win.
    • Trump has more success in campaigning than he does being president. This is probably a welcome diversion for him.
    • Trump has to fulfill his message that Covid isn't that dangerous by putting himself out there as if Covid doesn't exist.
    • Biden is the "Covid is dangerous" candidate so he's leading by playing it safe by example.
    • Biden's lead is so large that he can win by a front porch social media campaign.
    • Biden lacks the energy to go on campaign full time.
    • other (Mention below)
  3. 3. Who has better hair?



Recommended Posts

vcczar @Reagan04 @Actinguy @Patine @Conservative Elector 2 @TheMiddlePolitical @WVProgressive @SilentLiberty @pilight @admin_270 @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @mlcorcoran @Leuser @upandaway @jvikings1 @Rodja @Edouard @jnewt @Nentomat @Kingthero @Sunnymentoaddict @RFK/JFKfan @Mr.Blood @Zenobiyl @Wiw @MBDemSoc @ThePotatoWalrus @Alxeu @Allyn @Cenzonico @CentristGuy @Ishan @billay @wolves @RI Democrat @lizarraba @lizphairphreak @TheLiberalKitten @MysteryKnight @avatarmushi @servo75

As usual, Blue trends for Biden and Red trends for Trump. 

Biden's national poll margin lead has been fairly consistent the entire 100 days.

Mixed day in the polls for both candidates in the states. Nothing significant.

Trump's approval drops below 43%. 

Biden consistently is more favorable than he was at the 100 day mark.

Trump's only good indicator is that the Direction of the Country poll keeps looking better and Generic Dem support has fallen.

Missouri is moved down to Likely R. Should have done this awhile back. 

Categories 53 Days Left A Week Ago 100 Days Left
Gen Avg Biden 7.6 (-0.2) Biden +0.2 Biden -0.4
AZ avg Biden 5.3 (+0.1) Biden +0.7 Biden +2.4
FL avg Biden 2.7 (+0.1) Biden -0.1 Biden -4.9
GA avg Trump 1.5 (-0.1) Trump +0.1 Trump +0.2
IA avg Trump 1.7 (+0.4) Trump +0.1 Trump +1.4
MI Avg Biden 7.6 (+0.1) Biden +1.1 Biden +0.2
MN avg Biden 6.4 (+0.2) Biden +0.5 Biden -4.7
MO avg Trump 6.5 (+0.2) Trump 0 Trump +1.0
NV avg Biden 6.4 (-0.3) Biden 0 Biden -0.3
NH Avg Biden 8.2 (-0.3) Biden +0.1 Biden +0.7
NC avg Biden 1.6 (-0.2) Biden 0 Biden +0.6
OH avg Trump 0.9 (+0.1) Trump -1.0 Trump +3.0
PA Avg Biden 4.9 (-0.2) Biden +0.8 Biden -1.9
SC avg Trump 6.7 (+0.1) Trump 0 Trump +0.1
TX avg Trump +0.9 (+0.2) Trump -0.6 Trump +0.9
WI Avg Biden 6.9 (-0.6) Biden +0.3 Biden -0.2
Trump Approval 42.7 (-0.3) -0.9 2.5
Trump Disapproval 53.1 (+0.3) 0.9 2.6
Favorability 15.8 (+0.5) Biden +0.4 Biden +4.1
Direction of the Country -36.2 (+1.6) 3.2 9.3
Generic Ballot Dem 6.0 (-1.1) Dem -0.8 Dem -2.6
Betting Markets Biden 53.0 (+0.5) Biden +2.5 Biden -7.7
Clinton vs. Trump 2016 GE Clinton +1    
Biden vs Clinton GE Polls Biden +6.6    

6W7NE.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally, an important question (3.)!

Biden got hair plugs, which you might say gives him an unfair advantage, but to be fair Trump dyes his hair and also uses a drug which prevents his hair from falling out. So I would say this is roughly an equal competition, and ... sorry all you losers and haters, but there's no question that Trump's hair is YUGELY better. It will be carved into a monument that will be seen thousands of years from now ... on Mars ... once Elon Musk's SpaceX colonizes the planet and resculpts Olympus Mons in Trump's image, with the volcano overflowing fiery orange and flowing in divots to recreate the sheer brilliance of his hair!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Finally, an important question (3.)!

Biden got hair plugs, which you might say gives him an unfair advantage, but to be fair Trump dyes his hair and also uses a drug which prevents his hair from falling out. So I would say this is roughly an equal competition, and ... sorry all you losers and haters, but there's no question that Trump's hair is YUGELY better. It will be carved into a monument that will be seen thousands of years from now ... on Mars ... once Elon Musk's SpaceX colonizes the planet and resculpts Olympus Mons in Trump's image, with the volcano overflowing fiery orange and flowing in divots to recreate the sheer brilliance of his hair!

Some people think Trump has hair plugs too. I know little about hair despite having all my hair (I look like a surfer now as I haven't cut my hair since December b/c Covid). 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Some people think Trump has hair plugs too. I know little about hair despite having all my hair (I look like a surfer now as I haven't cut my hair since December b/c Covid). 

Barber shops not open where you live yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Some people think Trump has hair plugs too. I know little about hair despite having all my hair (I look like a surfer now as I haven't cut my hair since December b/c Covid). 

Surfer hairstyles are the best, they always remind me on Australia or some dude from Baywatch. And I can understand why someone wouldn't want to go to the hairdresser right now.

John Allen Nelson - John D. Cort the dude from Baywatch (John D. Cort played by John Allen Nelson)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Barber shops not open where you live yet?

They are. They can only have so many people in at a time. They must wear masks, but I don't want to take the chance. People generally wear masks in Philadelphia, but a lot of people don't cover their noses with their mask. I've lived with my GF for 7 years (guess I should call her my partner even though we aren't married), and she's got some autoimmune issues that were triggered from rheumatic fever when she was a child, so I have to be really careful to not bring anything home. 

We've only taken a risk a few times. 1) I had an emergency root canal, so I had to go to the doctor. 2) We went to several BLM protests, but we always stayed in the back, at least 25 feet or more from people. 3) We went to one restaurant in Cape May that had seats on the dock with more than 20 feet between tables. 

If it were just me, I'd probably take a few more risks, but I'd still be very cautious and avoid any places with older people just to make sure I don't get them sick if I'm carrying Covid without feeling symptoms. 

I'll go out like normal once there's a reliable vaccine or my job requires me to come to campus, whichever comes first. January 2021 is when campus is supposed to reopen. City public events aren't allowed to occur until after February 2021. 

A lot of businesses aren't open still, if that's the kind of response you're wanting. I think these are places where it is more expensive to stay open than it is to stay closed. This is primarily places without much walking traffic--neighborhood bars and things like that. Businesses that can make money online aren't physically open but have signs with their website posted. 

People in Philadelphia are better about masks than the people in Cape May. However, it's hard to know who lives here and who is just visiting. It's a shame the mask wearing is so politicized. I feel if Romney or McCain were the president, rather than Trump, you'd see more people not feeling stigmatized by wearing the masks. Someone posted a picture of someone wearing a Trump 2020 mask that had a holster for his gun on it. I have no problem with that, if that's the only way he can feel secure about wearing a mask. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Barber shops not open where you live yet?

They are open where I live, but I wouldn't go to any as well. We are already at ~500 infections each day. Today, Austria hit more than 700.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Trump does have one thing going for him... imo, his hair does look a bit silly... but it ain't terrible. Sadly old Joe doesn't have the hair he did in the 80s. I've always kept my hair something like this, cause well, it's what I think is the best... if you can tell me what movie this is from I'll give you a uh... cookie. 

 

Is Patrick Bateman in “American Psycho” actually a serial killer, or is it  in his head? | Read | The Take

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Surfer hairstyles are the best, they always remind me on Australia or some dude from Baywatch. And I can understand why someone wouldn't want to go to the hairdresser right now.

John Allen Nelson - John D. Cort the dude from Baywatch (John D. Cort played by John Allen Nelson)

This is mine right now. My hair is too straight for a Baywath hair cut. I’m going to look like Mr. It from the Addams Family if I grow it out longer. 
 

C3E2F793-21F3-4201-8433-39011C24E778.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

They are. They can only have so many people in at a time. They must wear masks, but I don't want to take the chance. People generally wear masks in Philadelphia, but a lot of people don't cover their noses with their mask. I've lived with my GF for 7 years (guess I should call her my partner even though we aren't married), and she's got some autoimmune issues that were triggered from rheumatic fever when she was a child, so I have to be really careful to not bring anything home. 

Maybe your GF can learn to cut hair. 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

They are open where I live, but I wouldn't go to any as well. We are already at ~500 infections each day. Today, Austria hit more than 700.

This reminds me, EU just surpassed US in cases. Not sure if what's going on in Austria is just a casedemic or what - not translating into mortalities yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin_270 said:

Maybe your GF can learn to cut hair. 😉

She's offered, but I'm kind of using this as an opportunity to see what my hair would look like if I didn't cut it for a year. If it looks good by January, I'll keep it long. In college, I'd get a hair cut once every 6 months. This is already the longest I've gone without cutting my hair.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

This reminds me, EU just surpassed US in cases. Not sure if what's going on in Austria is just a casedemic or what - not translating into mortalities yet.

Yeah thanks God mortality is growing slowly

These are Austria's cases. The U-shape is quite worrying.

image.thumb.png.e1b2b1d607d20e26d30b0479705f0fc5.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I much prefer to keep my hair short along the sides but long up top, I tend to have the Reagan style more often than not. 

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Someone posted a picture of someone wearing a Trump 2020 mask that had a holster for his gun on it. I have no problem with that, if that's the only way he can feel secure about wearing a mask. 

I recently saw some white nationalist that believes Covid is a hoax and that slavery had many positives who purchased a confederate flag mask "not because masks are anything more than meant to oppress the people but because this will trigger all the sensitive liberals that don't know their history". I figured as long as he doesn't know he's playing himself I'll just know to avoid him on the street double time if I ever have the misfortune of crossing paths with someone like him.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah thanks God mortality is growing slowly

These are Austria's cases. The U-shape is quite worrying.

image.thumb.png.e1b2b1d607d20e26d30b0479705f0fc5.png

I think it is human nature for people to assume bad things are over before they are over, if they want it to be over. I expect cases to go back up in the US because of labor day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I much prefer to keep my hair short along the sides but long up top, I tend to have the Reagan style more often than not. 

Reagan's hair has always looked odd to me. I like what Gore Vidal said about his hair in a 1980s talk show:

Host: But he (Reagan) says he doesn't touch his hair.

Vidal: Well, somebody touches it. I myself would not go near it for I fear it would seize me. 

I might be able to find the video:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Reagan's hair has always looked odd to me. I like what Gore Vidal said about his hair in a 1980s talk show:

Host: But he (Reagan) says he doesn't touch his hair.

Vidal: Well, somebody touches it. I myself would not go near it for I fear it would seize me. 

I might be able to find the video:

This is funny. Granted, his attempt to call 1980 anything less than a mandate was perhaps the funniest point he attempted to make. But I digress, I would say that on a casual day like today where I'm just on calls I have the young Reagan hair. If I need to get spiffy it turns into the Presidential Reagan cut.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

This is funny. Granted, his attempt to call 1980 anything less than a mandate was perhaps the funniest point he attempted to make. But I digress, I would say that on a casual day like today where I'm just on calls I have the young Reagan hair. If I need to get spiffy it turns into the Presidential Reagan cut.

Ah I see. My hair goes straight down like Mr. It. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Ah I see. My hair goes straight down like Mr. It. 

I nearly shaved my hair completely about two weeks ago. I want to grow new hair, but I also want to have an easy hairstyle. I don't need a comb for like one month or two. If I still like it by then, I'll shave it again.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The state of the race for day 52 will be posted later than usual. I try to post around noon EST on weekdays, but I'm still out of town so it's whenever I can get 15 straight minutes free. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, vcczar said:

People in Philadelphia are better about masks than the people in Cape May. However, it's hard to know who lives here and who is just visiting. It's a shame the mask wearing is so politicized. I feel if Romney or McCain were the president, rather than Trump, you'd see more people not feeling stigmatized by wearing the masks. Someone posted a picture of someone wearing a Trump 2020 mask that had a holster for his gun on it. I have no problem with that, if that's the only way he can feel secure about wearing a mask. 

...the holster for his gun was on his mask?  Like...the guy's gun was right next to the guy's ear or something?  I would think that would A) Be extremely uncomfortable, B ) Be too much weight for the mask and would pull it down, and C) Look really stupid.  The whole point of carrying a gun on you at all times is either to look cool or to defend yourself, and BOTH of those things are not possible if the gun is hanging from your ear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2020 at 1:24 PM, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I nearly shaved my hair completely about two weeks ago. I want to grow new hair, but I also want to have an easy hairstyle. I don't need a comb for like one month or two. If I still like it by then, I'll shave it again.

I've been shaving my head for about 15 years now.  

I used to have very long hair -- I was an actor and usually when you're in a show the rule is you can't change your hair after you're cast.  So I would just let it grow for about a year at a time.  

Had to get it all shaved when I joined the military, and ended up liking the look.  I've mostly stuck to it since.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Had to get it all shaved when I joined the military, and ended up liking the look.  I've mostly stuck to it since.

I see. Yeah, it's way more comfortable that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I've been shaving my head for about 15 years now.  

I used to have very long hair -- I was an actor and usually when you're in a show the rule is you can't change your hair after you're cast.  So I would just let it grow for about a year at a time.  

Had to get it all shaved when I joined the military, and ended up liking the look.  I've mostly stuck to it since.

I’ve shaved my head once. In 2005, I tried to give myself a haircut. I messed up royally and then just shaved my own head. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...