• Upvote 1
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we all block him he'll just be shouting into a responseless void

@Hestia11 @admin_270 I don't mind the personal attack as I am only 18 years old and have never been married. I think his insult was in preference to my Reagan profile pic, who has been divorced l

lol

Posted Images

Final thought:

• Day 2 was better than Day 1 because the tone was better.
  • However, it was much more boring. Mediocre and uninteresting speakers and speeches.
  • Few people of note appeared.
  • Daniel Cameron was the best speaker but nothing memorable was said. 
  • Trump had three kids and his wife speak and none of them gave a warm, personal account of him. Wasted opportunity.
  • Pence's segment was good, but it would have been better for Trump to have done that. Wasted opportunity. 
  • The naturalization segment at the White House involving Trump may have been a violation. 
  • Overall, like day 1, RNC day 2 lacked effort, preparation, and it likely won't have any impact on the polls. 
9 minutes ago, billay said:

Says the guy who's wife divorced him.

Too far. This kind of response is sick. @admin_270 should be watching these kinds of posts. 
Personal attacks should not be lobbed on the forum when it is intended to be a polite political discussion.

9 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Too far. This kind of response is sick. @admin_270 should be watching these kinds of posts. 
Personal attacks should not be lobbed on the forum when it is intended to be a polite political discussion.

Anyone who wants to can ignore Billay. No need for personal attacks either way.

8 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

His original post wasnt polite. Most of the responses to disagreements havent been kind. Then for about the third time you've come in picked the side you agreed with and tried to get the side you've disagreed banned.

Just now, billay said:

His original post wasnt polite. Most of the responses to disagreements havent been kind. Then for about the third time you've come in picked the side you agreed with and tried to get the side you've disagreed banned.

Neither side should be giving these arguments, but to say something about a divorced wife is significantly more incendiary. 

2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

If @ThePotatoWalrus finds this to be an incendiary response, he's welcome to contact me. Both sides should stop it with the attacks.

And what are you going to do to enforce this? Because it surely hasnt stopped. Repeated behavior is a pattern. General chat is becoming so outlandish that I hardly bother to venture thete other than to see polling updates.

Just now, Hestia11 said:

And what are you going to do to enforce this? Because it surely hasnt stopped. Repeated behavior is a pattern. General chat is becoming so outlandish that I hardly bother to venture thete other than to see polling updates.

This is why political topics were largely banned on the forum before. It goes with the territory, especially as an election nears. If there's a clear cut case where someone is acting like an unprovoked dork, that person will be warned. Often, there's no clear cut case, with gradual tit-for-tat's.

Again, if you don't like someone and don't think they're worth engaging, set them to ignore on your settings. Otherwise, treat people how you'd like to be treated.

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Were moving on come and join us. Thoughts on night 2?

Just now, billay said:

Were moving on come and join us. Thoughts on night 2?

Melania had a pretty good speech. Best of the Trumps in my mind thus far.

6 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Melania had a pretty good speech.

I think if Melania was the First Lady of any other President, the media would fawn over her and constantly be complimenting her. Instead, there's at best a cold indifference or insinuations her marriage is on the rocks.

IMO she's a clear blessing (whatever you think of Pres. Trump).

• Upvote 1
Just now, admin_270 said:

I think if Melania was the First Lady of any other President, the media would fawn over her and constantly be complimenting her. Instead, there's at best a cold indifference or insinuations her marriage is on the rocks.

IMO she's a clear blessing (whatever you think of Pres. Trump).

I get it. The "I dont care do u" jacket was pretty bad optics at the least. But she is undeniably intelligent - learning multiple foreign languages is a mammoth undertaking. The left needs to stop believing she should be some "resistence hero" because she won't be. Period. There are ways to critique her, but when someone makes a good speech (particularly in a non-native language!) You have to give it to them. 

• Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Saw a clip of this. Biden deserves it after his egregious 'you ain't black' comment, which he has since said he regretted making.

Of course, Daniel Cameron is an unfortunate selection to make this point given that he is the Attorney General that refuses to prosecute Breonna Taylor’s murderers.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Saw a clip of this. Biden deserves it after his egregious 'you ain't black' comment, which he has since said he regretted making.

I do agree Biden deserves flack for saying that. He has a lot verbal gaffes, always has. He's a talker more of a thinker, which is something both he and Trump have in common. They both speak-think outloud. 

I'm really curious what your response to the Biden speech will be. It's probably more important of a speech than these GOP speeches you've listened to so far, mainly because it is a nominee speech that was highly crafted since it's expected to be the prime DNC speech. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Hestia11 said:

So that's the response? Wow. 

I don't recall that response when I was trying to pressure him a year or so ago to get him to spill the real reason he so admired Trump and had such a strong bias in his own Administrator discussions for him, and fawned over him as President, but could not say what what so coherently why he was such a President or how his policies were so good, and annoyed many posters when, when he pressed him firmly and repeatedly on the issue one night, he still had no coherent answers but eventually called me a "gadfly," and BANNED ME FOR THREE DAYS (Mussolini invoking the State Censor?). But, this @billay guy, whose an attrocious Hellbug, with conduct utterly unacceptable in any decently-moderated forum, gets the the response from Anthony you were quoting. Yes, that is a highly and blatantly irresponsible, as well, given different applications in moderation to different people based on the subject and support, moreso than the tenor and presentation of such posts, a definite bias in moderation, as I said.

• Upvote 1