270soft Forum

RNC Day 3 Thread

@Reagan04 and the others. 

Sad news. I'm not going to watch it, but I'll read your comments. The RNC is putting zero effort in their convention. The speaker list is bland, especially for tonight. They've also been getting fact-checked to hell. This will be the first RNC night I won't have watched live since 2008. I've watched all televised and recorded RNCs and DNCs. 

It's just easily the least prepared, least effort, least significant Convention in American history, although significant in its insignificance. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the death of Conventions. 

I'll stick to highlights in the unlikely event a speech is good tonight. 

@vcczar More on the newly inaugurated citizens from last night. They were literally paraded around for political theater like animals and given no choice as to whether or not they wanted to appear in support of the President. They weren't even told until minutes beforehand that he would be present, let alone that he'd be doing it for the RNC.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

@vcczar More on the newly inaugurated citizens from last night. They were literally paraded around for political theater like animals and given no choice as to whether or not they wanted to appear in support of the President. They weren't even told until minutes beforehand that he would be present, let alone that he'd be doing it for the RNC.

I wish we had a wow emoji. That is awful and unethical!

Just now, vcczar said:

I wish we had a wow emoji. That is awful and unethical!

I run the risk of summoning the wrath of Patine. But even he might agree that forcing someone to make a vow of loyalty and show of support to the incumbent President's re-election bid to become a citizen is one of those offenses that we can all agree is Un-American.

@Patine What do we think? Can we let that one slide for how egregious and counter to a free society it is?

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I run the risk of summoning the wrath of Patine. But even he might agree that forcing someone to make a vow of loyalty and show of support to the incumbent President's re-election bid to become a citizen is one of those offenses that we can all agree is Un-American.

@Patine What do we think? Can we let that one slide for how egregious and counter to a free society it is?

It's downright Feudal and Monarchial, @Reagan04, and should be disallowed completely. Then again, the Impeachment Process for high ranking Federal Officials for any crime they commit in office, and the Presidential and Gubernatorial Pardon, which are practically carbon copies of a British Noble being only able to be tried before their Peers in the House of Lords and being utterly above the Competences of the Common Courts, and Royal Perogotive of Mercy, respectively, are also Feudal and Monarchial leftovers with no place at all in a Republic, and should be gotten rid of along with the legality of this Vassalage Ceremony.

I love how the RNC is so poorly put together and uninteresting that no one has actually commented on the speakers for the first thirty minutes so far.

• Haha 1

I'm just enjoying how they're playing up the suffragettes after having a 19th amendment opponent speak yesterday.

• Haha 1

This is so dry and lacking in policy and vision

Oh shit here comes the local "crazy a shithouse rat" Kellyanne Conway trying to rewrite Trump's blatant sexism.

Interesting contrast. Nun at the RNC: In full habit. Nun at the DNC: In street clothes.

5 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

This is so dry and lacking in policy and vision

Even an old Mussolini rally would at least have more personality and entertainment value... :P

"Even supporting the whores of late term abortion and infanticide"

This woman is such a terrible choice for the Pro-Life cause. She literally held up a rosary. Apparently they're not familiar with "get your rosaries off my ovaries"

We need to divorce the Pro-Life cause from religion and embrace the science its founded in. I appreciate that she referenced being a physician, but standing there with a rosary in hand in full habit is not a good idea.

• Upvote 2

Apparently, Madison Cawthorn who is speaking tonight has had a lot of sexual assault allegations against him, none of which he's denied. I guess he gets points for not lying? 

Madison Cawthorn also apparently said, at the RNC tonight, that James Madison signed the Declaration of Independence. 

17 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Madison Cawthorn also apparently said, at the RNC tonight, that James Madison signed the Declaration of Independence. 

I’m sure most Americans don’t know he didn’t.

40 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Apparently, Madison Cawthorn who is speaking tonight has had a lot of sexual assault allegations against him, none of which he's denied. I guess he gets points for not lying? 

Well, to be fair, in due process (which I believe everyone deserves), if it is still at the level of allegation, that status does not LEGALLY and PROPERLY change until a conviction is made in court, the accused confesses, the accuser admits to lying or otherwise misinforming, or new evidence proves the allegation blatantly impossible before any trial. Legally, an allegation is not a change, at all, in one's status of criminal conviction or correctional level effective lifestyle limitations - or at least it should never be considered such. Even be being fired unilaterally and arbitrarily just on allegation alone for such crimes should be the violation of labour law and grounds for a law suit by the employee on the employer for such an action. I say this because I believe in due process and justice, NOT to protect ACTUAL sex offenders who are proven and convicted to be so, to be clear.

2 hours ago, The Blood said:

I love how the RNC is so poorly put together and uninteresting that no one has actually commented on the speakers for the first thirty minutes so far.

Yeah I agree but the only thing that matters is polls. Specifically AZ,FL,GA,NC,MN,OH,MI,WI. How have Republicans been doing in those lately?