270soft Forum

DNC Night 4 (Final Night) Thread

17 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

I see a lot of Eastman ads. Just over the river!

I see a lot of Greenfield ads here! Also see negative ads about her too though. Iowa's senate race is a lot closer than the senate race here. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS FLY WILL NOT LEAVE BLOOMBERG ALONE

I guess it makes sense though, flies are normally attracted to bullshit

I was an avid Yang supporter, and after Yang a Bernie supporter. And, after Biden was clearly the nominee, I was seriously considering third party candidates. It was only until I began to accept that

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I could see that too. I do think the top of the ticket and the rep will be from opposite parties regardless. And Sasse will cruise to re-election for his senate seat.

Do you like Little Kings?

4 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

I see a lot of Greenfield ads here! Also see negative ads about her too though. Iowa's senate race is a lot closer than the senate race here. 

That is true. NE-02 and Iowa Senate! 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

My dad does. I haven't had it in a good bit myself but it's alright yeah. I prefer Runza when it comes to Nebraska fast food joints. 

Little Kings is the best chain sub I've ever had. We had 1 Runza down here but didnt last long.

Go Big Red!

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, billay said:

Little Kings is the best chain sub I've ever had. We had 1 Runza down here but didnt last long.

Go Big Red!

They're quality agreed.

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

🤢 lol

Hahahahah I grew up a Colorado fan. I miss the Big 12 of old :(

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Sen. Chris Coons, the man who succeeded Biden's Senate seat.

If the GOP had not put up someone like Christine O'Donnell, the seat would most likely be held by Mike Castle (or a successor, if he had chosen not to run for re-election).

5 hours ago, SilentLiberty said:

I may be voting 3rd party, and I may have my concerns about Harris but I'd feel much better about a Biden win on election night than I'd have felt about a Clinton win in 2016. 

Part of me agrees here. However, I have to give you an insight here. In the early campaign of 2016 I really hoped for Biden to run eventually, because I thought ''if the GOP loses, there will be at least a likeable president in the WH.'' Clinton's far from likeable for me. My problem with Biden arose when videos popped up of him sniffing the hair of young girls while also making them feel visibly uncomfortable by groping them. No one actually could tell me yet if these videos are fake or not?!

If true it's really worrisome for me, because the videos expose that Biden is the same kind of politician I can't stand. Can men in power not keep their hands back? I thought for a long time Biden has integrity, while people like Trump do not but I don't believe this anymore. The Tara Reade allegations finished him entirely for me, because if true it shows again he's just another one of those people I find detestabel. If someone claims to have the moral high ground, he should at least have it otherwise you are not better than Trump or Harvey Weinstein. The difference is these people never claimed to be so much better than the rest of us. That's like Harris saying ''I believe her", attacking Kavanaugh heavily and slamming Biden for working with racists but now praising him, like I saw him years ago. Very trustworthy... like courting Tom Carper as Democratic Senator and inviting him to the Dem Convention, although Democrats and their supporters are always trying to be so emphatic towards women's issues which is actually good. Carper had very serious allegations of beating his wife, so if I were female I wouldn't see any reason to trust Democrats more than Republicans on women's issues actually.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Part of me agrees here. However, I have to give you an insight here. In the early campaign of 2016 I really hoped for Biden to run eventually, because I thought ''if the GOP loses, there will be at least a likeable president in the WH.'' Clinton's far from likeable for me. My problem with Biden arose when videos popped up of him sniffing the hair of young girls while also making them feel visibly uncomfortable by groping them. No one actually could tell me yet if these videos are fake or not?!

If true it's really worrisome for me, because the videos expose that Biden is the same kind of politician I can't stand. Can men in power not keep their hands back? I thought for a long time Biden has integrity, while people like Trump do not but I don't believe this anymore. The Tara Reade allegations finished him entirely for me, because if true it shows again he's just another one of those people I find detestabel. If someone claims to have the moral high ground, he should at least have it otherwise you are not better than Trump or Harvey Weinstein. The difference is these people never claimed to be so much better than the rest of us. That's like Harris saying ''I believe her", attacking Kavanaugh heavily and slamming Biden for working with racists but now praising him, like I saw him years ago. Very trustworthy... like courting Tom Carper as Democratic Senator and inviting him to the Dem Convention, although Democrats and their supporters are always trying to be so emphatic towards women's issues which is actually good. Carper had very serious allegations of beating his wife, so if I were female I wouldn't see any reason to trust Democrats more than Republicans on women's issues actually.

I also have my concerns about this very thing. It's curious how come no one is bringing up Biden's touchy feely habits and by no one I mean mainstream media. I imagine if it is a "real" issue, as in one people care about(and they should) it'll be brought up more and pressing.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

If the Tara Reade allegation finished Biden for you entirely, why doesn't multiple allegations against Trump or Kavanaugh not finish them with you entirely?

29 minutes ago, vcczar said:

If the Tara Reade allegation finished Biden for you entirely, why doesn't multiple allegations against Trump or Kavanaugh not finish them with you entirely?

For the reasons I stated above. I am basically finished with Trump's campaign since the day he has announced. Supporting someone in the general election doesn't make me automatically an enthusiastically supporter and seriously there is no shocking element of Trump's behavior anymore. Stormy Daniels, the Access Hollywood tape and many other things have destroyed his credibility in questions of morality. But as stated above, did Trump ever claim to be morally superior? I can't think of any moment, but Biden and his party colleagues often claim to do better. I highlighted why I disagree on their success and I think it's worse to not practise what one preaches. In German you say as idiom in such a situation ''preaching water, but drinking wine''. 

The fault in regards to Trump was to vote for him in the primaries, because by voting for him back then you already knew what you'll get. But neither Clinton nor Biden can claim the moral high ground rightfully, so a Trump voter in the GE is not particularly more ignorant to his candidate's faults than a Democratic voter. I never liked Clinton, but I liked Biden. Therefore allegations about him are even more disappointing for me. Additionally I think the videos to which I referred are even more worrying (if they are legit) than Tara Reade's story. The possibility to rank such awful incidents is pretty sad actually...

In regards to Kavanaugh I'd like to say, that Kavanaugh would not have been my selection even before Trump nominated him. I had probably considered Mike Lee, Bill Pryor or Thomas Hardiman. I accepted the President's choice but I was disappointed when Blasey Ford's allegation got uncovered. A court and it's members and that's my main rational behind liking the Supreme Court so much, should demonstrate absolute integrity. You can believe me, I am very much disappointed about the watering down of moral and values at my beloved high court. Again if the allegations are true. We all have no proofs concerning Biden and Kavanaugh. The Stormy Daniels story is possibly proven but regarding this I prefer not to say anything else...