DNC Night 3 Thread

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This speech is so much more than magnetic, it’s a beautiful and yet emotionally bruising speech. It feels like something that has gotten through the censors of a banana republic and is being played fo

Abraham Lincoln!   That's a Millard Fillmore story if I've ever heard one. (I've never heard one.)

I could really do without musical segments in this

Posted Images

Bennie Thompson hot out of the gate! I enjoyed his Civil Rights story. I don't expect much from the Cheeseman Tony Evers who ironically looks like a mouse.

• Upvote 1
Just now, vcczar said:

Gov of WI has zero charisma.

Holy Mackerel folks that was bad

The second segment of the night is yet another "Republicans 4 Biden" section. They keep hitting this every night, they are keeping their working messaging up.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

The second segment of the night is yet another "Republicans 4 Biden" section. They keep hitting this every night, they are keeping their working messaging up.

I think they will continue with that until election day.

Kamala is back stage at a High School play talking about the importance of voting as a lead-up to her speech.

A very powerful narration about gun violence by a young woman is a flaming hot start to the convention.

You know, as much as I disagree with the Gun Control movement, one cannot deny the emotional weight of the MDA and the March for Our Lives folks. 

• Upvote 2

Biden reminds me of a lot of the older Irish Catholic people in NYC that I knew when I lived there. Lots of empathy and social togetherness and selfessness for the greater good. 

I see we're still working on transitions. Also interesting choice of the British national anthem in the background

Gabby Giffords is a great spokesperson for the gun control movement. Her husband, Mark Kelly, will likely unseat Republican Senator Martha McSally this November. 

I was working at HuffPost when she was shot. It was a nightmare day at work. I worked 18 hours a day for 4 days straight. She seems to improve each time I see her speak

I love all the people standing in fields with weird camera angles

• Upvote 1

Michelle Lujan Grisham has a good speaking voice, but she basically has no lips, which makes her look odd. 

They use this black and white picture of Joe next to his train quite often

Viking farmer and young activists are good stuff for advancing the climate cause.

Billie Eilish keeps winking at the audience also this wind machine is out of control.

Great performance as always though from a talented artist.

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Billie Eilish keeps winking at the audience also this wind machine is out of control.

Great performance as always though from a talented artist.

The music isn't energetic enough for me. It's almost putting me to sleep. It isn't bad. Just not what I'd listen to. 

Just now, vcczar said:

The music isn't energetic enough for me. It's almost putting me to sleep. It isn't bad. Just not what I'd listen to. 

While I’m not a super fan, I like Billie Eilish well enough.

Kerry Washington pointing out that the black community is “hugely diverse” may be a covert way to bandaid Biden saying the exact opposite a few weeks ago 

Daughter of an undocumented wife of a marine who was Marine reading an open letter to President Trump is the most powerful segment in the night. I’m close to tears.