270soft Forum

Will Joe Biden debate?

I feel like one of the Trump camp's last hopes is for Biden to make a serious gaffe on live TV in front of millions (I'd say about 140 million easy, 60 more than Trump Clinton), this, along with Bidens lead, might make losing a point or two from backing out of a debate worth it for him, as he could easily blame it on a busy schedule or the COVID-19. Personally I don't think he'll do one live debate, much less two or three. I think instead they'll probably do like three prerecorded town halls on a different media outlet each time.

Thoughts?

I expect and demand 3 debates and 1 VP debate. No more, no less.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Of course he will.  

The real question is: Will Trump debate?  He refused to participate in one of the 2016 Primary debates because he wasn't being "treated fairly."

Cry me a river.  You pretended to have evidence that Obama was born overseas for YEARS.  Was that "fair?"  

Actually, military service in Hawaii counts as overseas. 

AR 614-30 (Overseas Service):

Overseas:

Any area of the world other than the CONUS (see definition of CONUS). Sometimes referred to as outside CONUS, that is, OCONUS.

Continental United States (CONUS):

The contiguous 48 states and the District of Columbia

According to the regulations you are authorized an Overseas Service Ribbon for pulling a tour in Hawaii or Alaska.

11 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Personally I don't think he'll do one live debate, much less two or three. I think instead they'll probably do like three prerecorded town halls on a different media outlet each time.

That's an interesting possibility. My guess is they'll do at least 1 good ol' fashioned debate.

11 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I feel like one of the Trump camp's last hopes is for Biden to make a serious gaffe on live TV in front of millions

Certainly would help! Because of limited campaigning, the opportunity for gaffes from Biden is significantly reduced, so outside of interviews this would probably be the major opportunity.

• Upvote 1

We should expect a regular three debate and one VP debate as usual. If the candidates want to do something else due to Covid, so be it.

26 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Actually, military service in Hawaii counts as overseas. 

AR 614-30 (Overseas Service):

Overseas:

Any area of the world other than the CONUS (see definition of CONUS). Sometimes referred to as outside CONUS, that is, OCONUS.

Continental United States (CONUS):

The contiguous 48 states and the District of Columbia

According to the regulations you are authorized an Overseas Service Ribbon for pulling a tour in Hawaii or Alaska.

I assume you're posting this as a joke.

7 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I know -- I was in the military.  But that's not what Donald Trump was talking about.

Trump repeatedly called for Obama to release his birth certificate to prove he was born in the U.S. Obama eventually did.

17 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Never!

I don't believe, since the Fall of Ancient Sparta, infants are viewed as "military service people," just because a parent is. That's where your argument breaks down, basically. He was born to a natural born citizen mother in Hawaii, which may be overseas service for her, but he was born a civilian in a U.S. State, which makes him a natural born U.S. citizen.

Just now, Patine said:

I don't believe, since the Fall of Ancient Sparta, infants are viewed as "military service people," just because a parent is. That's where your argument breaks down, basically. He was born to a natural born citizen mother in Hawaii, which may be overseas service for her, but he was born a civilian in a U.S. State, which makes him a natural born U.S. citizen.

Are you trying to stir up questions about Obama's eligibility to have been President by playing on xenophobic, Islamophic, and racist sentiments among grass-roots Republican voters, in order to build support for a Presidential run yourself?

If so, I want to see your birth certificate, to prove you weren't born in Canada to Canadian parents!!!!11111oneone

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Are you trying to stir up questions about Obama's eligibility to have been President by playing on xenophobic, Islamophic, and racist sentiments among grass-roots Republican voters, in order to build support for a Presidential run yourself?

If so, I want to see your birth certificate, to prove you weren't born in Canada to Canadian parents!!!!11111oneone

I said completely the opposite of that, Governor Winthrop!

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Patine said:

The whole argument @admin_270 was making...jokingly, I hope...doesn't hold up in the slightest.  Why would Trump be trying to prove Obama was born in Hawaii, when Obama himself says he was born in Hawaii.  "I can prove Obama was born in Hawaii, and I even have a thousand videos and also a couple of books he wrote himself where he ADMITS IT!"  ;c)

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

The whole argument @admin_270 was making...jokingly, I hope...doesn't hold up in the slightest.  Why would Trump be trying to prove Obama was born in Hawaii, when Obama himself says he was born in Hawaii.  "I can prove Obama was born in Hawaii, and I even have a thousand videos and also a couple of books he wrote himself where he ADMITS IT!"  ;c)

As everyone knows, Hawaii's annexation by the U.S. was illegal. It is not actually a part of the U.S.! Hence the U.S. military designation.