270soft Forum

Today might be the day

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 270soft board correctly predicted Biden's Veep nominee pick! http://270soft.ipbhost.com/topic/17672-biden-picks-vp-in-a-week/ 51% said it would be Harris in a poll done in July. @He

Well, I guess it's official. Biden has made the grave error, typical of the arrogant, detached, ivory tower, plutocratic, self-righteous Establishment, of locking the Progressives, who are visibly, vo

Say what you want, at least it will help Biden win the swing state of California. 🤣

One time I am not watching CNN for only two hours because of another program and they report this. Really?!

9 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

One time I am not watching CNN for only two hours because of another program and they report this. Really?!

Others reporting it now too, citing unnamed insiders.  Supposedly Biden has spoken to his top pick to inform her.  But no confirmation yet that the announcement will actually come today, only that it "might."

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Others reporting it now too, citing unnamed insiders.  Supposedly Biden has spoken to his top pick to inform her.  But no confirmation yet that the announcement will actually come today, only that it "might."

I see.

According to the NYT Antone Melton-Meaux seems to have a good shot defeating Ilhan Omar. We'll see.

2 minutes ago, billay said:

I hope its governor Karen the fallout would be hilarious. 

You are referring to Whitmer?

1 minute ago, billay said:

Ya

While I don't like her, I think she could sank Biden's campaign. 

Bass has been informed it's not her.

I took a flier and put 20 bucks on Val Demings...not likely, but a big payout if she hits.

Meanwhile, watching the Harris and Rice markets.  They've both been rollercoasters all day, fun to watch.

50 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I never watch CNN. Or any American-based "news," outlet, nowadays.

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I never watch CNN. Or any American-based "news," outlet, nowadays.

I know. It's the only American network I can access in TV. This doesn't mean I like there style very much. They have good ads and I like there international approach about covering Africa and Asia to some extend, but they are like 24/7 in Breaking News mode. I'm wondering do we get Breaking Breaking News when there is something really important going on?

8 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Today or tomorrow would be logical time for unveil. That gives weekend for publicity boost.

It's Kamala Harris

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vcczar said:

It's Kamala Harris

I heard it already, as I see Dana Bash speaking (I switched the channel).

No surprise, one of the worst choices for me. 

11 minutes ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

I know. It's the only American network I can access in TV. This doesn't mean I like there style very much. They have good ads and I like there international approach about covering Africa and Asia to some extend, but they are like 24/7 in Breaking News mode. I'm wondering do we get Breaking Breaking News when there is something really important going on?

I keep it on in my office around the clock, but with the sound off.  I can tell at a glance whether anything significant is happening thanks to the ticker at the bottom, without having to listen to the voices.

• Haha 1
Just now, admin_270 said:

I think that's probably the best choice from the major options that were being discussed.

Yeah politically it's absolutely logical. On a personal level however... 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, billay said:

What an awful choice 

I agree. Here is my take: Harris is neither embracing the ideas of Sanders/Warren nor does she hold the values, protesters have fought for during the last months. She has an awful record as AG even for Democrats. Furthermore she ran a mediocre campaign which she had to withdraw from and most importantly she isn't likeable at all as demonstrated when she went after Biden at the debate stage. When embracing Biden now she just seems hypocritical. He didn't change and months ago he was declared a literal demon by her. Very trustworthy. Her only qualifications are being vocal and having some sort of name recognition, but she is definitely not an exciting pick. CA had gone blue anyway. Picking someone from California shows again Democrats have lost their connection to the so called ''fly-over country''. They are again caring about ''Hollywood issues'' instead of ''kitchen table issues''. 

23 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

I think that's probably the best choice from the major options that were being discussed.

I think she's the best option in some senses. I would have preferred someone from a battleground state. I'm just glad it wasn't Bass or Rice. 

My strike against Kamala is she didn’t seem to have firm principles she would reliably stand up for.

But that could make her an ideal VP.  She’s not supposed to grandstand for her own ideals, she’s supposed to support Biden’s.

Just now, Actinguy said:

My strike against Kamala is she didn’t seem to have firm principles she would reliably stand up for.

But that could make her an ideal VP.  She’s not supposed to grandstand for her own ideals, she’s supposed to support Biden’s.

I like her more than Tim Kaine in 2016.