RNC Day 4 thread

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's amazing to watch the leader of the free world struggle to put a sentence together and pronounce single-syllable words.

"And I say very modestly that I have done more for the African American community than any other President since Abraham Lincoln." Bitch wtf

I fully expect Giuliani to say "In 2001".

Kevin McCarthy is starting off what might be the only convention night with any effort for the RNC this year

Going back to McCarthy, I think he is the few people at the RNC to really bring up Covid. Their party is mainly trying to ignore it. 

The RNC has really been highlight diversity. There has never been more women, and African-American speakers at the RNC. This is probably the most redeeming part of this year's RNC. 

Predictably McConnell is listing the traditional GOP talking points, which isn't surprising. Pelosi did the same for Democrats. 

So far, RNC Day 4 is the only night that is looking like it has any effort in production, speakers, etc. They must be banking that more people would look at day 4 and not watch day 1 or 3, even though that's a lazy and risky move.

If I had no clue who Trump was, who Biden was, or anything about the parties or politics, I'd say that the RNC Day 4 is making their candidate and party seem likable and on top of things. All this means is that the RNC on Day 4 is catching up to what the DNC did Day 1, 2, 3, and 4. 

I somehow forgot Ben Carson existed. He's a lot grayer than he was when he ran for president. On the upside, he doesn't look like he's dozing off. 

NYC crime is not very high despite what Giuliani is saying. To his credit, he is correct about crime having been reduced during his tenure as mayor. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

NYC crime is not very high despite what Giuliani is saying. To his credit, he is correct about crime having been reduced during his tenure as mayor. 

Wrong. Homicide is up in NYC.

Very forgettable speech by Giuliani. Far less, aggressive than I'd expect from him too. 

I used to think Tom Cotton would be a future Republican president or nominee, but he's really gone far to the loony right since Trump won office. He's become more of a follower than a leader. 

The tone, messaging, and content has been solid for an RNC convention today, but there is yet to be a really good speech. 

Tom Cotton, Nikki Haley, and Mike Pompeo are probably the most underwhelming speakers of those that I thought would be good. The former two have given good speeches with passion, but they seemed to scripted and empty, perhaps because they haven't a captive audience. 

No masks or social distancing at the White House again. Not a great show of leadership in a pandemic. 

Ivanka almost became the first child of Trump to say something warm and personal about him. Still none have. She brought a photo up but didn't really elaborate.