270soft Forum

Changing Default Load/Save Locations

This applies to all games (PI, PMI, CI).

When you load a save game, you should not have to repeatedly manually select the 'Path'. You should be able to 'Set Default' and retain the ability to manually deviate from the default.

The same logic should apply to saving games, where you can set a default folder rather than manually selecting your chosen one every time.

I think there are plenty other quality of life improvements (e.g. ad selection) that should be implemented.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, admin_270 said:

Thanks for this feedback - noted.

Another thing: When you first launch one of the games, it creates a folder named after the game (e.g. 'Prime Minister Infinity - United Kingdom') in Documents (with subfolders 'options' and 'user_scenarios', and 'quotation_number.txt'). I tried deleting and moving this folder elsewhere, but on relaunch, it creates the same content in the same place.

You should also be able to change the default location of this.

14 hours ago, ShadowOpposition said:

Another thing: When you first launch one of the games, it creates a folder named after the game (e.g. 'Prime Minister Infinity - United Kingdom') in Documents (with subfolders 'options' and 'user_scenarios', and 'quotation_number.txt'). I tried deleting and moving this folder elsewhere, but on relaunch, it creates the same content in the same place.

You should also be able to change the default location of this.

Ya, that's a bit more tricky. We'll see.