270soft Forum

Hey everyone. So awhile back I went looking for some state maps and found several, but a lot of them seemed to not entirely conform with the style of the presidential election maps, and several were missing even. At the time I didn't know how to make them in this style so I made some (very bad) ones that I kept to myself. Well, the other night I finally figured out a way to make them in pretty much the same style. Credit goes to the original creator of the game for the background map (I assume), and for whoever made the state county maps on Wikipedia. And Inkscape for being the tool I used to make all of these :D

Some of these may not be entirely up to par, but I figured this would at least be a good starting place for all of them to be the same style (I even redid ones such as Kentucky and West Virginia so it could all conform nicely). Additionally, some states (like California and Virginia) have small places that others may prefer to have as small dots away from the map, like DC in the main game, but in lieu of doing that I just made the map as big as I could.

Apologies if something like this has been done since I last checked, thus rendering this project pretty pointless. I just got the urge to do this the other night and thought, hey, why not share it!

Anyways, enjoy everybody :)

Maps.zip

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Awesome!

Thanks! Hope they're up to par with the main map. If you want, you can make a blog post on the site so folks can see them on the main page. I'd do it myself but I've never done a post on the main site before so I don't know how to upload the files there.