270soft Forum

Biden stumbles again

5 minutes ago, Mark_W said:

I really don’t think there’s any ambiguity at all, he talks about the use of UV light, then clearly moves into disinfectant as a separate point (‘and then I see the disinfectant’ clearly distinguishes it as a new separate point)

Yes, that's a fair interpretation of his comments. It's also fair to believe the reference to disinfectant was to light itself, as the presenter previously had called light a 'disinfectant' (which it is, obviously!).

What isn't fair is to claim he "suggested injecting yourself with disinfectant." Obviously untrue - he was clearly referring to research and doctors exploring therapeutics, not a given viewer at home.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 5:49 PM, admin_270 said:

Yes, that's a fair interpretation of his comments. It's also fair to believe the reference to disinfectant was to light itself, as the presenter previously had called light a 'disinfectant' (which it is, obviously!).

What isn't fair is to claim he "suggested injecting yourself with disinfectant." Obviously untrue - he was clearly referring to research and doctors exploring therapeutics, not a given viewer at home.

So I think it's worth noting that when Biden suggested that Trump had essentially said 'maybe you can inject bleach in your arm and that'll solve it', Trump didn't respond by challenging the suggestion that what he said was along those lines, or say that his reference to disinfectant was actually a reference to light.  He just said that it 'was said sarcastically' (which it obviously wasn't if you re-watch it).

Even if it was said sarcastically (it wasn't) and he just has the worst delivery ever, still a pretty dangerous thing to do in the middle of a pandemic. Not very tasteful either when people are dying.

It's pretty amazing that anybody is defending this man on Covid, when over a month after the seriousness of the situation became apparent to absolutely everyone, he STILL had such a basic lack of scientific knowledge that he thought that was a possible solution. I'm sure we can all trust him to manage the second wave as comprehensively and successfully as he did the first.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Mark_W said:

So I think it's worth noting that when Biden suggested that Trump had essentially said 'maybe you can inject bleach in your arm and that'll solve it', Trump didn't respond by challenging the suggestion that what he said was along those lines, or say that his reference to disinfectant was actually a reference to light.  He just said that it 'was said sarcastically' (which it obviously wasn't if you re-watch it).

Yes, if those comments are what Trump is responding to, then he didn't say it sarcastically, but was referring to ideas discussed in a presentation previous to the comments.

Might be he thinks that will get lost in the weeds, so just says they were sarcastic.