270soft Forum

RNC Day 4 thread

It's amazing to watch the leader of the free world struggle to put a sentence together and pronounce single-syllable words.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's amazing to watch the leader of the free world struggle to put a sentence together and pronounce single-syllable words.

"And I say very modestly that I have done more for the African American community than any other President since Abraham Lincoln." Bitch wtf

I fully expect Giuliani to say "In 2001".

"We will end our resilience... for bad things....... we will go after China"

• Haha 1

Final thoughts on the speech:

Trump's speech was a run of the mill incumbent speech. His difficulty in be able to use a teleprompter well led to a sleepy, no charisma speech. I'm sure @admin_270will watch it, but I hope he watches it along with the Biden speech, a speech which was much better delivered and seemed less alien to the speaker. Trump must have been reading his speech for the first time. This speech is more likely to fail at converting voters than Biden's will, although I doubt few people swap candidates in this election, if they haven't already. 

Joe Biden managed to give the 2nd best speech of his convention, after Barack Obama. Trump's speech is probably like the 5th or 6th best of day 4 of the RNC, and there wasn't a single memorable speech on day 4. 

Trump's 2016 speech was passionate and bold, regardless of one disliked the content. This one is boring, and seems nothing like the work of a high profile entertainer or salesman. Part of me wonders if Trump is slowly ailing or something. He seems out of gas compared to how he used to be. He was even walking kind of gingering down the steps to the podium. He's holding on to the podium when struggling to read in a way that suggests he has difficulty standing for so long. Although he is old. 

I don't know how a speech can be this long and meandering while also being this scripted. Very low energy speech. I was almost expecting him to collapse. 

Overall, Trump is capable of bringing daggers out in a speech. Tonight, he accidentally grabbed plastic fruit knives. He spoke like he reflected his 42% approval rating. 

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I'm sure @admin_270will watch it, but I hope he watches it along with the Biden speech

Probably not, maybe some clips. One thing I would say is that the Republicans' target with this convention is not people like you (avowed Elizabeth Warren-Bernie Sanders progressive Professor). I'm sure your reactions to the various speeches are genuine, but how did blue-collar voters in WI respond to it? How did suburban Cuban-Americans in FL respond to it? And so on. We'll see what happens with the polls in the next week.

8 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar

"Tarzan was King of the Jungle and Lord over all the Apes,

But he could hardly string out the four words, "I Tarzan, you Jane,"

-The Crash Test Dummies, "The Superman Song,"

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don't know how a speech can be this long and meandering while also being this scripted. Very low energy speech. 

It’s simple.  He is abusive, ignorant, and embarrassing.  He publicly attacks his most competent employees, and has a history of not actually paying the people who work for him.

Nearly four years in, people who are good at their jobs just don’t want to work for him anymore.  Including good speech writers.

Would YOU want him as your boss?

• Upvote 1