270soft Forum

Trump Interviews Himself

@admin_270 this clip is created from that Axios interview. Although, the actual interview is probably a little clearer since you get the back and forth between Trump and the interviewer. This clip is funnier. That actual interview is sad. 

2 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I feel like I just wasted 1 minute. What was this supposed to show?

Well it’s a parody. 

11 hours ago, admin_270 said:

I feel like I just wasted 1 minute. What was this supposed to show?

That's part of the humor of it. It's poking fun of the Axios interview by having Trump play both roles. Much of the interview highlights are Trump shuffling around papers, trying to explain them, exchanging papers, and trying to keep the narrative on how he wants to present the Covid situation. It's just a really bizarre interview (the real one and the fake one). 

The line I disliked the least in the real interview is how Trump responds to the high, increasing death toll, saying, "It is what it is," after trying to play it down several times. A normal response would have shown some level of empathy, realize that more should and needs to be done, etc. It's almost as if he's angry at US Citizen dying because it makes him look bad.

3 hours ago, Actinguy said:

It's a parody of something you refused to watch.

Now watched the section of the interview it's a parody of. At first I thought it might be funny and I was just missing the context - now it just seems unfunny.