Jump to content
270soft Forum

VP Race Down to Two


Recommended Posts

According to insiders, the VP is down to Susan Rice (frontrunner now) and Kamala Harris. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was skeptical of Rice before, but now I'm starting to warm on her. I'd prefer her to Harris, but not by a whole lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, vcczar said:

According to insiders, the VP is down to Susan Rice (frontrunner now) and Kamala Harris. 

 

Seems like that’s a Fox News insider.  Doesn’t mean that it won’t be one of those two, but other insiders said it had not been taken down to two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Seems like that’s a Fox News insider.  Doesn’t mean that it won’t be one of those two, but other insiders said it had not been taken down to two.

I hope you're right. Susan Rice is pretty far down the bottom of my list. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both are far from likeable or emphatic and also do not have any moderate appeal. Rice was out of the public eye for years. I'd prefer Harris but it's really close because both are bad politicians. Rice is a smack in the face of all who want to get rid of interventionism, back-door politics and for those people who want to see a new Democratic Party. Harris is a smack in the face of all people who are concerned about an equal justice system. Additionally the pick is pure opportunism obviously, as we all know how the busing issue divided both. If they will form such a team, they'll run basically both a separate campaign at the end like McCain and Palin did... Although I disagree with Warren way more than with Harris probably (no idea about Rice on the issues), I'd say she would show that Biden is willing for change which he touts but doesn't deliver on with such choices.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rice seems like a bad choice. Never run in a campaign before, much less the most high profile campaign that exists. No charisma. No strength in retail politics.

So much for the campaign. What about governing? No experience running a town, city, or state, or any large business. No experience in the legislative branch.

Basically, a policy wonk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, admin_270 said:

Rice does solidify Biden as the continuation of Obama's two terms, though ... That could be a plus to voters looking for that ...

Maybe some of them. But the more dissatisfied Social Progressives, who are a much larger portion of the voting public than one would think (and that the DNC and Biden's campaign is accounting for) have no major party Presidential candidate who represents at all what they want in Government, and have felt institutionally denied forever, and it seems Biden is going to make the mistake of shutting them out of the whole ticket - possibly just to spite Warren and Sanders.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Rice does solidify Biden as the continuation of Obama's two terms, though ... That could be a plus to voters looking for that ...

 

4 hours ago, admin_270 said:

Rice seems like a bad choice. Never run in a campaign before, much less the most high profile campaign that exists. No charisma. No strength in retail politics.

So much for the campaign. What about governing? No experience running a town, city, or state, or any large business. No experience in the legislative branch.

Basically, a policy wonk.

 

16 hours ago, Conservative Elector 2 said:

Both are far from likeable or emphatic and also do not have any moderate appeal. Rice was out of the public eye for years. I'd prefer Harris but it's really close because both are bad politicians. Rice is a smack in the face of all who want to get rid of interventionism, back-door politics and for those people who want to see a new Democratic Party. Harris is a smack in the face of all people who are concerned about an equal justice system. Additionally the pick is pure opportunism obviously, as we all know how the busing issue divided both. If they will form such a team, they'll run basically both a separate campaign at the end like McCain and Palin did... Although I disagree with Warren way more than with Harris probably (no idea about Rice on the issues), I'd say she would show that Biden is willing for change which he touts but doesn't deliver on with such choices.

Biden is very clearly looking for someone he can trust to *be* Vice President as opposed to a campaign enhancer. I think he genuinely wants someone he can work intimately with and trust very similar to how he and Obama worked together.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Susan Rice has never campaigned for office, is worth up to $50 million from who knows what, and was associated with the most controversial parts of the Obama Administration (Benghazi).

Terrible choice.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Reagan04 said:

Biden is very clearly looking for someone he can trust to *be* Vice President as opposed to a campaign enhancer. I think he genuinely wants someone he can work intimately with and trust very similar to how he and Obama worked together.

You might be right, but the question remains can the American people trust the person as well? If it's Susan Rice, the answer is no like @Jayavarman pointed out. Harris is barely more trustworthy.

Even if Rice doesn't get the spot at the ticket, there is a high chance she'll be Secretary of State given the consideration she got out of nowhere. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pilight said:

I can only assume you're being deliberately obtuse

No, I'm not. I'm trying to get clear on what you're saying.

That Susan Rice isn't qualified isn't an argument for her to not be Biden's running mate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 8:31 PM, Reagan04 said:

 

 

Biden is very clearly looking for someone he can trust to *be* Vice President as opposed to a campaign enhancer. I think he genuinely wants someone he can work intimately with and trust very similar to how he and Obama worked together.

He pretty much said the same thing today when he was letting his wife help pick because she knows him better than himself.

 

I'm pretty convinced it will be Rice. Atleast she has some sort of expertise where as Kamala Harris is just a joke who wouldnt win in almost any non coastal state.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...