270soft Forum

Reagan04's 1968-Present Hybrid RP Extravanganza!

Nelson Rockefeller announces at a mega rally with Edward Brooke, George Romney, and Richard Nixon that he will dropping out of the presidential race and endorsing Richard Nixon. Case also announces he will run as a favorite son supporting Nixon. (I will now be doing events as Case for Nixon)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Influence (3): The dinner results in Nixon spilling A1 sauce on his tie, not very presidential Rally (6): The Governor pumps up turnout and an energized Nixon carries the rest. Rally (4): Tu

*sigh*

Influence George McGovern meets with student groups throughout New Hampshire where he distributes flyers and meets everyone that he can Schmooze McGovern invites New Hampshire Democrats to a priva

Posted Images

Wallace will rally in Florida.

Wallace will influence Johnson conservatives in Florida.

Wallace will influence Mainstream Southern Democrats.

Clifford Case does some more casework in New Jersey

Case and Rockefeller meet with Prescott Bush and John Chafee and hope to get them to endorse Nixon. Rockefeller talks about how he thinks Nixon has changed his ways and has become more liberal then anyone could have thought. He talks about Nixon's experience as Vice President and Nixon's and Rockefeller's shared anti-communism. 

Clifford Case meets with J. Caleb Boggs and tries to get him to endorse Nixon. He talks about Nixon's experience, his newfound liberalism, and the need to stop Goldwater

As the nukes fall over America, George Wallace will take one last look over the sea(Having been campaigning in Florida), before looking to his wife, "Honey, I need to come clean. I'm a black supremacist. I believe we need to defend the bl-"(He is cut off as both he and his wife are vaporized)

• Upvote 1

Barry Goldwater actually had a cryogenic chamber deep down in hia basement and decides to go in it, freezing himself to not witness the fate of the earth. But then in the year 2285, Barry wakes up. He sees the fate of the old world and it is now up to him to save what is left. That's right! Fallout 69: Arizona Blues stars Barry Goldwater in his quest to live in the post-apocalyptic world! Come get it on PC, Xbox 9000, PS25, and the Nintendo Box November 25th, 2055!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, buenoboss said:

Nelson Rockefeller becomes immortal as he was the last great liberal Republican. He joins Barry Goldwater and they become friends in the new Fallout world. Nuclear war does strange and scary things

On 10/8/2020 at 11:15 AM, PringlesN7 said:

The Barry Goldwater Theme Song for Fallout 69. 

On 10/7/2020 at 5:47 PM, Cenzonico said:

Barry Goldwater actually had a cryogenic chamber deep down in hia basement and decides to go in it, freezing himself to not witness the fate of the earth. But then in the year 2285, Barry wakes up. He sees the fate of the old world and it is now up to him to save what is left. That's right! Fallout 69: Arizona Blues stars Barry Goldwater in his quest to live in the post-apocalyptic world! Come get it on PC, Xbox 9000, PS25, and the Nintendo Box November 25th, 2055!

On 10/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, Zenobiyl said:

Everett Dirksen laughs from his hospital bed as he hears the nuclear sirens, unplugging his life support before the bombs drop.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, The Blood said:

As the nukes fall over America, George Wallace will take one last look over the sea(Having been campaigning in Florida), before looking to his wife, "Honey, I need to come clean. I'm a black supremacist. I believe we need to defend the bl-"(He is cut off as both he and his wife are vaporized)

On 10/7/2020 at 5:33 PM, The Blood said:

On 10/7/2020 at 5:36 PM, Zenobiyl said:

Everett Dirksen laughs from his hospital bed as he hears the nuclear sirens, unplugging his life support before the bombs drop.

On 10/7/2020 at 5:43 PM, PringlesN7 said:

Enjoy the immersion guys! Fallout New Vegas music is great as you watch the world engulf in nuclear bombs!

On 10/7/2020 at 5:47 PM, Cenzonico said:

On 10/7/2020 at 8:27 PM, TheLiberalKitten said:

George McGovern is abducted by aliens where he is dropped off in a parallel world where he manages to win the presidency of the planet and then becomes God emperor of the new solar system.

3 hours ago, buenoboss said:

Nelson Rockefeller becomes immortal as he was the last great liberal Republican. He joins Barry Goldwater and they become friends in the new Fallout world. Nuclear war does strange and scary things

Threads and the Chrysalids are FAR closer to what a nuclear war's aftermath would look like than Wasteland, Fallout, or the Mad Max moves, by the way.

Just now, Patine said:

Threads and the Chrysalids are FAR closer to what a nuclear war's aftermath would look like than Wasteland, Fallout, or the Mad Max moves, by the way.

I'm sure it is. I've never seen nor read those... I just play video games all day and Fallout is one of those games I love. :DPlus this was just a meme for the death of 1968. :(

37 minutes ago, PringlesN7 said:

I'm sure it is. I've never seen nor read those... I just play video games all day and Fallout is one of those games I love. :DPlus this was just a meme for the death of 1968. :(

Guys, it’s not dead, so please stop clogging the thread.

On 10/2/2020 at 5:33 PM, PringlesN7 said:

Nixon influences Eisenhower Republicans at a dinner in Yorba Linda, California. Hoping to get the Nixonites ready to pack the streets of LA before the primary. 

Nixon heads to Tampa, Florida for a final rally before the upcoming primary. Governor Claude R. Kirk Jr. accompanies him. They discuss the need to unify the party, and Nixon is the only candidate that can bring back Law and Order by uniting the country and actually winning the General Election. Nixon attacks  LBJ’s failure to represent the hardworking American people along with keeping them informed on the Vietnam War. Nixon ends on a high note of discussing the future of the Cold War; The Space Race. 

Nixon heads to Portland, Oregon for a rally. The speech focuses on Nixon’s experience, and the need to unite the party, along with emphasizing he is the only candidate that can bring back Law and Order from the failed administration of President Johnson. 

On 10/3/2020 at 7:26 PM, buenoboss said:

Nelson Rockefeller announces at a mega rally with Edward Brooke, George Romney, and Richard Nixon that he will dropping out of the presidential race and endorsing Richard Nixon. Case also announces he will run as a favorite son supporting Nixon. (I will now be doing events as Case for Nixon)

Influence (3): The dinner results in Nixon spilling A1 sauce on his tie, not very presidential

Rally (6): The Governor pumps up turnout and an energized Nixon carries the rest.

Rally (4): Turnout is diminished but Nixon lands it.

Endorsement (8): An excellent speech from Rockefeller totally topples the current order and unites Liberals behind Nixon, merging them into his moderate base.

Overall: +6. Nixon has an underwhelming week... and then Nelson Rockefeller announces the entire establishment of the GOP has finally come around to support Nixon.

On 10/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, Cenzonico said:

The Barry holds a rally in Orlando, Florida Goldwater talks about leadership and leading America into a brighter future.

Barry blesses the New Right in Los Angeles so they can get on the streets.

Having nothing better to do, Barry Goldwater meets with Eisenhower Republicans in Sacramento, California to try and better his standing with them.

Rally (10!): Goldwarites, incensed by the establishment choice of Nixon, have decided to make Florida their last stand, turnout will not be an issue for Goldwater in the Sunshine State, the stage is set.

Influence (7): And onto the streets they go.

Influence (5): Honestly, after Nixon became the heir apparent, doing no damage is a great outcome.

Overall: +8. Goldwater is lucky that the pluck of his fans can keep his name in the news as most are calling the race unwinnable surrounding a rally around Nixon.

On 10/3/2020 at 7:44 PM, Hestia11 said:

Johnson influences conservatives

Johnson meets with CA Dems

Johnson meets with CO Dems

Influence (7): Johnson has a very productive meeting.

Schmooze (7): Another good meeting with the Californians.

Schmooze (9): LBJ remains popular among Western Democrats.

Overall: +8. LBJ makes waves in the positive direction this week.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:10 PM, The Blood said:

Wallace will rally in Florida.

Wallace will influence Johnson conservatives in Florida.

Wallace will influence Mainstream Southern Democrats.

Rally (10!): Wallace's rally gins up turnout in the Sunshine State!

Influence (7): It seems as though Johnsonite conservatives are finally listening.

Influence (3): Mainstream Southern Democrats not so much.

Overall +6. A good week for Wallace.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:07 PM, MishFox said:

Lynch rallies in San Diego California

Lynch influences ethic americans. 

Rally (1!): Lynch is shouted down! San Diego is not fertile soul.

Influence (3): The voters are a bit confused as he keeps referring to voters of color as "ethical voters".

Overall: -7. Lynch damages his progress in California.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:38 PM, Herbert Hoover said:

RFK influences labor unions. 

RFK rallies in California. 

RFK influences liberals.

Influence (8): RFK keeps up the progress with more liberal unions.

Rally (7): California crowds love that Kennedy appeal!

Influence (2): RFK has trouble connecting with this particular crowd of liberals, perhaps it had to do with an ill-received remark about his relationship with J. Edgar Hoover, but it's likely just an off day for RFK.

Overall: +2. Apart from an awkward event with liberals, RFK trends in the right direction.

---

Florida and Oregon results will be up tomorrow. I hope you all enoyed the "Fall Break" week off! I plan to get us back onto our regular schedule. Love you all! Expect some updates like y'all normally get after primaries. Also @ThePotatoWalrus absolutely! We'll have discussions about involving the larger field once our nominees are chosen, we need more than 2 people to control the 2 major parties!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1968 Florida Democratic Primary Results

563,093 votes -- 63 Delegates

George Wallace - 297,876 votes (52.9%) 33 delegates

Lyndon B. Johnson - 139,084 votes (24.7%) 16 delegates

Robert F. Kennedy - 126,133  votes (22.4%) 14 delegates

image.thumb.png.52426a6211638401348bab5c37d5e07b.png

---

1968 Florida Republican Primary

213,436 votes -- 34 Delegates

Richard Nixon - 99,888 votes (46.8%) 16 delegates

Barry Goldwater - 99,248 votes (46.5%) 16 delegates

Nelson Rockefeller - 14,300 votes (6.7%) 2 delegates

image.thumb.png.b8421738ec5d772e83ca1f4b218048f3.png

1968 Oregon Democratic Primary

404,218 votes -- 35 Delegates

Robert F. Kennedy - 188,770 votes (46.7%) 35 delegates

Lyndon B. Johnson - 142,491 votes (34.4%)

George Wallace - 76,397 votes (18.9%) 

image.thumb.png.356523a424d380741d1c75fb1a2fe03e.png

---

1968 Oregon Republican Primary

357,034 votes -- 18 Delegates

Richard Nixon - 184,587 votes (51.7%) 18 delegates

Barry Goldwater - 127,818 votes (35.8%) 

Nelson Rockefeller - 44,629 votes (12.5%) 

image.thumb.png.ca526fdffeec4b9bd3761f0b210e2075.png

NBC Nightly News Report -- May 29th, 1968

General Headlines

• George Wallace carries Florida by a wide margin as his campaign secures a needed victory.
  • RFK rolls along in Oregon as the President fails to win a primary this week.
  • Richard Nixon is the big story as the endorsement of Nelson Rockfeller propels him to a landslide victory in Oregon and a nail-biting but important victory in Florida.
  • The U.S.S. Scorpion, a nuclear submarine with 99 men aboard, has gone missing 400 miles southwest of the Azores in the Atlantic Ocean.

Democratic Polls

May 29th -- Nationwide Primary

Robert F. Kennedy - 38.2% (-)

George Wallace - 30.9% (+0.1)

Lyndon B. Johnson - 21.7% (+0.4)

Undecided - 9.2% (-0.5)

May 29th -- California Primary

Robert F. Kennedy - 42.4% (+1.2)

Lyndon B. Johnson - 28.6% (+2.2)

George Wallace - 13.8% (+0.4)

Undecided - 15.2% (-3.8)

May 29th -- New Jersey Primary

Robert F. Kennedy - 49.6%

Lyndon B. Johnson - 21.5%

George Wallace - 15.3%

Undecided - 13.6%

May 29th -- South Dakota Primary

Lyndon B. Johnson - 35.5%

Robert F. Kennedy - 29.6%

George Wallace - 21.8%

Undecided - 13.1%

---

Republican Polls

May 29th -- Nationwide Primary

Richard Nixon - 49.5% (+13.3)

Barry Goldwater - 37.9% (+4.4)

Undecided - 12.6% (+6.3)

May 29th -- California Primary

Barry Goldwater - 47.6% (+12)

Richard Nixon - 42.3% (+12.8)

Undecided - 10.1% (-6)

May 29th -- New Jersey Primary

Richard Nixon - 58.6%

Barry Goldwater - 32.5%

Undecided - 8.9%

South Dakota Primary

Barry Goldwater - 51.4%

Richard Nixon - 40.5%

Undecided - 8.1%

---

@Hestia11@Herbert Hoover@The Blood @MishFox @Cenzonico @PringlesN7

THe next turn has begun! California, New Jersey, and South Dakota results will be at the end of this turn. Make sure to submit your events soon so that I can process the primary turn. It's so great to get us back on track and the primary season is coming to a close soon. More on the non-primary states after we've wrapped the primaries. Love y'all!

Happy Flavamaking!