270soft Forum

Trump Leadership Shines Again

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

But they're not terrorists, so saying they are is misleading = which you did say. Antifa is hardly organzied, [...] It's because they're not organized. 

I certainly don't know about their inner hierarchy but I do think they are highly motivated to commit violent acts under a common banner, which is, for me, a quite important sign to be a terrorist organization. We don't know if they have a leader and so on, because we are not involved with them. I think it's possible and therefore I stick to my description. 

4 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Biden has condemned violence - is it really that much that you need to say antifa specifically? It's obvious he doesn't want violence of any kind. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/31/trump-allies-keep-accusing-biden-not-condemning-violence-shortly-after-biden-condemns-violence/

Well, do you think it would be acceptable for the media when Trump were not mentioning the KKK when distancing his campaign from racists (if their website would redirect to his)? I think it would be demanded and therefore it exposes the media's double standards once again. Antifa members could also use Biden's wishy-washy condemnation as an excuse, because ''we are not violent, so we are not addressed here. Let's continue, it's all good man.''. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515062-trump-called-american-war-dead-in-french-cemetery-losers-report   Trump calls US dead “losers.” However, according to four sources with k

And yet people claim he is a true patriot. I genuinely don't understand how people still support him. 

I’m just wondering how @admin_270 @Conservative Elector 2 @ThePotatoWalrus and even though I’ve blocked them, what @servo75 and @billay react to this.

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I certainly don't know about their inner hierarchy but I do think they are highly motivated to commit violent acts under a common banner, which is, for me, a quite important sign to be a terrorist organization. We don't know if they have a leader and so on, because we are not involved with them. I think it's possible and therefore I stick to my description. 

10 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

It's flatly inaccurate. There's no way to say it besides "well my opinion". It's misleading and inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well, do you think it would be acceptable for the media when Trump were not mentioning the KKK when distancing his campaign from racists (if their website would redirect to his)? I think it would be demanded and therefore it exposes the media's double standards once again. Antifa members could also use Biden's wishy-washy condemnation as an excuse, because ''we are not violent, so we are not addressed here. Let's continue, it's all good man.''. 

Aug. 25: Biden campaign spokeswoman Symone Sanders denounces “burning down communities and needless destruction” in Kenosha, Wis.

Aug. 26 at 3:04 p.m.: Biden says in a video and tweet, “Burning down communities is not protest, it’s needless violence — violence that endangers lives, violence that guts businesses, and shutters businesses that serve the community. That’s wrong.” He adds: “We need to end the violence — and peacefully come together to demand justice.”

Aug. 27 around 3 p.m.: Democratic vice-presidential nominee Kamala D. Harris says: “We must always defend peaceful protests and peaceful protesters. We should not confuse them with those looting and committing acts of violence, including the shooter who was arrested for murder [Kyle Rittenhouse]. And make no mistake: We will not let these vigilantes and extremists derail the path to justice.”

May 29: Biden tells CNN that people “have a right to be, in fact, angry and frustrated. And more violence, hurting more people, isn’t going to answer the question.”

May 31: Biden says: “Protesting such brutality is right and necessary; it’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”\

June 2: Biden says that “there is no place for violence, no place for looting or destroying property or burning churches, or destroying businesses — many of them built by people of color who for the first time were beginning to realize their dreams and build wealth for their families.”

July 28: Biden says: “I’ve said from the outset of the recent protests that there is no place for violence or the destruction of property. Peaceful protesters should be protected — but arsonists and anarchists should be prosecuted — and local law enforcement can do that.”

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

and that you and I should be fortunate we can't vote in this election and put our official stamp of approval on one of these monsters, or "waste it," as the parlance goes, and that NEITHER deserve the support of good people like us

You make a good point here. I would never ever cast an invalid ballot because I believe there is always a worse choice. I know you don't like me mentioning Austrian presidential elections, because they are not nearly as important as others, but since we had two run-off elections I have to say I also voted for the lesser of two evils in these run-off elections. So yeah let's be glad we are not voting in November.

You make a good point here. I would never ever cast an invalid ballot because I believe there is always a worse choice. I know you don't like me mentioning Austrian presidential elections, because they are not nearly as important as others, but since we had two run-off elections I have to say I also voted for the lesser of two evils in these run-off elections. So yeah let's be glad we are not voting in November.

But, as I've said, those are electing a national mascot. It's the Nationalrat elections that decide those with the power, because Austria, whether you like it or not, is a Parliamentary Republic, not a Republican Presidential System with a Separation of Powers.

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

How many times do you want him to condemn it? Cause apparently 7+ isn't the answer.

But you got that my phrase ''we are not violent, so we are not addressed here. Let's continue, it's all good man.''. made fun of Antifa people who think they are not violent at all? This wasn't even about hitting Biden, because these people are surely thinking they are doing the right thing.

Regarding the condemnations: some are better than others. I could respond to each one, but I guess we could both use our time in a better and more productive way. 

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

But, as I've said, those are electing a national mascot. It's the Nationalrat elections that decide those with the power, because Austria, whether you like it or not, is a Parliamentary Republic, not a Republican Presidential System with a Separation of Powers.

Yeah but not voting is not an option for me. I am not even saying I'd like to have Republican Presidential System here. It's good as it is I believe. By the way on October 11th we have Viennese State Parliament elections and Viennese district council elections (23 separate elections) going on here. I am curious about the results. 

But you got that my phrase ''we are not violent, so we are not addressed here. Let's continue, it's all good man.''. made fun of Antifa people who think they are not violent at all? This wasn't even about hitting Biden, because these people are surely thinking they are doing the right thing.

Like I said, antifa is hardly an organization. Biden is likely hitting out at violent individuals, which they themselves may ascribe themselves to some sort of antifa doctrine. Like it or not, it's not going to be "perfect" or whatever you want him to say. You're going to find flaws no matter what I say or no matter what he says. You can say some are better than others, or whatever, but seven times is enough. Combined they should be enough. 

Yeah but not voting is not an option for me. I am not even saying I'd like to have Republican Presidential System here. It's good as it is I believe. By the way on October 11th we have Viennese State Parliament elections and Viennese district council elections (23 separate elections) going on here. I am curious about the results. 

Do you still have to vote if a given office for election for you is acclaimed?

19 minutes ago, Patine said:

Do you still have to vote if a given office for election for you is acclaimed?

What are you referring to?

What are you referring to?

A candidate who is uncontested for a specific office - that is, for whatever reason, ends up with no opponents on the ballot - is considered to be "acclaimed." The term "winning by acclamation," is used in English-speaking countries for such an inevitable victory.

3 minutes ago, Patine said:

A candidate who is uncontested for a specific office - that is, for whatever reason, ends up with no opponents on the ballot - is considered to be "acclaimed." The term "winning by acclamation," is used in English-speaking countries for such an inevitable victory.

Oh yeah I even know ''voting by acclamation'' as a term. I doubt there would ever be an election like this in Austria, but if so I'd still take part in it. If I dislike the candidate, I'd at least vote invalid.

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

But what about antifa.com redirecting to joebiden.com (as of today)? Antifa isn't fighting fascism, because it is not existing in the US.

Well that's wrong for a start, they exist - they're called the Alt-Right! What, you prefer they ruled this precious Union?

9 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Ya. Remember Michael Wolffe's book?

Honestly, no.

2 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Well that's wrong for a start, they exist - they're called the Alt-Right! What, you prefer they ruled this precious Union?

The Alt-Right is for me an obscure splinter group, with which I would never associate myself. It's doubtful to call their influence in any way significant and I doubt the Antifa organization is necessary to push them back. They are probably not so active because few are interested in it, not because Antifa made such a good job.

Honestly, no.

The Alt-Right is for me an obscure splinter group, with which I would never associate myself. It's doubtful to call their influence in any way significant and I doubt the Antifa organization is necessary to push them back. They are probably not so active because few are interested in it, not because Antifa made such a good job.

Antifa is probably a lot smaller and obscure than the Alt-Right. Also far less influential. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Antifa is probably a lot smaller and obscure than the Alt-Right. Also far less influential. 

For some reason I can't agree on that. Antifa is also active in Austria (Graffitis, stickers, students dressed in Antifa hoodies etc. show this clearly). I never saw anything from the Alt-Right movement here. 

For some reason I can't agree on that. Antifa is also active in Austria (Graffitis, stickers, students dressed in Antifa hoodies etc. show this clearly). I never saw anything from the Alt-Right movement here. 

I’m talking about the US. I don’t live there, and I never attempt to make a comment on a country I don’t live in unless the discussion is about universal and natural laws, like genocide being bad. In the US antifa is basically obscure. They’re like 10% of the protesters at most and have like no political influence. Alt-Right is much larger and more influential in the US. Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller for example. 

12 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Tell it to Martin Sellner

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Alt-Right is much larger and more influential in the US. Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller for example.

You're casting the term 'alt-right' pretty widely. Richard Spencer (who just endorsed Biden) coined the term 'alt-right'.

Bannon isn't really alt-right AFAICT. This article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

characterizes him as 'alt-lite', which sounds like an accurate term to me. Similarly with Miller.

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I’m talking about the US. I don’t live there, and I never attempt to make a comment on a country I don’t live in unless the discussion is about universal and natural laws, like genocide being bad. In the US antifa is basically obscure. They’re like 10% of the protesters at most and have like no political influence. Alt-Right is much larger and more influential in the US. Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller for example. 

Yeah, that's noble from you but I think an organization which has strongholds in many countries (I guess they are active in Germany and probably other European countries) is quite popular at least. 

5 minutes ago, pilight said:

Tell it to Martin Sellner

LOL I think it's funny you know him, but yeah he's an idiot and the type of guy who brings down the Conservative movements, because people tend to think all people on the right agree with people like Sellner. I know he's leading the Identitarian movement, but I can't say if they are associated with the US Alt-Right movement. I guess Sellner's guys have an anti-American stance as well, so yeah...

13 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Sounds ridiculous. All anonymous sources. Trump has denied.

If there's harder evidence, or someone wants to go on the record, then I would take the claims more seriously.

9 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

First of all I heavily doubt this ''sources'' are telling the truth. That's the same with all the tell-all-books, which are released these days. People have (monetary) interests and therefore they are doing what they do. Additionally I always said, I'd support an establishment Republican over Trump, who's filled with controversial rhetoric which I despise. Lastly, I do believe Trump's still representing more parts of my preferred ideologies. I couldn't see myself backing Biden at this point, who will in turn whether knowingly or unknowingly enable a far-left agenda, which supports defunding the police and has a soft spot for rioters, looters and anarchists. I view this combined with the appointment of left-wing judges as worse than four more years of Trump. 

This was a four-star General, it had to be someone.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

You're casting the term 'alt-right' pretty widely. Richard Spencer (who just endorsed Biden) coined the term 'alt-right'.

Bannon isn't really alt-right AFAICT. This article

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

characterizes him as 'alt-lite', which sounds like an accurate term to me. Similarly with Miller.

How does Bannon not qualify? He’s called himself a nationalist. The source states Alt-Light holds many of the ideas of Alt-Right but not its nationalism. I think Miller is probably a nationalist too but I don’t know if he’s admitted that he is. 

Just now, Reagan04 said:

This was a four-star General, it had to be someone.

How do you know? I've not read that anywhere. Likewise some teenagers could have trolled The Atlantic.