DNC Night 3 Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This speech is so much more than magnetic, it’s a beautiful and yet emotionally bruising speech. It feels like something that has gotten through the censors of a banana republic and is being played fo

Abraham Lincoln!   That's a Millard Fillmore story if I've ever heard one. (I've never heard one.)

I could really do without musical segments in this

Posted Images

They are doing a good job intentionally embracing both her Indian and Black identities 

We have heard “good trouble” 50 times this convention and that’s ok. But i swear every speaker quietly goes “damnit” every time the speaker before them uses it

• Haha 1

They're making Kamala Harris smile waaay more than she usually does on her own. She's trying to be more likable.

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

They're making Kamala Harris smile waaay more than she usually does on her own. She's trying to be more likable.

She’s presenting much better

• Upvote 1

Obama had a great speech. Nice to be reminded of what a President is suppose to sound like.

Harris is doing well too. Having the final three giving speeches be Warren, Obama, Harris was great. They all give such powerful speeches. This has definitely been the best night so far.

• Like 1

Good speech by Kamala Harris. Maybe her best speech. But she hasn't Obama's delivery. 

Usually she's prosecutorial in her speeches. She's being optimistic, happy, and hopeful in this one. Probably a good move since it fits in with Biden and his empathy message.

For a short while I was growing increasingly disillusioned with the Democratic Party once Biden's victory in the primaries became clear, but god has this convention made me proud to have devoted my time, money, and on Election Day my vote to Joe 2020.

• Like 1

I really can't see how the GOP can beat the Dem Convention this year. Biden's team is hitting Trump in his weakness: empathy. Biden is showcasing his and his party's empathy, while attacking Trump's lack of empathy. They are also noticeably not really attacking the Republican Party. This could be a smart coalition move. Trump is made to be the devient--something other than a Republican, lacking in humanity and in what it means to be an American. He isn't failing. He's already failed by not taking his job, the Constitution, or the crisis seriously. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, vcczar said:

I really can't see how the GOP can beat the Dem Convention this year. Biden's team is hitting Trump in his weakness: empathy. Biden is showcasing his and his party's empathy, while attacking Trump's lack of empathy. They are also noticeably not really attacking the Republican Party. This could be a smart coalition move. Trump is made to be the devient--something other than a Republican, lacking in humanity and in what it means to be an American. He isn't failing. He's already failed by not taking his job, the Constitution, or the crisis seriously. 

Well it didnt beat it last time either but what they will try and go for is fear. Letting that crazy St.Louis couple who pulled guns on protesters and the Catholic school kid speak is a clear signal of that. Will it work? Probably not unless the protesters do something insane in the next 75 days but I can assure you the theme of the RNC convention will be fear and the economy. 

So really not much different than the past 20 years except Trump goes places traditional nominees wouldnt.

5 hours ago, The Blood said:

For a short while I was growing increasingly disillusioned with the Democratic Party once Biden's victory in the primaries became clear, but god has this convention made me proud to have devoted my time, money, and on Election Day my vote to Joe 2020.

Yeah it's easier said than done though. Comparing against 4 years of Trump is one thing but actually addressing the issues facing America + a percentage of the left wing that has pushed the Overton window? Biden isnt a spring chicken,  I dont see how everyone falls in line where say Obama in 2008 had won.

Given that Biden is a 1 term president I dont see why the GOP would try and work with him, and is there any proof he will just try to legislate to his base? Really he hasnt done that his entire career. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

5 hours ago, vcczar said:

Biden's team is hitting Trump in his weakness: empathy. Biden is showcasing his and his party's empathy, while attacking Trump's lack of empathy. They are also noticeably not really attacking the Republican Party.

These things are actually among the problems I see. Biden being the nice and emphatic guy doesn't highlight his plans or his capability of running the country in a world, which gets worse and worse. Playing the nice grandfather buying you ice cream might seem lovely occasionally but it isn't what it's take to step up to Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un, Putin or Lukashenko.

Furthermore to not attack the GOP might also backfire. Even if Trump's unseated by doing it that way, it won't sink their congressional candidates. If Biden has to deal with a red congress as well, there will be even more trouble at least for the reasons I mentioned in my first paragraph.

49 minutes ago, billay said:

Letting that crazy St.Louis couple who pulled guns on protesters

Why are they crazy? I believe defending your home against potential intruders by all available means is a quite righteous act.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

it isn't what it's take to step up to Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un, Putin or Lukashenko..

Unlike Donald Trump, who...*checks notes*...keeps inviting all four to his birthday party?

9 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

These things are actually among the problems I see. Biden being the nice and emphatic guy doesn't highlight his plans or his capability of running the country in a world, which gets worse and worse. Playing the nice grandfather buying you ice cream might seem lovely occasionally but it isn't what it's take to step up to Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un, Putin or Lukashenko.

Furthermore to not attack the GOP might also backfire. Even if Trump's unseated by doing it that way, it won't sink their congressional candidates. If Biden has to deal with a red congress as well, there will be even more trouble at least for the reasons I mentioned in my first paragraph.

We'll see but if the Dems campaign with a message like tonight's this will have a 2012 feel and with some crazy ass candidates (Laura Loomer) it could drag down some candidates in close races.

The St.Louis couple comes across as crazy because there was no actual proof the protesters tried to enter their property. I'm very pro 2a but you cant pull unless you intend use your weapon and having a group of people yelling at you from the street doesnt qualify as a threat. Atleast in the state of MO.

56 minutes ago, billay said:

Yeah it's easier said than done though. Comparing against 4 years of Trump is one thing but actually addressing the issues facing America + a percentage of the left wing that has pushed the Overton window? Biden isnt a spring chicken,  I dont see how everyone falls in line where say Obama in 2008 had won.

Given that Biden is a 1 term president I dont see why the GOP would try and work with him, and is there any proof he will just try to legislate to his base? Really he hasnt done that his entire career. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

If Biden actually makes himself a lame duck his presidency is already screwed. Democrats would spend the time jockeying for position to run in 2024 and Republicans wouldn't have any incentive to pass bipartisan legislation knowing 2024 is open season.

Even if Biden is gonna be a one termer and knows it today. He, his campaign, his staff, and his potential admin would be best keeping that to themselves until after the midterms in 2022.

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

Unlike Donald Trump, who...*checks notes*...keeps inviting all four to his birthday party?

Well, I voiced my discomfort with Trump's foreign policy many times, but I can't see in which way Biden's would be an improvement. Not to mention China and Iran are desperately trying to get Biden elected, like Russia uses their bots for Trump... I don't think Trump will step up to Russia in a viable way if re-elected, but I also believe Biden will be cozying up to China and Iran if elected. 

Trump also failed the Korean peninsula together with South Korea's president Moon, but since they have their next election in 2022 Biden would have to deal with Moon for a while as well. They are ideologically speaking closer, so yes I expect a new mess there as well.

2 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well, I voiced my discomfort with Trump's foreign policy many times, but I can't see in which way Biden's would be an improvement. Not to mention China and Iran are desperately trying to get Biden elected, like Russia uses their bots for Trump... I don't think Trump will step up to Russia in a viable way if re-elected, but I also believe Biden will be cozying up to China and Iran if elected. 

Trump also failed the Korean peninsula together with South Korea's president Moon, but since they have their next election in 2022 Biden would have to deal with Moon for a while as well. They are ideologically speaking closer, so yes I expect a new mess there as well.

Who was the President and VP who tried to build a coalition in Southeast Asia with the TPP? I'll wait. And who completely abandoned trying to build that coalition, often with countries that have never been under an American umbrella before? 

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

Who was the President and VP who tried to build a coalition in Southeast Asia with the TPP? I'll wait. 

Abraham Lincoln!

3 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

And who completely abandoned trying to build that coalition, often with countries that have never been under an American umbrella before? 

That's a Millard Fillmore story if I've ever heard one.

(I've never heard one.)

• Haha 2
Just now, Actinguy said:

That's a Millard Fillmore story if I've ever heard one

It does sound like something he would do...

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

It doesn’t look like you watched the convention. What you say wasn’t highlight is heavily highlighted.