270soft Forum

10 Most Vulnerable Senators

Which Vulnerable Senators will keep their job?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vulnerable Senators will keep their job?

• AL: Sen. Doug Jones (D) will defeat football coach Tommy Tuberville (R).
    • CO: Sen. Cory Gardner (R) will defeat former Gov. John Hickenlooper (D)
    • AZ: Sen. Martha McSally (R) will defeat astronaut Mark Kelly (D), who is also the husband of gunshot victim former US Rep. Gabby Giffords
    • NC: Sen. Thom Tillis (R) will defeat army vet and former state senator Cal Cunningham (D)
    • ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R) will defeat state house speaker Sara Gideon (D)
    • GA-Special Election: Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R) will defeat US Rep. Doug Collins (R) *Yes, two republicans. Democrats have split their vote three ways and no one will drop out*
    • IA - Joni Ernst (R) will defeat real estate exec Theresa Greenfield (D)
    • MT: Steve Daines (R) will defeat Gov. Steve Bullock (D)
    • MA: Ed Markey (D) will defeat US Rep. Joseph P. Kennedy III (D) *Yes, two Dems. Whoever wins this will be the US Senator*
    • GA: David Purdue (R) will defeat documentary film producer Jon Ossof (D)
    • One I'll add since they're polling a tossup-- SC: Lindsay Graham (R) will defeat former DNC chair for SC Jaime Harrison
    • None. Every challenger will be defeated.

7 minutes ago, Reagan04 said:

I don’t know what body double you were watching but I’ve seen him get roasted by Markey in a debate and absolutely bomb the SOTU response.

He is one of the most overhyped speakers I’ve ever seen. Poor guy, an average politician with the last name Kennedy will always fall short of expectations.

Sure, like I said, I've only seen him talk to a live crowd -- can't speak to his debate performances or how he reads to a camera in a mostly empty room.

15 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

Sure, like I said, I've only seen him talk to a live crowd -- can't speak to his debate performances or how he reads to a camera in a mostly empty room.

Do you have a link to the event you’re referencing? I’m now rather curious.

1 hour ago, Reagan04 said:

Do you have a link to the event you’re referencing? I’m now rather curious.

It was the event where Warren officially declared for the Presidency.  My memory is that Markey opened and it was the standard boring old man stuff, then Kennedy came and lit up the crowd.  Then Warren came and was fine...but not nearly as electric as Kennedy.