Jump to content
270soft Forum

Does Biden genuinely not know that Trump has condemned white supremacists?


Does Biden genuinely not know that Trump has condemned white supremacists?  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Biden genuinely not know that Trump has condemned white supremacists?

    • Yes, Biden is that clueless.
    • No, Biden's intentionally stoking racial tension in the country.


Recommended Posts

Biden recently repeated a variation of the "Trump called white supremacists fine people" lie in an interview with Anderson Cooper. Does Biden genuinely not know that Trump has condemned white supremacists?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually agree that Biden is attempting to use this unrest to stoke racial tensions. 

The world will never return (thankfully) to the days of Black Panthers and people legitimately thinking there will be a race war but that doesn't mean that saying a sitting president is quite literally a neonazi is fine, it's disingenuous and its going to anger Republicans against pro-black movements. What a stupid thing to say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Biden recently repeated a variation of the "Trump called white supremacists fine people" lie in an interview with Anderson Cooper. Does Biden genuinely not know that Trump has condemned white supremacists?

 

Your ONLY two poll options rest upon the idea that all taking actually KNOW, for certain, Biden's full intentions and current awareness of everything Trump said (as made sense of out of Trump's endless, semi-coherent and mixed messages, self-aggrandizing, and for spewing false non-facts or partial facts and outright off the cuff, in public, and his very piecemeal way of applying such message - a la, condemning some and praising others, and pretending to blissfully ignorant others and other situations completely - Trump's message is as clear as mud and detritus of the swamp he was going to drain). This knowledge is Biden's motives and awareness are assumed of every poster to not not be fully known and understand, but is their is not option to show doubt, lack of knowledge, or even to say one's choice is an opinion or subjective viewpoint. VERY clumsy poll-making, there, @admin_270.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Patine said:

Your ONLY two poll options rest upon the idea that all taking actually KNOW, for certain, Biden's full intentions and current awareness of everything Trump said (as made sense of out of Trump's endless, semi-coherent and mixed messages, self-aggrandizing, and for spewing false non-facts or partial facts and outright off the cuff, in public, and his very piecemeal way of applying such message - a la, condemning some and praising others, and pretending to blissfully ignorant others and other situations completely - Trump's message is as clear as mud and detritus of the swamp he was going to drain). This knowledge is Biden's motives and awareness are assumed of every poster to not not be fully known and understand, but is their is not option to show doubt, lack of knowledge, or even to say one's choice is an opinion or subjective viewpoint. VERY clumsy poll-making, there, @admin_270.

I'm asking your best guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patine said:

Your ONLY two poll options rest upon the idea that all taking actually KNOW, for certain, Biden's full intentions and current awareness of everything Trump said (as made sense of out of Trump's endless, semi-coherent and mixed messages, self-aggrandizing, and for spewing false non-facts or partial facts and outright off the cuff, in public, and his very piecemeal way of applying such message - a la, condemning some and praising others, and pretending to blissfully ignorant others and other situations completely - Trump's message is as clear as mud and detritus of the swamp he was going to drain). This knowledge is Biden's motives and awareness are assumed of every poster to not not be fully known and understand, but is their is not option to show doubt, lack of knowledge, or even to say one's choice is an opinion or subjective viewpoint. VERY clumsy poll-making, there, @admin_270.

 

7 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I'm asking your best guess.

This is not a objective poll. Doesnt warrant a response when admin thinks this is so important compared to high profile issues (such as Trumps lack of response to the protests, and bad coronavirus numbers). It isnt even included in polls because no one honestly cares. Everyone knows what they believe Trump meant in his remarks, and this has been years ago. His odd fixation with this is very bizarre.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not taking the poll based on how the sentences are phrased. I think it is somewhere in the middle. I think he is unintentionally stoking division by not believing the sincerity of Trump's condemnation of white supremacists, which I think is a valid point based on Trump's occasional rhetoric. Its akin to when Trump had to apologize for the Access Hollywood tapes. Sure, he apologized, but did anyone believe he was apologetic? No. I remember watching it. He seemed angry that he had to apologize, and then spun it into an attack on the Clintons. It was also filmed in low quality film and bad lighting as opposed to his usual addresses. The whole thing made it seem like he didn't give a shirt, sort of like this year's RNC. I don't think his condemnation of white supremacists are sincere either. I think he's hesitant to upset the racist faction within his base, which certainly exists. If he was remotely as passionately angry against White Supremacists and White Nationalists as he was against urban protesters, then Biden wouldn't have a a case against Trump. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

 

This is not a objective poll. Doesnt warrant a response when admin thinks this is so important compared to high profile issues (such as Trumps lack of response to the protests, and bad coronavirus numbers). It isnt even included in polls because no one honestly cares. Everyone knows what they believe Trump meant in his remarks, and this has been years ago. His odd fixation with this is very bizarre.

Yeah, it's bad poll. It's like Sean Hannity made it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I agree, Biden's odd fixation with this is very bizarre. It more than that, it's damaging the country.

Mhmm. Sure...and as an American citizen I'm sure you're quite the expert on the subject?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It's like Sean Hannity made it.

Oh, go on ... 😊

Seriously though, Biden goes from 'genial but slightly out of it avuncular figure' to the thing he's supposed to be against, a demagogue using racial tensions to get elected when he does this. I don't like it because of what it says about Biden, and I don't like it because of how it affects the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin_270 said:

Only citizens get to have opinions about the country?

I'd prefer to not be told what's damaging to my own country. The fact that you think this is worse than what Trump has done is beyond belief. Do you think this seriously is impacting race relations or that anyone really cares about a technicality when in fact everyone has already entrenched themselves on both sides of that issue? Because if you do, you're deluding yourself. But sure, if Biden "genuinely doesn't know that Trump hasn't condemned white supremacists" is surely worse than Republicans crowing this whole week about how Democrats are going to wreck America and institute socialism. Give me a break. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On the note about Joe Biden being absolutely either senile or on his way there: once again, another gaffe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin_270 said:

If I were critiquing Trump, would you be saying the same thing?

Selective choosing of words, good job. Hypocrites tend to do that to avoid the crux of an argument.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hestia11 said:

Selective choosing of words, good job.

I take it that's a 'no'.

But to answer the rest of what you said, if what Biden's doing isn't a big deal, why not just say "You're right, Biden shouldn't be doing this." and then move on. Instead you attack the messenger.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin_270 said:

I take it that's a 'no'.

But to answer the rest of what you said, if what Biden's doing isn't a big deal, why not just say "You're right, Biden shouldn't be doing this." and then move on. Instead you attack the messenger.

So one side gets to blatantly lie and the other can't stretch words? People are going to attack each other on the campaign trail, and this is just one example of that. Politics is a dirty game, and maybe Biden is stretching the truth on this instance (Trump did condemn them), but the fact that Trump took so long to do so allows a sense of some truth in the statement, because it's believable. I'm attacking you because you seem to think one statement by Biden is worse than thousands of lies by Trump, which is a double standard. 

This is a direct quote from Kimberly Guilfoyle at the RNC , “They want to destroy this country, and everything we have fought for and hold as dear. … They want to control what you see and think and believe so that they can control how you live.”

I don't think Trump will be disavowing that statement...

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

stretching the truth

Come on! Just admit he's lying (or clueless), and move on!

If Trump makes a similar, demonstrably false and racially incendiary claim about Biden, I will happily condemn it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

The difference is that one made gaffe's his entire political personality and has so since he ran in 2016. The other has videos talking for 4 hours at a time not stuttering and then all of a sudden can't keep himself from saying the wrong thing, stuttering or needing time to collect his thoughts. Kamala Harris is president by 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Come on! Just admit he's lying (or clueless), and move on!

If Trump makes a similar, demonstrably false and racially incendiary claim about Biden, I will happily condemn it.

Racially incendiary? You're going off the rails. He knows exactly what he's doing. Prying into Trump's weaknesses and exploiting them - just as a political candidate will. He knows how to make Trump angry, and obviously it's working. 

Continuing to take bits and pieces of statements shows that you truly don't know how to respond to the rest of the statement (including about Guilfoyle and the obvious lies about the Democratic Party), or don't want to. Apparently Guilfoyle brazenly saying that Democrats want to "Big Brother" you is completely fine in the realm of politics. At the Republican National Convention.

Just now, wolves said:

The difference is that one made gaffe's his entire political personality and has so since he ran in 2016. The other has videos talking for 4 hours at a time not stuttering and then all of a sudden can't keep himself from saying the wrong thing, stuttering or needing time to collect his thoughts. Kamala Harris is president by 2022.

Okay attacking a stutter is wrong. My hands shake sometimes and sometimes they don't, it depends on the circumstance. The two things are very similar, especially if Biden has practiced at it his whole life. Gaffes...wonder who's remembered for those? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Okay attacking a stutter is wrong. My hands shake sometimes and sometimes they don't, it depends on the circumstance. The two things are very similar, especially if Biden has practiced at it his whole life. Gaffes...wonder who's remembered for those? 

Difference is that he never had it until this year. Now he's trying to normalize it like that video of the kid at the DNC "Oh Joe Biden made me realize having a stutter is okay", Joe Biden has a decade worth of videos of him talking at length for hours at a time not stuttering, now all of a sudden he is stuttering. He needs to draw a clock on TV. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wolves said:

Difference is that he never had it until this year. Now he's trying to normalize it like that video of the kid at the DNC "Oh Joe Biden made me realize having a stutter is okay", Joe Biden has a decade worth of videos of him talking at length for hours at a time not stuttering, now all of a sudden he is stuttering. He needs to draw a clock on TV. 

https://indyweek.com/news/elections/called-b-biden/

Do you really think that he'd make up something like that? Seriously? Stuttering isn't usually a good thing to be associated with you, and like many other things, it worsens as you get older. He isn't stuttering that bad on television that I've seen, and I watched all the debates fully. I suspect if he's expected to ad lib, or come up with something on the fly, it's worse because he hasn't had time to prepare. Saying he "never had it until this year" is false. And "normalize it"? What do you mean? Normalizing stuttering should be a good thing, it's a condition that people suffer from. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hestia11 said:

https://indyweek.com/news/elections/called-b-biden/

Do you really think that he'd make up something like that? Seriously? Stuttering isn't usually a good thing to be associated with you, and like many other things, it worsens as you get older. He isn't stuttering that bad on television that I've seen, and I watched all the debates fully. I suspect if he's expected to ad lib, or come up with something on the fly, it's worse because he hasn't had time to prepare. Saying he "never had it until this year" is false. And "normalize it"? What do you mean? Normalizing stuttering should be a good thing, it's a condition that people suffer from. 

Yes he would make it up lol, cause he made up meeting Nelson Mandela when he walked out of prison, he said he taught at Penn, said he visited Afghanistan to honor a dead Naval officer who rappelled down a ravine to retrieve the body of another soldier, said he was ARRESTED in South Africa for trying to see Nelson Mandela, said this several times, lied about his vote on the invasion of Iraq, plagiarized British labour leader Neil Kinnock, lied about anti-segregationist activity when he was on the wrong side of history during the civil rights era.

So why wouldn't he lie about a stutter? He lied about honoring dead soldiers, he lied about seeing Nelson Mandela, he lied about not being racist above all things. Why would the track record show that Biden isn't a liar here? You can provide whatever anecdotal articles you want, there's a three hour debate from 2012 and another from 2008 showing him not stutter once. There's countless interviews from both presidential runs, countless rallies, that he attended and didn't stutter once. These are all situations in 2020 when he turned into a mess, stuttering, lying, not knowing what he was running for, not knowing what was going on, forgetting things like the word "constitution", forgetting he was running for PRESIDENT, LOL. 

Once again, Kamala Harris, president by 2022.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wolves said:

Yes he would make it up lol, cause he made up meeting Nelson Mandela when he walked out of prison, he said he taught at Penn, said he visited Afghanistan to honor a dead Naval officer who rappelled down a ravine to retrieve the body of another soldier, said he was ARRESTED in South Africa for trying to see Nelson Mandela, said this several times, lied about his vote on the invasion of Iraq, plagiarized British labour leader Neil Kinnock, lied about anti-segregationist activity when he was on the wrong side of history during the civil rights era.

So why wouldn't he lie about a stutter? He lied about honoring dead soldiers, he lied about seeing Nelson Mandela, he lied about not being racist above all things. Why would the track record show that Biden isn't a liar here? You can provide whatever anecdotal articles you want, there's a three hour debate from 2012 and another from 2008 showing him not stutter once. There's countless interviews from both presidential runs, countless rallies, that he attended and didn't stutter once. These are all situations in 2020 when he turned into a mess, stuttering, lying, not knowing what he was running for, not knowing what was going on, forgetting things like the word "constitution", forgetting he was running for PRESIDENT, LOL. 

Once again, Kamala Harris, president by 2022.

And how many hours did he prepare for the debates? Many, more than likely. 

I'm not saying that he's by any means flawless, but lying about a stutter seems like not much to gain in any way. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...