270soft Forum

Markey surges to wide lead

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/511752-new-poll-shows-markey-with-wide-lead-over-kennedy-in-massachusetts

I can't help but say I'm delighted. The people of Massachusetts are showing this is a policy-based campaign, not just a "I want to climb the ladder" kind of campaign. 

• Like 3

There was a poll that described both men and they made it into a word thing with how much they were cited. Markey is first, Kennedy second.

ImageImage

Yikes.  Sorry to see he may have thrown his future away with this challenge instead of waiting to run for Gov instead.  I've talked about this before but found him to be an extremely charismatic/energetic speaker during Warren's announcement event.  Was sure I was watching a future President (Kennedy, not Warren) regardless of his last name.

5 hours ago, Actinguy said:

Yikes.  Sorry to see he may have thrown his future away with this challenge instead of waiting to run for Gov instead.  I've talked about this before but found him to be an extremely charismatic/energetic speaker during Warren's announcement event.  Was sure I was watching a future President (Kennedy, not Warren) regardless of his last name.

For what it’s worth, no Kennedy has ever run for Governor so I doubt he ever considered it. Plus he would stand no chance against Baker. He would have been best off waiting until Markey or Warren retires or if Warren gets a cabinet spot. 

5 hours ago, Actinguy said:

This Politico article from yesterday suggests polling is almost entirely absent on this race and therefore it's not clear at all who is actually in the lead -- though the general tone of the article is certainly more supportive of Markey than Kennedy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/12/joe-kennedy-markey-massachusetts-senate-race-394079

Yea I’m obviously supporting the more progressive candidate, but I’m still not optimistic because of these polls. Statewide and congressional polls in Massachusetts haven’t always been terribly accurate.