270soft Forum

DNC Convention Day 2 Thoughts

I'm going to do my play by play here. I hope to get your own thoughts. 

Note: I lost the O keycap on my keyboard so I might have some typos.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I get impatient with stupidity and people that put no thought into their comments. Make sense and follow your comments and opinions with reason and facts and I'll treat you like you are worth my time.

I'm so upset, Patine and I are being upstaged by this new rivalry between Billay and Vcczar.  This is an outrage. ;c)

@Hestia11 Yeah, I'm just going to block @billay, and @servo75, too. There's nothing edifying about either of them. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, pilight said:

At this rate there will be more Republicans speaking at the DNC than at the RNC

I'm okay with that if it helps Biden.

They shows parts of Barack Obama's keynote speech--the only keynote speech I ever saw that was excellent. 

Word on the street is that Cindy McCain is going to be narrating a bit on the friendship between John and Biden. I’m looking forward to that.

• Upvote 1

This is the worst keynote address. They should pick one person instead of giving 50 people 5 minutes to speak

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This is the worst keynote address. They should pick one person instead of giving 50 people 5 minutes to speak

Pile the incredible discordant noise here plus my strong dislike of Stacy Abrams I think I prefer Catherine Cortez Masto’s Roseanne sitcom from yesterday to the Brady Bunch here

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

Pile the incredible discordant noise here plus my strong dislike of Stacy Abrams I think I prefer Catherine Cortez Masto’s Roseanne sitcom from yesterday to the Brady Bunch here

I like Stacey Abrams. She was one of my top picks for VP

Just now, vcczar said:

I like Stacey Abrams. She was one of my top picks for VP

And I'm sure she thinks she was the rightful VP nominee and will be requesting a recount. But at least now she doesn't have to resign as Governor of Georgia.

• Upvote 3

I will say I am really looking forward to Sally Yates. One thing of note is they still have rough transitions.

And I'm sure she thinks she was the rightful VP nominee and will be requesting a recount. But at least now she doesn't have to resign as Governor of Georgia.

She didn't complain that Harris was selected. She applauded the pick within like 15 minutes of it being announced. I don't get what you mean about that last sentence.

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

She didn't complain that Harris was selected. She applauded the pick within like 15 minutes of it being announced. I don't get what you mean about that last sentence.

I'm just making fun of how her self-entitled attitude knows no bounds. She is the epitome of sore loser. I just can't stand nor bear her.

• Upvote 3

Sally Yates's speech had a good message but it isn't memorable. Glad she got a spot though.

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

Sally Yates's speech had a good message but it isn't memorable. Glad she got a spot though.

Agreed. Sally Yates is not a politician nor orator. She is a public servant. She may not be flashy but she encompasses one of the most important reasons to support Biden; restoring the rule of law within our government. Biden is the candidate of conserving the Constitution.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

I'm just making fun of how her self-entitled attitude knows no bounds. She is the epitome of sore loser. I just can't stand nor bear her.

I think she had a valid reason for a recount. I doubt she would have done that if there weren't major voting issues (likely suppression) when her opponent happened to also be in charge of Georgia elections as Sec of State. That just reeks of conflict of interest for Kemp. I would have contested that election if I were Abrams, and I'm not even politicially ambitiious!

Just now, vcczar said:

I think she had a valid reason for a recount. I doubt she would have done that if there weren't major voting issues (likely suppression) when her opponent happened to also be in charge of Georgia elections as Sec of State. That just reeks of conflict of interest for Kemp. I would have contested that election if I were Abrams, and I'm not even politicially ambitiious!

It's not that she requested a recount. It's that she refused to concede the election. That's a disastrous concept and it gives me more respect for the integrity of Richard Nixon (who did concede even though he had an even better case than Stacy Abrams for a stolen election) than it does for Stacy Abrams and that's not a great place to be.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if Carolyn Kennedy giving a speech about JFK will help Joseph P Kennedy III at all?

Just now, vcczar said:

I wonder if Carolyn Kennedy giving a speech about JFK will help Joseph P Kennedy III at all?

I doubt it. I think his goose is cooked against Markey at this point to be entirely honest.

Just now, Reagan04 said:

It's not that she requested a recount. It's that she refused to concede the election. That's a disastrous concept and it gives me more respect for the integrity of Richard Nixon (who did concede even though he had an even better case than Stacy Abrams for a stolen election) than it does for Stacy Abrams and that's not a great place to be.

I think you are over-reacting. There were legitimate reasons not to concede that election. I still think it was probably stolen. I think anyone desirous of fair elections would have not conceded until a recount, investigation, and court case occurred.

I doubt it. I think his goose is cooked against Markey at this point to be entirely honest.

The race is within 4 pts. With a like 10% or more undecideds.

Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter now up to bat. This is definetly a feel good call back to Democratic giants like Kennedy and Carter. Bill Clinton is also slated for tonight. 

Just now, vcczar said:

I think you are over-reacting. There were legitimate reasons not to concede that election. I still think it was probably stolen. I think anyone desirous of fair elections would have not conceded until a recount, investigation, and court case occurred.

While I respect your view, I just can't agree. I've had a bad taste in my mouth after that for quite some time. I just can't abide it. 

• Like 1

OH SHIT HERE'S WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON THE MAN HIMSELF