270soft Forum

Convention Thoughts Day 1

The early part of the convention was cheesy. The format is odd without a convention crowd. 

Andrew Cuomo is coming off as damn presidential. I wish he were the nominee.. Great interview presence, determined speech, clear speaking, excellent eye-contact, good rhythm. etc. 

Anyone else watching?

• Like 1
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh sure. I'm familiar because he works with some of my favorites on stuff like that.  On a side note- God I wish Michelle Obama was still First Lady.

This is a very moderate, bipartisan night. I like the tone a lot. Focusing on non-partisan values like leadership on covid and national unity. Bernie will keep that anchor in progressivism but no doub

Empathy, Character, Unity, Bipartisanship. Even Bernie was getting in on the moderation and conciliatory tone, he hit very few left-wing policy initiatives. This was a good night and makes me feel goo

Posted Images

"My dad was a healthy 65-year-old. His only preexisting condition was trusting Donald Trump, and for that, he paid with his life." -- Kristin Urquiza, whose Trump-supporting father died of Covid

Dem Sen nominee for Maine Sara Gideon is the dark-haired version of Kirsten Gillibrand. 

I don't see the purpose of music breaks in a convention, especially a virtual convention. Vote for me! I won't have music breaks in my convention!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MysteryKnight said:

My only problem with Cuomo's speech is he repeated his dumb idea of calling it the European virus. It's a stupid counter to Trump calling it the Chinese virus. I don't find it clever at all. 

I've never heard it called the "European" virus. 

18 minutes ago, vcczar said:

The early part of the convention was cheesy. The format is odd without a convention crowd. 

Andrew Cuomo is coming off as damn presidential. I wish he were the nominee.. Great interview presence, determined speech, clear speaking, excellent eye-contact, good rhythm. etc. 

Anyone else watching?

Cuomo was meh, I imagine people will continue to overblow his speech.

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

My dad was a healthy 65-year-old. His only preexisting condition was trusting Donald Trump, and for that, he paid with his life." -- Kristin Urquiza, whose Trump-supporting father died of Covid

Terrible angle to take on this one.

Currently watching Gretchen Whitmer give us mouth sounds asmr.

Gretchen Whitmer is slightly stumbling with the teleprompter speech. She seems likable though. She would have been a good alternative VP pick to Kamala Harris, arguably better since she's from Michigan. 

Watching now. The entire virtual thing with conventions seems...off. The videos are not the best, and they should be since the message strikes at the heart.

Republican former Gov of NJ Christine Todd Whitman is speaking at the Convention. She used to be a potential presidential candidate that some thought would be the first woman president. 

BIG JOHN KASICH IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE

• Like 1

John Kasich looked like a character in an open world video game when they were taping him from the air. 

Great speech by Kasich! He should have been the GOP nominee in 2016, and he should have challenged Trump out of principal in 2020.  

This is probably the best speech of the night so far. He, like Cuomo, is presidential.

• Haha 1

Doug Jones looks and sounds like he should be hosting the Southern-version only of unsolved mysteries. 

• Haha 1

This is a very moderate, bipartisan night. I like the tone a lot. Focusing on non-partisan values like leadership on covid and national unity. Bernie will keep that anchor in progressivism but no doubt this night is meant to appeal to centrist and moderate GOP crossover voters without losing Biden's left flank. Case in point Doug Jones to follow the GOP cadre led by Kasich

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oh God, Catherine Cortez Masto looks like she's in a 2005 edition of Better Homes&Garden magazines with plastic fruit and an awkwardly placed sign and all. image.png.6cc81be7e0a0aca9ed33cf784d81b2d3.png

1 minute ago, Hestia11 said:

Catherine Cortez Masto is a good speaker as well - something I haven't heard before.

yeah

Bad, bad angle and lighting on Amy Klobuchar. She also looks like she's on the verge of eating the camera. 

1 minute ago, Reagan04 said:

This is Cathy currently

EBHVJ_gUYAEsAcw.png?width=599&height=644

Was Hillary Clinton hiding in a closet for a week and they just found and released her?

Oof God they really need to smooth over these transitions or else I'm going to have level 18 whiplash by Thursday

• Upvote 1