270soft Forum

Mail-in Ballot Study

Interesting study I found. 28,000,000 mail ins went unchecked in the last four elections, and accounted for aboutĀ 1 in 5 absentee and mail-in ballots.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/28_million_mail-in_ballots_went_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ThePotatoWalrus said:

Interesting study I found. 28,000,000 mail ins went unchecked in the last four elections, and accounted for aboutĀ 1 in 5 absentee and mail-in ballots.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/28_million_mail-in_ballots_went_missing_in_last_four_elections_143033.html

Doesn't it occur to you, though, that checkingĀ them would likely be a much higher priority if they were the main and majority way of voting in an election, as opposed to an outlier? Or are you once again applying current state-of-affairs logic to radically different (and at time, hypothetical) situations as though no differentiation existed or would exist, a bad habit you've shown in the past?

I would like to mention the fact that in Austria the whole second round of the last presidential election was in fact annulled by the Constitutional Court because of massive alleged voter fraud. Absentee ballots and mail-in ballots have been the main issue of concern back then.Ā 

I was against mail-in voting even before the election was annulled here. People who are bashing Trump for being against mail-in voting should consider the possibility of mail-in voting fraud helping Trump as well. Therefore I think all political factions should oppose it.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Patine said:

Doesn't it occur to you, though, that checkingĀ them would likely be a much higher priority if they were the main and majority way of voting in an election, as opposed to an outlier?Ā 

This part is a good conversation!

11 minutes ago, Patine said:

Or are you once again applying current state-of-affairs logic to radically different (and at time, hypothetical) situations as though no differentiation existed or would exist, a bad habit you've shown in the past?

This part is a personal attack.

If you're interested in conversation, this might help.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1