270soft Forum

Crusader Kings III is fantastic

33 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

UPDATE:

The disagreements between the Pope and I have continued to escalate for the past twelve years.

So he challenged me to a duel.

The POPE.

Challenged me.

To a DUEL.

I won...barely.  Left him with a significant leg wound.  But he's 67 and I'm in my early 40's, so it was an embarrassing display nonetheless.  Haha.

image.thumb.png.f292e4c714b126457045794a3047ce81.png

This is why I focused almost entirely on Martial and Prowess (21 prowess) I have personally murdered many a peasant and my own cousin at my hammer (for some reason the game mentioned my character's weapon of choice was a hammer).

I have conquered all of Ireland and my grandson has nearly maxed stewardship (son died in combat), and as I have allied with William the Conqueror, I should have a safe and prosperous future.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I'm considering buying it just to play as the Byzantine empire. But I might also wait for a sale.

OMG same, it is so hard to find good games to play the Eastern Romans! I had to mod EU4 a bit just so it was not such a quick end LOL. Victoria 2 is always fun also to reform the Eastern Romans but is challenging. 

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 3:32 PM, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I played CK2 but I don't know if I really like this game. Some options are great and the depth is probably not reached in another game, but I also didn't get much functions at first. The Total War series is way better in my opinion. Medieval II, Rome, Empire, Napoleon, Shogun II, oh boy I played them like crazy.

Btw @Actinguy and @Herbert Hoover got friend requests from me on Steam ;)

I didn't get your invite.  Probably because I'm Actinguy2 on there.

Me, You, and @vcczar need to start a game together, we can play when we are all available for little amounts of time, I'm sure more people have it as well. Transylvania shall rain supreme! 

6 hours ago, Actinguy said:

I didn't get your invite.  Probably because I'm Actinguy2 on there.

I know that, but my name there is very different. It's about samurai ;) and I have the flag of Missouri as profile pic (I think they have the most beautiful state flag)

45 minutes ago, CentristGuy said:

Everyone is enjoying CKIII meanwhile I'm stuck with this potato...

images (97).jpeg

Ha!  I loved that game.  Its version of traits are way better than the 7 deadly sins/7 virtues that CK2 and CK3 went with.  Although I do like how CK3 uses the dichotomy between your traits and your choices to introduce a stress mechanic.

• Like 1

I played as an African tribal leader who founded a religion, had 23 children, and lived to be 85 years old.

His son then wasted all the money and the kingdom fell apart.

Then his son restored the kingdom.

My dynasty has over 100 members, and everyone is part of a witch coven btw.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I honestly haven't bought a Paradox title in a while; their DLC policy is absolutely horrendous, and I don't support it.  However, I still do like to play HOI III or Vicky II when I have some spare time.

Haven't played either in a while, but I spent a lot of time playing Empire and Napoleon Total War years ago as well.

3 hours ago, CPE said:

I honestly haven't bought a Paradox title in a while; their DLC policy is absolutely horrendous, and I don't support it.  However, I still do like to play HOI III or Vicky II when I have some spare time.

Haven't played either in a while, but I spent a lot of time playing Empire and Napoleon Total War years ago as well.

EU4 is my personal favorite, and I agree, the DLC policy is terrible.

17 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

EU4 is my personal favorite, and I agree, the DLC policy is terrible.

17 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

I couldn't agree with you more. 

I try to "vote with my wallet" when it comes to supporting developers, no way I could ever support that scummy DLC policy.  There are still some great mods to make HOI III or Vicky II enjoyable for a playthrough every now and then anyways.  It is a shame, because their titles are generally pretty good, but it is just rewarding a horrible practice imo.