Jump to content
270soft Forum

Alternate UK Election RP (Quick-shot) 1992-2024


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1. John Major attempts to put his shoes on in Southwest England. He begins to tie them in front of a crowd, hoping he doesn't trip over himself and fall face first into the curiously placed cream pie

Wait, what?

Neil Kinnock holds a rally in Coventry, attacking the Socialists, as radicals, whose only purpose is to split the left wing vote, and help ensure five more years of Tory government. (Also @Hestia11, w

Posted Images

Nigel Farage tours the East Midlands vigorously, promising to use the reserves created by the elimination of public debt to expand the British military and her operations abroad.

Nigel Farage will continue to call for the formation of a United Commonwealth union while campaigning in Southwest England.

UKIP will launch an ad campaign across the East Midlands focused on how devolution is the first step to the collapse of the UK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil Kinnock talks about Labour's plans for the environment at a rally in Essex

Labour releases an ad in Wales, attacking the Tories for their record on the Welsh economy

John Smith knocks on doors in Coventry talking about Labour's plans to defend the NHS

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Herbert Hoover said:

The Socialists talk taxes in Liverpool. 

The Socialists talk NHS in Northwest England. 

The Socialists go on a speaking tour in London. 

Liverpool: 5 - A decent day, but not altogether inspiring

NW England: 9. A great day for the Socialists to talk about health care and the NHS

London: 8. A good speaking tour, many show up to listen.

Overall: +6. 

7 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

John Major does the Hustle with some close family friends across the East Midlands

John Major starts a conversation about privatization with his family over some pot roast in London

John Major smiles for the first time in 5 months, his pearly whites grace Northwest England

East Midlands: 3. Many think his moves are a bit off and weird.

London: 1! His family is full of die-hard Labourites trending Socialists! OH NO!!

NW England: 6. People like to see him smile.

Overall: -7. Back to the drawing board

7 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

(Zoom is not working at the moment so I might as well do this) 

Paddy Ashdown goes to the city of Edinburgh where he meets with voters and tries to capitalize on momentum from the Scottish debate.
 

Paddy Ashdown holds a rally in Dover where he talks about constitutional reform.

"As a way to complement our proposed electoral reform the Liberal Democrats believe it is time to bring constitutional reform to the United Kingdom! At the core of it, it is time to adopt a UK Bill of Rights with the European Convention on Human Rights as the basis. We also need to create a British Supreme Court, an act to guarantee freedom of information, and action against all forms of discrimination. We can not call ourselves a truly free country unless we are able to guarantee freedom to everybody in the United Kingdom!

Paddy Ashdown travels over to do a tour in the Isle of Wright where he bashes the Conservatives for its failures in government.

 

Edinburgh: 3. A poor day in Scotland, which hampers the Scottish Lib Dems.

Dover: 1! A poor day in Dover where many like the current system.

Isle of Wight: 10! A great day for the Lib Dems in the area as they hope to counteract the momentum elsewhere.

Overall: -3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

SDLP campaigns on preserving the Environment and reducing pollution in the cities

SNP campaigns throughout rural Scotland, meeting voters and taking questions

Plaid holds a rally where the campaign talks about the need for Devolution

SDLP: 9. A good day for environment, especially in NI!

SNP: 9. The SNP continues to pick up steam.

Plaid: 3. Plaid begins to stall out.

Overall: +5. 

5 hours ago, The Blood said:

Nigel Farage tours the East Midlands vigorously, promising to use the reserves created by the elimination of public debt to expand the British military and her operations abroad.

Nigel Farage will continue to call for the formation of a United Commonwealth union while campaigning in Southwest England.

UKIP will launch an ad campaign across the East Midlands focused on how devolution is the first step to the collapse of the UK.

Farage: 4. A bit underwhelming as most are comfortable with the status quo.

Farage: 6. People continue to feel good about the idea.

East Midlands: 5. Some in England care, while the majority do not.

Overall: -2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Neil Kinnock talks about Labour's plans for the environment at a rally in Essex

Labour releases an ad in Wales, attacking the Tories for their record on the Welsh economy

John Smith knocks on doors in Coventry talking about Labour's plans to defend the NHS

Essex: 9. A great day for people to talk environment!

Wales: 4. Some scratch their heads, as Labour has done well in Wales for years.

Coventry: 4. Some view it as a weak commitment.

Overall: 0. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, buenoboss said:

Marshall Garcia has a rally in London

Marshall Garcia hits the pubs for a night on the town

Marshall Garcia does some random s*it in london

 

 

Rally: 1! Garcia is hit by a pie in the face!

Pubs: 10! Many think he's a man of the people!

Random crap: 1! Many do not approve!

Overall: -5. 

Simulated events (random regions for @Rodja)

Wales: 10. 

Yorkshire and the Humber: 2.

South East: 7. 

Overall: +3.

 

UUP: 2

DUP: 3

SF: 9

ALL: 1

Link to post
Share on other sites

SEAT PROJECTION: HUNG PARLIAMENT
TORIES SHORT 24

image.png.74989c2e8f7b0ab6e2a39195af57a956.png

UK POLLING PERCENTAGES

Conservative Party: 38.3% (-0.4%) @Reagan04

Labour: 33.9% (+0.1%) @WVProgressive

Liberal Democrats: 18.8% (0) @Cenzonico

SNP + Plaid: 2.2% (+0.1%) @TheLiberalKitten

Green Party: 2.1% (0) @Rodja

UKIP: 1.4% (0) @The Blood

Socialists: 0.8% (+0.1%) @Herbert Hoover

Change UK: 0.5% (0) @buenoboss

Undecided: 2.0% (+0.1%)

Northern Ireland Polling Percentages

UUP: 30.1% (-0.9%)  9 Seats (+1)

SDLP: 24.9% (+0.9%) 5 Seats (0)

DUP: 16.4% (-0.3%) 2 Seats (-1)

SF: 12.8% (+1.6%) 1 Seat (+1)

Alliance: 9.1% (-1.8%)

Undecided: 6.7% (+0.5%)

 

STORYLINES

1. With one week left in the campaigning, many are chattering about what the likely kingmaker Liberal Democrats will decide after the dust settles on election night.

2. Labour continues to eek upwards in seats - if they pass the Tories in seat count on election day, will they have more leverage going into coalition negotiations?

3. If the UUP, not the Lib Dems, is the kingmaker come election day, do they decide to go with Labour if Labour would rather team up with them rather than the Liberal Democrats?

4. Can John Major actually be PM?

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE FINAL TURN

1. I am going to be busy tomorrow, so don't expect a lot of prodding for turns. I may not be able to complete final turns until Saturday, when the election occurs, depending on how fast people respond. 

2. EVERYONE is invited to the last debate hosted by the Guardian. Please send a debate attack, pander, and message either through DM or on here to me. You will still do events as well. 

3. I'll do rolls and whatnot for the final turn when we figure out government and whatnot - remember that this will span years, so there will be actions while during government (even if they are a bit short ;) mostly framed upon election stuff). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1.Green Party holds get out the vote rally in London

2.Caroline Lucas and Mallen Barker appear together in 6m$ worth TV ad campaign explaining GP values and policies

3.Green Party volunteers knock doors throughout the country handing out party manifesto to voters

Link to post
Share on other sites

John Major dances his way through the streets of London as he is finally done being subject to their torture

John Major visits Northeast England to say "Cya suckas" after his abuse in the region

Finally, John Major retires to his estate in Southeast England where he tries to get his neighbors to vote for him as results come in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nigel Farage will campaign across Scotland urging voters to oppose the SNP.

Farage will campaign in the East Midlands on the paying off of the public debt.

Farage will hold an all night banger the night before the election in Southwest England. And don't worry, Nigel's parents are away on a trip, the house is all to themselves for the party.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Charles Kennedy does a last tour of Scotland to try and get some last minute support

 

Paddy Ashdown campaigns with volunteers in London to increase voter drive and some support for the Liberal Democrats

 

Paddy Ashdown holds a last rally in his home constituency of Yeovil

"As the election draws to the close our campaign have had its highs and lows. But how ever the result be, the Liberal Democrats will come out of this election stronger than the SDP/Liberal coalition ever have! From the stronghold of the South West to the friendly region of Scotland, we have grown at a rapid pace that will only continue to grow! I hope more of Britain will realize that the Liberal Democrats are the best choice for the United Kingdom for not only now but for beyond!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil holds a rally in Birmingham talking about the environment

John Smith talks about Labour's plan for the economy while at a rally in Liverpool

Ken Livingstone knocks on doors in London

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Taaffe, who has been largely missing from the Socialists campaigning in lieu of the two actual MPs defending seats, rallies in London where he promises to pass substantial budget increases for the NHS. 

The Socialists start up a Young Socialists group in Coventry, hoping to influence the youth of today to become Socialist voters of tomorrow. 

The Socialists run one final ad in Liverpool, where they promote their city council and mayoral candidate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DEBATE RESULTS

LIB DEMS SHINE, CHANGE UK SPUTTERS

LABOUR SURVIVES ATTACKS, TORIES NONEXISTENT IN MANCHESTER

(Did a simmed dice roll for bueno so we could keep going :)  (5-3-2))

The Liberal Democrats shone in the debate hosted in Manchester, England. They were on their game the whole time, bringing a solid attack against the Labour Party, while also touting key issues to the party well. Labour was regarded as a good finishing third place, who handled the brunt of the attacks of the night, which was hit or miss depending on who took them to task. UKIP's Nigel Farage shone bright, bringing a clear message to the debate, while hammering home that he was aiming to bring shy Tories into UKIP. The Socialists had a brilliant attack on Labour, which could help them in their Socialist-Labour battlegrounds. Otherwise, they mostly faded from view. The Tories were largely withdrawn from the conversation, with Major appearing bored at different points. The Greens and the Devolution Alliance were also largely withdrawn from the stage, and didn't make a big impression on voters. However, the Dev Alliance's attack on the Tories was very effective. Change UK struggled, and got hit with questions of legitimacy and questioned on if they could feasibly win a seat.

Standings

1. Lib Dems +9

2. UKIP +6

3. Labour +4

4. Socialists 0

5. Greens, Dev Alliance -2

7. Tories -4

8. Change UK -8

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rodja said:

1.Green Party holds get out the vote rally in London

2.Caroline Lucas and Mallen Barker appear together in 6m$ worth TV ad campaign explaining GP values and policies

3.Green Party volunteers knock doors throughout the country handing out party manifesto to voters

London: 9. A good turn out for the rally.

Ad: 1! The ad bombs, with 6 million going to waste.

Volunteers: 10! Many like what they read.

Overall: +4. 

4 hours ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

SDLP meets with voters and talks about the need for change in order to improve the situation in Northern Ireland

Plaid campaign holds a meet and greet in Cardiff,taking all sorts of various questions

SNP holds rally in Glasgow, talking about devolution

SDLP: 7. A good meeting with Hume.

Plaid: 9. A good meet and greet boosts hopes of taking a 5th seat.

SNP: 3. A bit of a downturn for the SNP.

Overall: +3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

John Major dances his way through the streets of London as he is finally done being subject to their torture

John Major visits Northeast England to say "Cya suckas" after his abuse in the region

Finally, John Major retires to his estate in Southeast England where he tries to get his neighbors to vote for him as results come in.

London: 3. London still dislikes him ferevntly.

NE England: 4. Many didn't realize he had shown up in the first place.

SE England: 10! Many in SE England are convinced!

Overall: 0. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Blood said:

Nigel Farage will campaign across Scotland urging voters to oppose the SNP.

Farage will campaign in the East Midlands on the paying off of the public debt.

Farage will hold an all night banger the night before the election in Southwest England. And don't worry, Nigel's parents are away on a trip, the house is all to themselves for the party.

Scotland: 3. Many wonder why he's even in Scotland.

East Midlands: 1! Many in the East Midlands don't listen to him at all, not showing up.

SW England: 5. Rumors are that his parents will be back early.

Overall: -9. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cenzonico said:

Charles Kennedy does a last tour of Scotland to try and get some last minute support

 

Paddy Ashdown campaigns with volunteers in London to increase voter drive and some support for the Liberal Democrats

 

Paddy Ashdown holds a last rally in his home constituency of Yeovil

"As the election draws to the close our campaign have had its highs and lows. But how ever the result be, the Liberal Democrats will come out of this election stronger than the SDP/Liberal coalition ever have! From the stronghold of the South West to the friendly region of Scotland, we have grown at a rapid pace that will only continue to grow! I hope more of Britain will realize that the Liberal Democrats are the best choice for the United Kingdom for not only now but for beyond!"

 

Scotland: 5. A decent turn out, but not great.

London: 3. London continues to dislike them.

Yeovil: 8. A decent time in a critical area.

Overall: -1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Neil holds a rally in Birmingham talking about the environment

John Smith talks about Labour's plan for the economy while at a rally in Liverpool

Ken Livingstone knocks on doors in London

Birmingham: 2. Many dislike Labour's plan about the environment.

Liverpool: 3. The local party continues to cede area to the Socialists.

London: 9. The city is rapidly becoming more Labour-friendly.

Overall: -3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...