270soft Forum

DNC Night 4 (Final Night) Thread

This is way better than Hillary Clinton's acceptance speech. Nothing can beat Obama's 2008 acceptance speech, which may have been his greatest speech.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS FLY WILL NOT LEAVE BLOOMBERG ALONE

I guess it makes sense though, flies are normally attracted to bullshit

I was an avid Yang supporter, and after Yang a Bernie supporter. And, after Biden was clearly the nominee, I was seriously considering third party candidates. It was only until I began to accept that

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I can hear parts of Sanders and Warren in this speech.

And some Marianne Williamson too

7 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This is way better than Hillary Clinton's acceptance speech. Nothing can beat Obama's 2008 acceptance speech, which may have been his greatest speech.

This was really good. It really washed away my anxieties surrounding Joe since we haven't really heard from him during the convention. Obama's magnetism can only count for so much. But this set Joe clearly as a candidate in his own right. And if this speech did one thing is it proved between the two candidates, if there is one candidate not fit for office it isn't Joe Biden

• Upvote 2

I may be voting 3rd party, and I may have my concerns about Harris but I'd feel much better about a Biden win on election night than I'd have felt about a Clinton win in 2016. 

I know many of you will have an anxious election night, which I understand, but for me I feel confident. Much better than I felt in 2016 when I thought both candidates were horrible but preferred Trump. (I voted Johnson.) This time around I prefer Biden and it has a lot to do with what he's been doing recently.

Edited by SilentLiberty
Mean should have been may.
  • Like 1
Just now, billay said:

Lol right? This place has became unbearable people are so bias.

The arguements on this forum have just become more nasty in nature. I'm on yellow team anyway.

1 minute ago, SilentLiberty said:

I mean be voting 3rd party, and I may have my concerns about Harris but I'd feel much better about a Biden win on election night than I'd have felt about a Clinton win in 2016. 

I know many of you will have an anxious election night, which I understand, but for me I feel confident. Much better than I felt in 2016 when I thought both candidates were horrible but preferred Trump. (I voted Johnson.) This time around I prefer Biden and it has a lot to do with what he's been doing recently.

If you lived in a swing state I'd be trying a lot harder to convince you 😉

Just watched Pete's full speech.  From the day I decided he was my pick, he has consistently made me proud.  I look forward with great anticipation to seeing his Presidency one day.

But there's work to be done first.  And step one is to get Trump out.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

If you lived in a swing state I'd be trying a lot harder to convince you 😉

I do live in a swing district! Think it'll go Blue for congress and Red for pres. See a lot of Eastman signs and a lot of Trump signs.

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

I do live in a swing district! Think it'll go Blue for congress and Red for pres. See a lot of Eastman signs and a lot of Trump signs.

I think it's more likely Biden-Bacon than it is Trump-Eastman but we'll certainly see!

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

I think it's more likely Biden-Bacon than it is Trump-Eastman but we'll certainly see!

I could see that too. I do think the top of the ticket and the rep will be from opposite parties regardless. And Sasse will cruise to re-election for his senate seat.

And that's a wrap! Congressman and Convention Chair Bennie Thompson (D, MS-2) has officially declared the 48th Democratic Convention adjourned. It's been a wonderful 4 days with y'all. I'll see y'all next week for the RNC!

4 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

Just now, SilentLiberty said:

I could see that too. I do think the top of the ticket and the rep will be from opposite parties regardless. And Sasse will cruise to re-election for his senate seat.

I see a lot of Eastman ads. Just over the river!

17 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

And that's a wrap! Congressman and Convention Chair Bennie Thompson (D, MS-2) has officially declared the 48th Democratic Convention adjourned. It's been a wonderful 4 days with y'all. I'll see y'all next week for the RNC!

I'm probably going to be less invested in that one but I'll have it on.