270soft Forum

I wanted to wait a while to see what interest there was in the low-effort RP idea I described here, but considering the lack of activity there I am going to just post the candidates for people to choose from, polling, an introduction, and the basic rules of the RP to see if I can get the ball rolling on this.

Rules: As I stated in the first post about this RP, the event requirements for each candidate are low-effort. By that, I mean that events are not graded by effort put in, but by a D10 dice roll by me, and it is my recommendation that all events are as short as one or two lines. Each candidate will need 3 events a turn, with each turn taking one day(12 AM-12 AM EST) barring a lack of posting by candidates. Endorsements will not exist in a conventional form, as most will not be allowed, except for one special endorser a certain few candidates can attempt to grab after Nevada. Meanwhile, I ask that all events be posted with specificity as to what type of event(Rally, townhall, ect.), and as to whether the event was held in urban or rural areas(This helps me calculate Caucus results). Other than that, I will not ask for any other specific requirements for events.

Introduction: The date is February 12th, the morning after the New Hampshire Primary. The Primary saw the strong over-performance of Amy Klobuchar, as she went from an expected 13-15% performance to that of 19.7% in the final results, kissing 20% and severely damaging both Warren and Biden in her surge. However, despite her over-performance, whether or not her momentum can translate nationally is a big "if", and her campaign has been deprived of needed support from moderates in the crowded field. Meanwhile, as for the candidates Klobuchar weakened on her way to victory, both Warren and Biden suffered deep disappointment in the Primary. Biden, the longtime frontrunner in the race, suffered an even worse defeat than he did in Iowa, and as Mike Bloomberg surges nationally and looms as Super Tuesday nears, Biden is currently faced with a possible fight for both his current 2nd place position nationally and his campaign's survival as Nevada and South Carolina, though both favorable terrain for his campaign, near. As for Warren, her campaign, surviving coming out of Iowa with a third place finish, was dealt a serious blow in a state Warren once had high prospects in, a blow some speculate she will not recover from as she slides into fourth nationally. Meanwhile, as for Buttigieg and Sanders, the second and first place finishers in New Hampshire respectively, the possible futures for their campaigns look radically different. Sanders, riding a wave of left wing and populist momentum has taken the lead nationally, and despite the surprisingly close margin between him and Buttigieg in New Hampshire, is looking to success as Nevada nears and towards a plurality of delegates at the DNC, though the fact that it would likely be a plurality has put fear into the hearts of those seeking to avoid a contested convention. As for Buttigieg, his campaign, despite bringing him to a surprisingly close margin in New Hampshire, looks to a rough road ahead. Having devoted so much to Iowa only for delayed results to weaken his momentum, and now having failed to win New Hampshire, Buttigieg may need a strong 2nd in Nevada and the promise of a contested convention to give his campaign strength as the Primary Season moves forward. Meanwhile, while Buttigieg only surged to around 10% nationally, in his place coming out of Iowa was a surger who wasn't even contesting the Caucus. Mike Bloomberg, with his billions, looms on Super Tuesday as he has spent hundreds of millions on ad campaigns and on one of the most ruthlessly effective campaign structures in the race, both in the hopes to become the main challenger to Sanders on Super Tuesday in replacement of Biden. Meanwhile, as for minor candidates, Tom Steyer has flooded both Nevada and South Carolina with ads in the hopes of performing well in the two states, and is polling extremely well for his status in the race in these two states, and Tulsi Gabbard does not matter.

FiveThirtyEight Polling Average/Candidates(Polls do not take into account the New Hampshire Primary results):

Bernie Sanders: 22.4% @WVProgressive

Joseph Biden: 20.1% @buenoboss

Michael Bloomberg: 13.1% @The Blood

Elizabeth Warren: 12.9% @Rodja

Pete Buttigieg: 9.6% @ALiteralNeoliberal

Amy Klobuchar: 4.3% @Hestia11

Tom Steyer: 1.9% @Herbert Hoover

Tulsi Gabbard: 1.6% @Cenzonico

I will post Nevada and South Carolina polls after we have a full player-base You may choose from among these candidates, and the first turn will start when all are chosen. The turn will last in-RP from the 12th of February until February 19th.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Because this is a major event I want to make a roll to determine how it will go.):  Announcement Roll: 10! The shock from the media is abundant, however this shock quickly turns into praise as c

Tom Steyer parties hard in California this cycle, spending his first action of the term in California discussing his progressive plans for healthcare reform and pledging to bring Universal Healthcare,

Added. We now have a full cast, and I will post Nevada and South Carolina polling in a moment, and after that the first turn will begin.(Reminder, these polls do not yet take into account the New Hamp

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Herbert Hoover said:

If it’s fine, I’d like to take Steyer. If not I’ll just take Biden. 

I reserved the two just in case of a shortage, but looking at the numbers, we may be in luck. Added.

3 minutes ago, buenoboss said:

Could I change to Biden maybe? I just want to know if I could. @The Blood

You could, and in that case I would take Bloomberg to ensure a full cast, at which point we may begin.

2 minutes ago, buenoboss said:

Ok. I'll take Slow Joe then. @The Blood

Added. We now have a full cast, and I will post Nevada and South Carolina polling in a moment, and after that the first turn will begin.(Reminder, these polls do not yet take into account the New Hampshire results, as this turn is starting the day after the Primary.)

• Haha 1

@WVProgressive @buenoboss @The Blood @Rodja @ALiteralNeoliberal @Hestia11 @Herbert Hoover @Cenzonico

We now have a full cast of candidates! I have already posted the rules, introduction, and national polling, and you can see those at the top of this topic. The first turn will last until tonight at 12 AM EST, assuming everyone has posted their events. Reminder to keep events simple, fun, realistic, and low-effort. The Nevada debate will not be like any other debates on this forum, and will begin after I post polling updates for the next turn. The first turn will last from February 12th to the 19th in the RP. With that, let the games begin.

FiveThirtyEight Nevada Polling Average(Does not take into account New Hampshire results, and polling will radically change between now and the next turn in these two states): 

Sanders: 23.7%

Biden: 18.5%

Warren: 12.1%

Buttigieg: 8.7%

Steyer: 6.3%

Klobuchar: 3.9%

Gabbard: 1.3%

FiveThirtyEight South Carolina Polling Average:

Biden: 27.7%

Sanders: 17.0%

Steyer: 10.0%

Warren: 7.9%

Buttigieg: 6.6%

Klobuchar: 2.9%

Gabbard: 1.8%

Tulsi Gabbard holds a rally in Las Vegas, Nevada about Climate Change. 

Tulsi Gabbard barnstorms the rural areas of Nevada to try and connect with voters from all over the political spectrum. 

The Tulsi Campaign puts ads on the internet to increase name recognition. (targeting Nevada)

Biden Rally in Urban South Carolina

"No one in this primary field has done as much as I have for Black Americans. I helped Obama, the first Black president, get elected! Sanders, Bloomberg, Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, all of them haven't done as much as I have for Black Americans! It's possible someone like Bloomberg has set them back with his racist stop-and-frisk!".

Biden Town Hall in Rural South Carolina

"You are full of sh*t man. You are not a true man. You are just a dog-faced lying pony solider!"

Biden Rally in Urban Nevada

"If you want to bring back the greatness of the Obama era, vote Biden for President and text 30330 to donate to my campaign."

2 minutes ago, buenoboss said:

Biden Town Hall in Rural Nevada

"You are full of sh*t man. You are not a true man. You are just a dog-faced lying pony solider!"

Picardía Faces | Surreal Memes Wiki | Fandom

4 minutes ago, buenoboss said:

Biden Town Hall in Rural Nevada

"I will always protect Social Security as President. No Social Security benefits will be cut when I am President!"

"No one in this primary field has done as much as I have for Black Americans. I helped Obama, the first Black president, get elected! Sanders, Bloomberg, Warren, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, all of them haven't done as much as I have for Black Americans! It's possible someone like Bloomberg has set them back with his racist stop-and-frisk!"

Biden Town Hall in Urban Nevada

"I will treat Latinos and Latinas with respect as President, which is something Trump has failed at."

Biden Town Hall in Rural South Carolina

"If you want to bring back the greatness of the Obama era, vote Biden for President and text 30330 to donate to my campaign."

You can have 3 events a turn.