270soft Forum

DNC Convention Day 2 Thoughts

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter now up to bat. This is definetly a feel good call back to Democratic giants like Kennedy and Carter. Bill Clinton is also slated for tonight. 

Jimmy Carter was hard to understand. It's also strange they didn't show him.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get impatient with stupidity and people that put no thought into their comments. Make sense and follow your comments and opinions with reason and facts and I'll treat you like you are worth my time.

I'm so upset, Patine and I are being upstaged by this new rivalry between Billay and Vcczar.  This is an outrage. ;c)

@Hestia11 Yeah, I'm just going to block @billay, and @servo75, too. There's nothing edifying about either of them. 

Posted Images

What do y'all think the over under on Bill sticking to 30 minutes is? 

While I respect your view, I just can't agree. I've had a bad taste in my mouth after that for quite some time. I just can't abide it. 

Fair enough.

Just now, vcczar said:

Jimmy Carter was hard to understand. It's also strange they didn't show him.

I can't imagine that he's in good shape. Perhaps they didn't want to show them if they're particularly decrepit. This may very well be his last convention.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

What do y'all think the over under on Bill sticking to 30 minutes is? 

I think he will. He's actually lost a lot of popularity among Democrats. His teeth look like they're eroding, by the way

Just now, vcczar said:

I think he will. He's actually lost a lot of popularity among Democrats. His teeth look like they're eroding, by the way

Yes this is true. And I'm sure Trumpland will be screaming about Epstein as well. I always appreciate hearing from a former President though.

Bill Clinton seems older than both Trump and Biden. He's younger than both of them!

Joe Biden is about to be officially nominated by the Democratic delegates.

Tom Perez looks like some species from Star Wars that is allied with the rebels.

Just now, vcczar said:

Bennie Thompson has the most energy in his voice out of anyone so far. 

I've always been a fan of Bennie Thompson

Bob King and AOC will be nominating Bernie for President. I did not know that this was the point of her appearance tonight. But it definetly gives some platform to the left-wing of the party.

If if one doesn't like her, AOC has a good stage presence and a good speaking voice. I think this speech will basically make her the heir apparent of Sanders. That heir won't be Bob King.

Just now, vcczar said:

If if one doesn't like her, AOC has a good stage presence and a good speaking voice. I think this speech will basically make her the heir apparent of Sanders. That heir won't be Bob King.

Should say even if one doesn't like her

Interesting spot from an elevator operator who met Joe Biden. Again, we're hammering how relateable and down-to-earth Joe Biden is. She is nominating him, this is a great honor and a smart strategy to have a grey collar worker officially nominate him.

• Upvote 1

I think the Secretary of the DNC is a muppet.

Terri Sewell representing Alabama at the Edmund Pettus Bridge, a bridge looking to be re-named in his honor. Some weird background noise also going on.

I think the Secretary of the DNC is a muppet.

or 15 years old

Barbara Lee, representing California, has absolutely no clue what to do with her hands.

A working family is representing Colorado with a great message about the struggles of distance learning. A fire company is representing Connecticut.

Watching Tom Carper pass on behalf of Delaware felt like a fever dream.