270soft Forum

Biden stumbles again

Yeah, that's the kind of ''leadership'' some are touting as so much better than Trump's...

• Upvote 1

As a Brit this is exactly like watching George W. Bush.

He’s definitely still a better leader than Trump. He’s not suggested injecting yourself with disinfectant for a start.

1 hour ago, Mark_W said:

As a Brit this is exactly like watching George W. Bush.

He’s definitely still a better leader than Trump. He’s not suggested injecting yourself with disinfectant for a start.

No, but hiding in your basement and having no real plan but a campaign based on ''empathy'' doesn't signal leadership as well. People don't want empathy, an ally of the light or any other full of hot air quote which is praised by Hollywood Democrats who don't have a clue about the people's real problems. They want a roaring economy, taxes going down and a safe and secure neighborhood. The problem with Democrats oftentimes is, that they are completely out of touch with what people are really concerned about. That's why even Trump seems to deliver more for the ordinary American.

By the way, where is Biden's VP nominee? Since her nomination she disappeared completely from the public eye as well... saying nothing seems to be the new strategy.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, billay said:

Wow.

5 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Yeah, that's the kind of ''leadership'' some are touting as so much better than Trump's...

Sorry guys, I’m stuck on a conference call right now so I can’t watch the video.  Did Biden get caught bragging about grabbing nonconsenting women “by the pussy?”

Because that’s where Donald Trump set the bar on leadership.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Sorry guys, I’m stuck on a conference call right now so I can’t watch the video.  Did Biden get caught bragging about grabbing nonconsenting women “by the pussy?”

Because that’s where Donald Trump set the bar on leadership.

As awful as it is, that doesn't tell anyone about his leadership qualities. Theoretically, you can be a good leader and a complete moron at the same time. Not to mention the Tara Reade moments, which are equally awful and not presidential at all.

2 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

As awful as it is, that doesn't tell anyone about his leadership qualities. Theoretically, you can be a good leader and a complete moron at the same time. Not to mention the Tara Reade moments, which are equally awful and not presidential at all.

You can maybe be a good leader and a complete moron -- I'm not convinced that's true, but maybe.

You cannot be a good leader and a rapist.  That is not possible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

You can maybe be a good leader and a complete moron -- I'm not convinced that's true, but maybe.

You cannot be a good leader and a rapist.  That is not possible.

For the first part, yeah, it's possible but not probably very likely. Some people with doubtful records are good organizers for example.

Probably true, but again the accusations of Tara Reade would also disqualify Biden by that standard. Additionally, I don't think the circumstances described in the Access Hollywood tape are fulfilling the requirements of what is called a rape. I am not aware of anyone coming forward and accusing Donald Trump of actual rape regarding the things which had been said in the tape. Possibly regarding other occasions though. So Trump is no more a rapist than Biden, because both have been accused to have done so. It is not proven to be true in both cases as well.

3 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

For the first part, yeah, it's possible but not probably very likely. Some people with doubtful records are good organizers for example.

Probably true, but again the accusations of Tara Reade would also disqualify Biden by that standard. Additionally, I don't think the circumstances described in the Access Hollywood tape are fulfilling the requirements of what is called a rape. I am not aware of anyone coming forward and accusing Donald Trump of actual rape regarding the things which had been said in the tape. Possibly regarding other occasions though. So Trump is no more a rapist than Biden, because both have been accused to have done so. It is not proven to be true in both cases as well.

No, one is an accusation with no evidence in support.  It might be true!  We don't know yet.  I would support an investigation to be sure.

The other is an actual recording of Trump not just confessing but BRAGGING about it.  

These are not the same thing.

I can't google these things on my work computer, but google Trump accusations and you'll find a list far longer than Trump's.  Again, I'm not suggesting we arrest someone based on accusation alone -- but in Trump's case, we have him on tape BRAGGING about multiple counts of sexual assault.

The Access Hollywood tape is pretty obviously Trump bragging about something he didn't do.  Lying brags about how many women you've had is a thing some guys do.  It's about a half step from "I once caught a fish this big".

Trump is far too old to be doing juvenile stuff like that and nobody should want that kind of guy as president of anything more important than a frat house, but it's a long way from being an admission of a crime.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Hoax.

What? I mean I know he didn’t say you should start injecting yourself with disinfectant really. But he did genuinely suggest that was a line of thinking that the ‘medical doctors’ need to look into. Unless you distrust every credible news source in the world.

I mean if you think this man should be leading your country during a global pandemic you are absolutely crazy.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mark_W said:

I mean I know he didn’t say you should start injecting yourself with disinfectant really.

Trump had just watched a presentation which was discussing injecting light, a disinfectant, into the body. There is some ambiguity about whether he was referring to light, or a different disinfectant that had been discussed prior. Either way, he never suggested people do it, only that it was an interesting possibility for research.

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Trust me, Trudeau is worse.

I'm not sure how you can make the comparison when you're living in Canada and not here. I don't think I have any authority to say Trudeau is better or worse than Trump because I don't live in Canada. For the average American, Trump is awful. National polls, favorability, approval ratings,Covid ratings, etc. support that. I'm not sure what Trudeau's polling in these areas in Canada. Do you know? I'm curious. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I'm not sure what Trudeau's polling in these areas in Canada. Do you know?

There is talk of an autumn election (my guess is it won't happen), after another scandal involving possible misappropriation of funds for a COVID-19 relief program, and which resulted in the firing of his Finance Minister.

3 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

There is talk of an autumn election (my guess is it won't happen), after another scandal involving possible misappropriation of funds for a COVID-19 relief program, and which resulted in the firing of his Finance Minister.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/trudeau-approval-rating-drops-we-scandal

Seems his approval is 44%, which is just barely better than Trump's. It appears he had 50% approval at some point. 

1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

I am interested in specific measures you think the federal government should have taken, that are under Trump's control.

I don't have time to elaborate. I'm on vacation for about 12 more days. 

In handling the protests, I made my response a few days ago in that post where I said what I would do if I were president or if I were advising a president. You read that and reacted, so I don't need to repeat it. 

For Covid, he shouldn't be fighting medical and scientific exports or trying to sell remedies that are not totally proven yet. He just needs to keep his mouth shut and be optimistic about the future of America. He should be open about the fact that there is more to do and more than can always be done, and that they're getting there. He should work with Congress as a mediator to provide relief quickly for citizens and businesses. He seems to mostly disassociate himself from what Congress is doing, aside from rhetoric. While this is a throw back to earlier times, contemporary presidents are expected to show leadership and activity, especially in emergencies. His executive actions are mostly symbolic and some might not be legal, according to some experts. He's pretty much pulling an Obama, who was way too symbolic. He should stop trying to use executive actions to influence public opinion of himself and figure out which will be effective and helpful to the crisis. A lot of what he does is more about himself than the citizens, which is my huge issue with any leader, regardless of party or country. I think he should have reacted quicker to Covid as well. He got a really late start. I'd recommend he use some sort of authority to place temporary price controls on pharmaceuticals that might help in recovering from Covid. A lot of people could probably be aided if they could afford basic medication. He should work with ALL governors, not against a single one of them, in helping them help their states. Overall, his personality is almost counterproductive to any crisis that requires working with everyone and showing empathy. 

I don't have time to respond to all the other areas of things that he could/should do. I just don't think he's the type of president to do much right, mainly because of his personal defects as a human. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Trump had just watched a presentation which was discussing injecting light, a disinfectant, into the body. There is some ambiguity about whether he was referring to light, or a different disinfectant that had been discussed prior. Either way, he never suggested people do it, only that it was an interesting possibility for research.

I really don’t think there’s any ambiguity at all, he talks about the use of UV light, then clearly moves into disinfectant as a separate point (‘and then I see the disinfectant’ clearly distinguishes it as a new separate point).

And regardless to be so careless with your words that you could be interpreted as suggesting that injecting disinfectant might be a possible Covid solution, when there are definitely people desperate and ill-informed enough to try that, is just unforgivably stupid. And that’s just one of the awful errors of judgement made by this ‘leader’.