270soft Forum

DNC Convention Day 2 Thoughts

4 minutes ago, billay said:

Even with AOC endorsing Bernie?

...She seconded his nomination. That's standard procedure at a convention. She has already endorsed Joe.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get impatient with stupidity and people that put no thought into their comments. Make sense and follow your comments and opinions with reason and facts and I'll treat you like you are worth my time.

I'm so upset, Patine and I are being upstaged by this new rivalry between Billay and Vcczar.  This is an outrage. ;c)

@Hestia11 Yeah, I'm just going to block @billay, and @servo75, too. There's nothing edifying about either of them. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, billay said:

Even with AOC endorsing Bernie?

I'm not sure what this is in reference to?

It is a nominating convention. Her seconding Sanders's nomination is part of the protocol. Sanders got 1,000+ delegates. They have to find two primary supporters to nominate him. 

If you are talking about her speech. It was 1 minute long. In that speech, she doesn't once make an argument for Sanders or against Biden. 

Did you watch the convention? Do you understand how conventions work?

2 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I'm not sure what this is in reference to?

It is a nominating convention. Her seconding Sanders's nomination is part of the protocol. Sanders got 1,000+ delegates. They have to find two primary supporters to nominate him. 

If you are talking about her speech. It was 1 minute long. In that speech, she doesn't once make an argument for Sanders or against Biden. 

Did you watch the convention? Do you understand how conventions work?

You've gotten pretty nasty over the last few days. In campaign mode I see.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, billay said:

You made a statement which seemed to lack knowledge on the convention's procedures and the content of AOC's speech, so he corrected you and asked two questions which could explain your seeming ignorance. I don't see anything genuinely "nasty" here.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, billay said:

I get impatient with stupidity and people that put no thought into their comments. Make sense and follow your comments and opinions with reason and facts and I'll treat you like you are worth my time. 

• Upvote 5
31 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Very angry. I guess I would be too if I saw Trump gaining in the polls and hated him

3 minutes ago, billay said:

Very angry. I guess I would be too if I saw Trump gaining in the polls and hated him

My "anger" is with your lack of thinking. You're coming off as impaired. Just like with this post, where you miss the diagnosis. I'm not with Trump. He's not gaining in the Trump's. He's inching forward against someone with a landslide lead. So I'm not angry about that. Besides, I wouldn't be angry about polls, I'd be worried or sad. Neverthless, Biden's going to win. No one likes Trump.

On another point, I'm not sure if you are 10 years old. Is that it? That might explain the lack of depth in your posts. I have no idea who old you are. I'm guessing you might be 10 years old. 

• Like 1
Just now, vcczar said:

My "anger" is with your lack of thinking. You're coming off as impaired. Just like with this post, where you miss the diagnosis. I'm not with Trump. He's not gaining in the Trump's. He's inching forward against someone with a landslide lead. So I'm not angry about that. Besides, I wouldn't be angry about polls, I'd be worried or sad. Neverthless, Biden's going to win. No one likes Trump.

On another point, I'm not sure if you are 10 years old. Is that it? That might explain the lack of depth in your posts. I have no idea who old you are. I'm guessing you might be 10 years old. 

I know you're not with Trump and you're bias is showing with your wishful thinking that Kaischs turd of a speech will carry 10% of a party.

My age is irrelevant and your insults are petty. Grow up.

1 minute ago, billay said:

I know you're not with Trump and you're bias is showing with your wishful thinking that Kaischs turd of a speech will carry 10% of a party.

My age is irrelevant and your insults are petty. Grow up.

I'll admit I have a bias, but I see a great speech when I see it. That was one of them. I would say your bias is equally leading to wishful thinking. Look in the mirror. 

Your comment was very worthy of insult, and I will pounce on you or anyone that says things of equivalent brainlessness. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

I'll admit I have a bias, but I see a great speech when I see it. That was one of them. I would say your bias is equally leading to wishful thinking. Look in the mirror. 

Your comment was very worthy of insult, and I will pounce on you or anyone that says things of equivalent brainlessness. 

I'm voting for neither candidate full disclosure I'm a libertarian leaning Republican who plans the top of the ballot blank. I will however vote in the MO governor race and that vote will be going to Nicole Galloway (D) as I feel the incombunets response to COVID has been laughable and his participation in the MMJ program has been corrupt/criminal.

You made no compelling or factual argument stating why Kaisch would swing not just 10% but 5% of the Republican vote and then begin to insult me. Child please.

Just now, billay said:

I'm voting for neither candidate full disclosure I'm a libertarian leaning Republican who plans the top of the ballot blank. I will however vote in the MO governor race and that vote will be going to Nicole Galloway (D) as I feel the incombunets response to COVID has been laughable and his participation in the MMJ program has been corrupt/criminal.

You made no compelling or factual argument stating why Kaisch would swing not just 10% but 5% of the Republican vote and then begin to insult me. Child please.

You called him nasty first so get a grip. 

Just now, billay said:

I gave you 8 reasonable arguments! Now you're just being a troll .

Just now, vcczar said:

I gave you 8 reasonable arguments! Now you're just being a troll .

You presented no factual data. I provided you the poll showing Trump up regarding the issue of the economy.  Do you not agree that the state of the economy will drive more voters than John Kaisch?

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@Hestia11

Yeah, I'm just going to block @billay, and @servo75, because I'm risking violating the boards TOS while being a cheerleader of an irrelevant politician such as John Kaisch. I cant provide any factual data on why he will swing a significant portion of voters to Biden, so I'm going to lob insults and take my ball and go home.

Fixed.

Much more accurate. 

29 minutes ago, Hestia11 said:

You called him nasty first so get a grip. 

Check the other thread plus the conversation from a few days ago.

Also I responded to your comment and you didnt acknowledge it. Would you like me to pull Democrat responses to AOC's speech?

1 hour ago, billay said:

Fixed.

Much more accurate. 

@admin_270, I think this is what @Herbert Hoover was trying to tag you on. If I remember correctly editing a user's quote is a harsh violation of forum rules. Screenshotted it just in case he deletes or edits it.

But yeah @vcczar speaking from personal experience there's no way this guy's more than 16 years old lmao.

Screenshot_20200819-023558_Chrome.jpg

Back to the topic, as someone who has supported Trump, I'm loving the bipartisanship that we've seen at this convention. I feel like my support for Trump increases when Biden runs as a "I'm not Trump" campaign, but this convention has made me voting for Biden not out of the question.

Not a fan of AOC, but she is for sure the heir apparent to Sanders, and will probably run in 2028 or 32 if Biden wins.

As an Ohioan I still don't like Kasich though. Or DeWine (but his COVID response made me not hate him), I like @Reagan04s boy Husted though, and wish he ran for governor in a flipped ticket instead. (I think you mentioned him before).

6 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Yes this is true. And I'm sure Trumpland will be screaming about Epstein as well. I always appreciate hearing from a former President though.

Well, I neither remember Clinton as an advocate for women's rights nor distancing himself from Epstein. There remain a lot of questions, but it's interesting he's still invited by Democrats who have been angry about Trump equally awful Access Hollywood tape. That's what I call double standards and that's despicable for me.

9 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Well, I neither remember Clinton as an advocate for women's rights nor distancing himself from Epstein. There remain a lot of questions, but it's interesting he's still invited by Democrats who have been angry about Trump equally awful Access Hollywood tape. That's what I call double standards and that's despicable for me.

"Despicable," and "double standards," about describes a Hell of a lot going on in American politics in both major parties. They're certainly not "partisan issues," or "issues where one party has a higher ground than the other," - even though your post intimates Republicans being generally less guilty of it than Democrats.

15 minutes ago, Patine said:

"Despicable," and "double standards," about describes a Hell of a lot going on in American politics in both major parties. They're certainly not "partisan issues," or "issues where one party has a higher ground than the other," - even though your post intimates Republicans being generally less guilty of it than Democrats.

I agree on the first part, but I have to mention that in fact I am still not over the U-turn of Graham and Cruz. While I appreciate them putting country over personal feelings, I also can't comprehend their behavior fully. However, there is no need to promote Clinton at this point anymore. That's like bringing Trump back to babble in front of a crowd when Nikki Haley is the next GOP nominee. Clinton certainly won't convince any potential new voters. In fact his presence is probably one more reason for not voting Biden. 

5 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I agree on the first part, but I have to mention that in fact I am still not over the U-turn of Graham and Cruz. While I appreciate them putting country over personal feelings, I also can't comprehend their behavior fully. However, there is no need to promote Clinton at this point anymore. That's like bringing Trump back to babble in front of a crowd when Nikki Haley is the next GOP nominee. Clinton certainly won't convince any potential new voters. In fact his presence is probably one more reason for not voting Biden. 

I'm afraid I see little distinction in this regard. And, of course, as I've said, ideally party loyalty should be a VERY DISTANTLY low second-last priority for any admirable politician - only above corporate donors and moneyed lobby groups and special interest groups - but IMMENSELY below every other priority a politician should have. Political parties are far more often enemies and inhibitions to good governance than anything near a good for it.

9 hours ago, billay said:

Democrats on social media lost their minds.

Yes. They threw a lot of shit and vitriol against AOC for doing something she's been told to do by the DNC. And when we explain it, the Libs double down and blame HER for doing what the DNC wanted and not giving a longer speech to "endorse Biden?". But wtf, she already endorsed???

1 hour ago, CentristGuy said:

Yes. They threw a lot of shit and vitriol against AOC for doing something she's been told to do by the DNC. And when we explain it, the Libs double down and blame HER for doing what the DNC wanted and not giving a longer speech to "endorse Biden?". But wtf, she already endorsed???

Yeah I dont get that. She was speaking technically somewhat for NY.