Jump to content
270soft Forum

If you were the nominee


Recommended Posts

If you were the nominee of your party, who would you invite as a speaker at your convention. 

You must include a keynote speaker, and a VP speech, as well as your own speech. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

If you were the nominee of your party, who would you invite as a speaker at your convention. 

You must include a keynote speaker, and a VP speech, as well as your own speech. 

Independent tickets don't have big Conventions as far as I can see. Just press releases, it seems like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patine said:

Independent tickets don't have big Conventions as far as I can see. Just press releases, it seems like.

Let's say the Patine Independents have some sort of morale boosting get together. Who speaks?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pilight said:

Established smaller parties have conventions, they just don't get press coverage.  

Independent tickets aren't even smaller parties. They're specifically "non-partisan independents." They're even listed in a separate list from minor parties (but in the same section in general) of every Wikipedia article on U.S. Presidential Elections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vcczar said:

If you were the nominee of your party, who would you invite as a speaker at your convention. 

You must include a keynote speaker, and a VP speech, as well as your own speech. 

Keynote: My future Secretary of State Pete Buttigieg.  Vice President Cory Booker.  Obviously the Obamas.  Joe Biden.  Elizabeth Warren.  Julian Castro.  James "Mad Dog" Mattis.  My daughter, who is seven, and would just improvise something that would bring the house down.  She's hilarious.  My dad.  



 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Actinguy said:

Keynote: My future Secretary of State Pete Buttigieg.  Vice President Cory Booker.  Obviously the Obamas.  Joe Biden.  Elizabeth Warren.  Julian Castro.  James "Mad Dog" Mattis.  My daughter, who is seven, and would just improvise something that would bring the house down.  She's hilarious.  My dad.  



 

I might be wrong but I thought you supported Buttigieg? Why not make him VP?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably make Ro Khanna the Keynote Speaker. VP Pete Buttigieg. Other speakers -- as many never Trumpers as possible. I'd fill the screen with as many as I can--make it look like a wave. One night would be about bipartisanship with these Republicans and with moderate Dems. One night would be about the Liberal Democratic tradition and success and I'd let the establishment people speak that day. The next would be about progressive change and activists and I'd have progressives and activists peaks that night. Final night would be about what I will do and how we will win. Speakers would be people that know me, the VP, Me, Keynote, and my preliminary cabinet picks. I'd want people to know some of those people right away. 

This is just off the top of my head. Might want to do something else if I think about it again

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd run as a Republican but pick a Democrat VP, preferably Buttigieg (I'm noticing a pattern), but I doubt he'd accept, so Gabbard, who I think would be willing to do a bipartisan ticket.

They key speakers would be someone who lived in a failed eastern socialist state, Jordan Peterson, Trump Jr., Ron Paul, Mike DeWine, Phil Robertson, Joe Manchin, Justin Amash, ex-con Larry Lawton, Marco Rubio, Gary Johnson, Robert O'Neill and other military vets, likely someone screwed by the VA, and some cabinet members I'm floating from both parties. The themes would obviously be free-markets, bipartisanship and patriotism.

My cabinet would consist of experienced partisan politicians, or Independent professionals in that sector, PhDs etc.

Sec State: Democrat

Treasury: Republican

Defense: Democrat or Independent

Attorney General: Independent

Interior: Independent

Agriculture: Republican

Commerce: Republican

Labor: Democrat or Independent

Health: Independent

HuD: Independent or Democrat

Transportation: Independent

Energy: Democrat

Education: Independent

VA: Republican

Homeland Security: Republican

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

First night

Theme:We Shall Overcome-Social Justice and Equality

Speakers:

Rev.Al Sharpton

Rev.Jesse Jackson

Sen.Cory Booker

Shaun King

Cornell West

Linda Sarsour

Ayanna Pressley

Sen.Kamala Harris-Keynote

Second night

Theme:For the Many Not the Few-Economic Justice and Equality

Speakers:

Robert Reich

Sen.Sherrod Brown

Sen.Tammy Baldwin

Andrew Yang

Rep.Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Sen.Bernie Sanders-Keynote

Third Night

Theme:For Our Planet-Enviromental Issues

Speakers:

Sen.Ed Markey

Sen.Jeff Merkley

Sunrise Movement activists

Al Gore

John Kerry

Leonardo Di Caprio

Barrack Obama-Keynote

Fourth Night

Theme:Vote!,Accepting Nomination

Speakers:

Mayor Pete Buttigieg

Julian Castro

Beto O'Rourke

Sen.Tammy Duckworth

Bruce Mann,husband of my VP Pick

Sen.Elizabeth Warren,VP speech

My Family

Me,Nomination Acceptance Speech

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rodja said:

Rev.Al Sharpton

Rev.Jesse Jackson

Sen.Cory Booker

Shaun King

Cornell West

Linda Sarsour

Ayanna Pressley

CNN Election Night: Exit polls are showing that Jewish Americans voted for the Republican Party in record-breaking numbers capturing nearly 70% of the vote after the Democratic Party all but cast them out of the party during the convention.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'd probably make Ro Khanna the Keynote Speaker. VP Pete Buttigieg. Other speakers -- as many never Trumpers as possible. I'd fill the screen with as many as I can--make it look like a wave. One night would be about bipartisanship with these Republicans and with moderate Dems. One night would be about the Liberal Democratic tradition and success and I'd let the establishment people speak that day. The next would be about progressive change and activists and I'd have progressives and activists peaks that night. Final night would be about what I will do and how we will win. Speakers would be people that know me, the VP, Me, Keynote, and my preliminary cabinet picks. I'd want people to know some of those people right away. 

This is just off the top of my head. Might want to do something else if I think about it again

If only the IRL DNC was like this. Except we get AOC NOT invited. And shit on when Bernie did so. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

I might be wrong but I thought you supported Buttigieg? Why not make him VP?

I absolutely do.  VP is kind of a useless position (unless it suddenly becomes extremely necessary in a heartbeat, of course).  I'd rather put Buttigieg somewhere where his talents could really be put to work, such as Secretary of State.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vcczar said:

I'd probably make Ro Khanna the Keynote Speaker. VP Pete Buttigieg. Other speakers -- as many never Trumpers as possible. I'd fill the screen with as many as I can--make it look like a wave. One night would be about bipartisanship with these Republicans and with moderate Dems. One night would be about the Liberal Democratic tradition and success and I'd let the establishment people speak that day. The next would be about progressive change and activists and I'd have progressives and activists peaks that night. Final night would be about what I will do and how we will win. Speakers would be people that know me, the VP, Me, Keynote, and my preliminary cabinet picks. I'd want people to know some of those people right away. 

This is just off the top of my head. Might want to do something else if I think about it again

Great call on the Never Trumpers.  In that spirit, I'd try to get George W Bush.  Yes, obviously, he doesn't have a lot of fans in the Democrat party.  That would be the point.  This is transcending politics, we have an emergency on our hands in the form of President Donald Trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rodja said:

First night

Theme:We Shall Overcome-Social Justice and Equality

Speakers:

Rev.Al Sharpton

Rev.Jesse Jackson

Sen.Cory Booker

Shaun King

Cornell West

Linda Sarsour

Ayanna Pressley

Sen.Kamala Harris-Keynote

Second night

Theme:For the Many Not the Few-Economic Justice and Equality

Speakers:

Robert Reich

Sen.Sherrod Brown

Sen.Tammy Baldwin

Andrew Yang

Rep.Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Sen.Bernie Sanders-Keynote

Third Night

Theme:For Our Planet-Enviromental Issues

Speakers:

Sen.Ed Markey

Sen.Jeff Merkley

Sunrise Movement activists

Al Gore

John Kerry

Leonardo Di Caprio

Barrack Obama-Keynote

Fourth Night

Theme:Vote!,Accepting Nomination

Speakers:

Mayor Pete Buttigieg

Julian Castro

Beto O'Rourke

Sen.Tammy Duckworth

Bruce Mann,husband of my VP Pick

Sen.Elizabeth Warren,VP speech

My Family

Me,Nomination Acceptance Speech

 

Shaun King should have no place anywhere near s party convention. He is absolute poison.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...