270soft Forum

Today might be the day

18 hours ago, Actinguy said:

At worst, she accused him of not being supportive enough of an anti-racist policy almost 50 years earlier.

Technically you're correct, but these days that and much less is commonly interpreted as racism. I'm old enough to remember when even the mildest criticism of Obama's policies or any black leader for any reason whatsoever would be called racist. So the bar HAS been set extremely low.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 270soft board correctly predicted Biden's Veep nominee pick! http://270soft.ipbhost.com/topic/17672-biden-picks-vp-in-a-week/ 51% said it would be Harris in a poll done in July. @He

Well, I guess it's official. Biden has made the grave error, typical of the arrogant, detached, ivory tower, plutocratic, self-righteous Establishment, of locking the Progressives, who are visibly, vo

Say what you want, at least it will help Biden win the swing state of California. 🤣

28 minutes ago, servo75 said:

Technically you're correct, but these days that and much less is commonly interpreted as racism. I'm old enough to remember when even the mildest criticism of Obama's policies or any black leader for any reason whatsoever would be called racist. So the bar HAS been set extremely low.

Ok, buddy.

I mean, Joe Biden won the nomination because of his overwhelming support by black voters even after Kamala's debate performance, but I'm sure everyone definitely suddenly believes he's racist now that he's chosen a black VP.

52 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Ok, buddy.

I mean, Joe Biden won the nomination because of his overwhelming support by black voters even after Kamala's debate performance, but I'm sure everyone definitely suddenly believes he's racist now that he's chosen a black VP.

Did I say I thought Joe Biden was a racist? No, and I even commented that you were correct that Kamala Harris didn't say that. I merely said that the bar for calling things/people racist has been set lower of late. Do you deny that? If so, that's fine but please debate what I actually said, not what you think that I think everyone "suddenly believes." And for Pete's sake don't put words in my mouth. I don't purport to know what "everyone" is thinking.

Of course, WHY black voters support him is beyond me. Racist or not, his (and Harris's) civil rights record is atrocious to be generous. His and Obama's policies have led to increased illegal immigration and shutting down coal and oil, both of which devastate American low-skilled workers of which we always hear about how that disproportionately affects blacks. Joe Biden practically wrote the crime bill that led to the so-called "mass incarceration" of blacks to begin with.

If it's so important to the Democrats to have a woman "of color" nominated, why didn't they vote for her? There were to my memory at least 2 Latinos, 4 women, 2 African Americans and a fake Native American in the race. And yet the two finalists were old white men.