270soft Forum

Trump Leadership Shines Again

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515062-trump-called-american-war-dead-in-french-cemetery-losers-report

Trump calls US dead “losers.”

However, according to four sources with knowledge of the incident, Trump was reluctant to travel to the cemetery because he was concerned that the rain would dishevel his hair, the Atlantic reported. 

He also did not think it was important to honor the dead there, according to the sources. 

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump reportedly told aides before canceling the trip to Belleau, France.

In another conversation Trump reportedly said that the 1,800 marines who lost their lives in the battle of Belleau Wood were “suckers” for getting killed. The president reportedly asked aides about historic details about WWI, including “Who were the good guys in this war?”

• Like 1
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515062-trump-called-american-war-dead-in-french-cemetery-losers-report   Trump calls US dead “losers.” However, according to four sources with k

And yet people claim he is a true patriot. I genuinely don't understand how people still support him. 

I’m just wondering how @admin_270 @Conservative Elector 2 @ThePotatoWalrus and even though I’ve blocked them, what @servo75 and @billay react to this.

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515062-trump-called-american-war-dead-in-french-cemetery-losers-report

However, according to four sources with knowledge of the incident, Trump was reluctant to travel to the cemetery because he was concerned that the rain would dishevel his hair, the Atlantic reported. 

He also did not think it was important to honor the dead there, according to the sources. 

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump reportedly told aides before canceling the trip to Belleau, France.

In another conversation Trump reportedly said that the 1,800 marines who lost their lives in the battle of Belleau Wood were “suckers” for getting killed. The president reportedly asked aides about historic details about WWI, including “Who were the good guys in this war?”

And yet people claim he is a true patriot. I genuinely don't understand how people still support him. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I’m just wondering how @admin_270 @Conservative Elector 2 @ThePotatoWalrus and even though I’ve blocked them, what @servo75 and @billay react to this.

Sounds ridiculous. All anonymous sources. Trump has denied.

If there's harder evidence, or someone wants to go on the record, then I would take the claims more seriously.

I'm not voting for Trump and think hes disgusting.  With that said I agree with him on more issues than Biden and I dont think Bidens positions are truly sincere regarding the major ones facing America today re: criminal justice reform which hes always been bad on, drug war same thing, and while he might praise the troops his foreign policy is worse than Trumps IMO.

Just now, admin_270 said:

If there's harder evidence, or someone wants to go on the record, then I would take the claims more seriously.

Yeah kinda where I'm at plus I'm not really a believer that most elected officials support the Troops like they say they do. If that were the case we wouldnt have been in Iraq all those years or still in Afghanistan today for example.

Honestly, on reading "according to four sources with knowledge of the incident, Trump was reluctant to travel to the cemetery because he was concerned that the rain would dishevel his hair" I LOLed. Mainly because it sounds like people trolling the Atlantic.

18 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

The Associated Press just confirmed story. https://apnews.com/b823f2c285641a4a09a96a0b195636ed

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The Associated Press just confirmed story

Doesn't really change much. The Atlantic presumably didn't just make it up! You have people making anonymous accusations, and they have now also made those anonymous claims to the AP, and now multiple people familiar with the events are saying on the record the claims are false.

So I would wait until people go on the record making the claims, or harder evidence emerges.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, vcczar said:

Definitely people trolling the Atlantic, especially because of that last line.

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

First of all I heavily doubt this ''sources'' are telling the truth. That's the same with all the tell-all-books, which are released these days. People have (monetary) interests and therefore they are doing what they do. Additionally I always said, I'd support an establishment Republican over Trump, who's filled with controversial rhetoric which I despise. Lastly, I do believe Trump's still representing more parts of my preferred ideologies. I couldn't see myself backing Biden at this point, who will in turn whether knowingly or unknowingly enable a far-left agenda, which supports defunding the police and has a soft spot for rioters, looters and anarchists. I view this combined with the appointment of left-wing judges as worse than four more years of Trump. 

9 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Biden at this point, who will in turn whether knowingly or unknowingly enable a far-left agenda, which supports defunding the police and has a soft spot for rioters, looters and anarchists.

You actually believe this, do you? I'll tell you a trick I've learned, from one non-American to another about following U.S. politics and society. NEVER get your news or information from actual American news outlets. You always end up with ridiculous perspectives on the country like this garbage I just quoted from you, and other ludicrous, highly partisan (of one U.S. party or another), but completely lacking in integrity, factuality, or sanity, "coverage," like this. Just some free advice, there.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Patine said:

You actually believe this, do you? I'll tell you a trick I've learned, from one non-American to another about following U.S. politics and society. NEVER get your news or information from actual American news outlets. You always end up with ridiculous perspectives on the country like this garbage I just quoted from you, and other ludicrous, highly partisan (of one U.S. party or another), but completely lacking in integrity, factuality, or sanity, "coverage," like this. Just some free advice, there.

I don't know why you are labeling this as garbage. People like Sanders or AOC are running on the coattails of Biden. If Biden wins, the far-left will think to be a step closer to the White House. I don't think this can be negated. 

Trust me, Austrian media is at least as worse as American media.

3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I don't know why you are labeling this as garbage. People like Sanders or AOC are running on the coattails of Biden. If Biden wins, the far-left will think to be a step closer to the White House. I don't think this can be negated. 

Trust me, Austrian media is at least as worse as American media.

I think you're confusing Sanders and Warren for far-left extremists, is the thing. The fact is, they're not. In Europe and Canada, they'd be seem for the mild Social Democrats they are, ideologically. But in many U.S. circles, the Ghost of McCarthy and the power and influence of corporate greed made manifest distorts the points of view of many Americans in this manner. There were Republicans who actually called Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton - of all people - actual, full-out, died-in-the-wool Communists - and not in parody or jest. The fact is, the far-left has no more real political power or traction in U.S. Government than it does in Japanese, South Korean, Hungarian, Polish, or Estonian Government. That is why I label the post I quoted, and the sources you got it from, as garbage.

5 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Lastly, I do believe Trump's still representing more parts of my preferred ideologies. I couldn't see myself backing Biden at this point, who will in turn whether knowingly or unknowingly enable a far-left agenda, which supports defunding the police and has a soft spot for rioters, looters and anarchists. I view this combined with the appointment of left-wing judges as worse than four more years of Trump. 

You can't be SERIOUS!

24 minutes ago, Wiw said:

You can't be SERIOUS!

Oh, I am very serious about that. Neither has Biden disavowed BLM's support nor did his campaign condemn their own staff bailing out rioters and looters.

3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Oh, I am very serious about that. Neither has Biden disavowed BLM's support nor did his campaign condemn their own staff bailing out rioters and looters.

What about Trump refusing to disavow racists, sexists, and ultra-right-wing-extremists who support him and his campaign, as well as Trump's undisguised admiration for horrible dictators and the most genocidal U.S. President (Andrew Jackson), as well as his equally undisguised contempt for freedom of the press and Constitutional limits on his office. These things don't bother you at least as much?

4 minutes ago, Patine said:

What about Trump refusing to disavow racists, sexists, and ultra-right-wing-extremists who support him and his campaign, as well as Trump's undisguised admiration for horrible dictators and the most genocidal U.S. President (Andrew Jackson), as well as his equally undisguised contempt for freedom of the press and Constitutional limits on his office. These things don't bother you at least as much?

As far as I know Trump's campaign denounced endorsements in the likes of David Duke and the KKK's official newspaper: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/politics/donald-trump-kkk-crusader-support/index.html

But what about antifa.com redirecting to joebiden.com (as of today)? Antifa isn't fighting fascism, because it is not existing in the US. It's a left-wing terrorist organization openly supporting the Democratic ticket.

1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

As far as I know Trump's campaign denounced endorsements in the likes of David Duke and the KKK's official newspaper: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/01/politics/donald-trump-kkk-crusader-support/index.html

But what about antifa.com redirecting to joebiden.com (as of today)? Antifa isn't fighting fascism, because it is not existing in the US. It's a left-wing terrorist organization openly supporting the Democratic ticket.

You do know that David Duke was only one such incident, and it took him a while of wrangling and denial first to do so, and only half heartedly. And, that denunciation represented a very rare exception for him. He didn't bother to do so for the vast majority of others. And his admiration for tyrants and Jackson, and his utter contempt for freedom of the press and Constitutional limits. You haven't addressed any of this. You're trying to use the insincere and half-hearted rebuke of Duke's endorsement as one of those anecdotal responses to try to counter broader scope issues the NYRepublican always tried to use on me - and I always saw right through and told him as much.

12 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

As has been noted before, Antifa is hardly an organization, much less a terrorist organization. It's not organized in any way. Do I support it? No. But they're not terrorists. 

https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/06/the-dangers-of-designating-antifa-as-a-terrorist-organization.html

1 minute ago, Patine said:

And his admiration for tyrants and Jackson, and his utter contempt for freedom of the press and Constitutional limits. You haven't addressed any of this.

What do you expect me to say on this? Andrew Jackson is not my favorite president, I wouldn't have dated Kim Jong-un likewise. It's Trump's point of view not mine, so what exactly could I do other than stating my despise of such statements and actions?

You didn't also address my point on Antifa's support of the Democratic campaign. Shouldn't Biden distance himself from this kind of open support from far-left extremists and violent terrorists? 

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

As has been noted before, Antifa is hardly an organization, much less a terrorist organization. It's not organized in any way. Do I support it? No. But they're not terrorists. 

https://www.rand.org/blog/2020/06/the-dangers-of-designating-antifa-as-a-terrorist-organization.html

I'd argue they are highly favoring violent tactics. Imagine the KKK website would redirect to Trump's campaign page. The media would immediately and rightfully demand a full condemnation. Nothing is obviously expected from Biden regarding Antifa's support and that's worrisome.

Just now, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I'd argue they are highly favoring violent tactics. Imagine the KKK website would redirect to Trump's campaign page. The media would immediately and rightfully demand a full condemnation. Nothing is obviously expected from Biden regarding Antifa's support and that's worrisome.

But they're not terrorists, so saying they are is misleading = which you did say. Antifa is hardly organzied, and the Biden campaign did not purchase antifa.com to link it to the Biden website. It's even possible that they don't know about it yet because antifa doesn't ring as many bells as if you'd say KKK. It's because they're not organized. Biden has condemned violence - is it really that much that you need to say antifa specifically? It's obvious he doesn't want violence of any kind. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/31/trump-allies-keep-accusing-biden-not-condemning-violence-shortly-after-biden-condemns-violence/

7 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

What do you expect me to say on this? Andrew Jackson is not my favorite president, I wouldn't have dated Kim Jong-un likewise. It's Trump's point of view not mine, so what exactly could I do other than stating my despise of such statements and actions?

You didn't also address my point on Antifa's support of the Democratic campaign. Shouldn't Biden distance himself from this kind of open support from far-left extremists and violent terrorists? 

I think the fact of both of their lack of integrity means that NEITHER deserve any support by any person with a conscience and sense of proportion, wouldn't you agree? This U.S. President, as I have said several times, is a loss for ANY possible good, decent, honourable, or ethical person of one of the parties the rigged and corrupt electoral will allow to win, and no President whose at all needed at this time in U.S. history will step into the White House, and that you and I should be fortunate we can't vote in this election and put our official stamp of approval on one of these monsters, or "waste it," as the parlance goes, and that NEITHER deserve the support of good people like us, but the American voters should be pitied on how they're cheated and robbed in this election, wouldn't you agree?