270soft Forum

Ernst suggests doctors are falsifying cases for money

I truly hope she goes down in November. She isnt even trying to hide her true colors now. Regardless of political affiliation, it is obvious that doctors are simply trying to do what they can on this virus. Plus, Iowa has had around 1100 deaths so far. Not great, but not so many that a falsifying claim would have anywhere near any merit. 

https://iowastartingline.com/2020/09/01/ernst-suggests-iowa-doctors-falsifying-covid-cases-for-money2/

Whether right or wrong wont matter if the economy rebounds and B1G football begins in October like it's now rumored. 

Neither party seems to be willing to shutdown again so essentially that means were just going to deal with it as it happens. I dont agree with it but it's pretty obvious they've all given into political pressure.

• Upvote 1

I can't fault her for thinking that. There are many accusations and testimonies of that Happening here in my Country. 

Though I know it's dangerous territory to be announcing this. It might cause a distrust of Doctors overall (which is majority good people). But an investigation is warranted. At least where I'm from it is, because the Public Insurance pays for Covid Bills and it's projected (the budget) to only last till 2021 - 2022.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, CentristGuy said:

I can't fault her for thinking that. There are many accusations and testimonies of that Happening here in my Country. 

Though I know it's dangerous territory to be announcing this. It might cause a distrust of Doctors overall (which is majority good people). But an investigation is warranted. At least where I'm from it is, because the Public Insurance pays for Covid Bills and it's projected (the budget) to only last till 2021 - 2022.

Believe it or not there are differences between Iowa and the Philippines. There is NO evidence this is happening anywhere in Iowa. Not a shred. Its a conspiracy theory, and a bad one at that. I am appalled that this is even discussable about HER OWN constituents. These people are on the front line against this virus, and she has the nerve to say that they are falsifying results for money when she couldnt step foot inside Cedar Rapids after the derecho? Greenfield and Finkenauer were there. But she couldn't? Give me a break. Phony Joni is getting tossed out in November. She better tell her dark money groups goodbye on the way out. 

There are so many things wrong with this article, I can smell the bias through the screen,
What is wrong about this article is that somehow the doctors and nurses are the ones fudging results for more "money",
In reality, it would be the hospitals, the health care providers,
So I think this article is extremely deceiving in trying to get the reader to think that someone the doctors and the nurses are behind this,
Additionally, I fully agree with Senator Ernst's statement, I am indeed curious, 
This isn't a stupid conspiracy theory, this is something that must be genuinely looked into,
As someone commented on that article: 
"94% of deaths attributed to Covid-19 occurred in patients with, on average, nearly three additional comorbidities. Since fewer than 10% of deaths result in an autopsy, it is readily apparent that vast majority of deaths attributed to Covid-19 were classified solely on the basis of a clinical/hospital diagnosis. No post-mortem is being performed to scientifically prove that Covid-19, rather than one of the comorbidities, is the actual cause of death. This is not a conspiracy theory; rather, it is an acknowledgement of the way that ’cause of death’ is determined in the vast majority of cases in the U.S."
And how the article is trying to compare this current situation to having diabetes and getting in a car crash angers me, 
I hope this is categorized under opinion, because it's a lot of stupid, baseless analogies,

32 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

There is NO evidence this is happening anywhere in Iowa

Who is looking into it? No one.
I wholeheartedly support an investigation, this issue finally needs to be made clear instead of just painting it as a "conspiracy theory" because the people that run these medical institutions are saints and wouldn't want more money even if the funds perhaps might help in saving lives,

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ALiteralNeoliberal said:

There are so many things wrong with this article, I can smell the bias through the screen,
What is wrong about this article is that somehow the doctors and nurses are the ones fudging results for more "money",
In reality, it would be the hospitals, the health care providers,
So I think this article is extremely deceiving in trying to get the reader to think that someone the doctors and the nurses are behind this,
Additionally, I fully agree with Senator Ernst's statement, I am indeed curious, 
This isn't a stupid conspiracy theory, this is something that must be genuinely looked into,
As someone commented on that article: 
"94% of deaths attributed to Covid-19 occurred in patients with, on average, nearly three additional comorbidities. Since fewer than 10% of deaths result in an autopsy, it is readily apparent that vast majority of deaths attributed to Covid-19 were classified solely on the basis of a clinical/hospital diagnosis. No post-mortem is being performed to scientifically prove that Covid-19, rather than one of the comorbidities, is the actual cause of death. This is not a conspiracy theory; rather, it is an acknowledgement of the way that ’cause of death’ is determined in the vast majority of cases in the U.S."
And how the article is trying to compare this current situation to having diabetes and getting in a car crash angers me, 
I hope this is categorized under opinion, because it's a lot of stupid, baseless analogies,

Who is looking into it? No one.
I wholeheartedly support an investigation, this issue finally needs to be made clear instead of just painting it as a "conspiracy theory" because the people that run these medical institutions are saints and wouldn't want more money even if the funds perhaps might help in saving lives,

maybe its because an autopsy isnt needed? The cause of death is so painfully obvious they dont feel like they need to pay for the autopsy. No one is looking into it because it isnt a problem. Maybe it is elsewhere, but youre going full tinfoil hat on this one. Theres no evidence - plenty of people could look into it if they wished. Trying to justify it by giving a lot of "what ifs" doesnt make your opinion that this is happening correct. It is a stupid conspiracy theory.

It's also the very definition of a conspiracy theory. They're suggesting a conspiracy among medical professionals, therefore fulfilling that part. And it's a theory because there's no evidence (Even a whistleblower of any kind) to support it. Ernst didn't even say there should be an investigation just a "we should look into it", likely to please whoever it was that was asking the question because of electoral reasons. And the 6% figure is likely those that were completely healthy. The 94%, had underlying health conditions that worsened COVID-19 for them, which is why they died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/us/elections/as-virus-cases-spike-in-iowa-joni-ernst-spreads-a-debunked-theory-of-inflated-death-figures.html

On Tuesday, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, made clear that just because a person had other health problems, or comorbidities, along with the coronavirus it does not mean that they did not die of Covid-19.