270soft Forum

Game is broken & too easy to win!!!

Game is broken & too easy to win!!!

All to easy to win this game by just sitting on your ass and:

* Shifting (depending on candidate chosen) your platform to the centre of national center & wearing the flip-flop negative momentum

* Amassing debating & knowledge points & spin/command points etc

After doing this you just set to 7 days/turn and hit auto-spin. With a few tweaks I just kept rolling as Tulsi Gabbard 2020 (a near-to-bottom-tier candidate) +WITHOUT EVEN SPENDING ON ADS OR CAMPAIGNING OR FUNDRAISING OR GROUND/TARGETTING Tulsi won 52/48 against Trump. I was on Medium difficulty + doing above all my opponents except 2 dropped out in Feb after being reamed by the end of the winter. I played primaries June 10 2019 + which of course gave me the time to do this.

I love the way game incorporates the elements, but it does not seem to have been play-tested much & has a serious game balance problem that means it is not really a challenge if you play in the above way.  Sure, it is harder to win if you carefully match your opponents moves (and not amassing personal attributes at the beginning), but it should not be possible to win the lazy way as described.

IMHO the game needs to limit how much of a spin/command point advantage even a crap candidate can gain initially, as it should not be this easy to win in this way.

I tried an early run-through as Bloomberg 2020, and as he has tons more money than the others you could expand the number of states you can set up as an early base/springboard thru ad buys.  Though he also has low stamina, so to campaign effectively you'd need to build up his Command points earlier so he doesn't have to rest as much to recover from hitting the road.

Like I mentioned earlier, best to really avoid ad-buys early in the primary season, as even for Moneybags Bloomberg, placing TV ads widely/frequently early can seriously dent your cash for little result.. Any early 'purchased' momentum will be be ground into dust by your opponents spinning against you and them winning early debates (giving them momentum). Best to splash the cash closer to the primaries AFTER you have built up Bloomberg's debating and knowledge  skills - otherwise you'll lose significant momentum by screwing up in the debates (as happened to the real Bloomberg!).

I think I'll deal with the game balance problem by setting a 'house rule' for myself and keeping not too far ahead of my best opponent's Command points and other skill points etc., but like I said it's pretty easy to win even as a weak candidate by doing nothing (even losing first few debates) but stockpiling attribute points.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:39 AM, Paul T said:

I tried an early run-through as Bloomberg 2020, and as he has tons more money than the others you could expand the number of states you can set up as an early base/springboard thru ad buys.  Though he also has low stamina, so to campaign effectively you'd need to build up his Command points earlier so he doesn't have to rest as much to recover from hitting the road.

Like I mentioned earlier, best to really avoid ad-buys early in the primary season, as even for Moneybags Bloomberg, placing TV ads widely/frequently early can seriously dent your cash for little result.. Any early 'purchased' momentum will be be ground into dust by your opponents spinning against you and them winning early debates (giving them momentum). Best to splash the cash closer to the primaries AFTER you have built up Bloomberg's debating and knowledge  skills - otherwise you'll lose significant momentum by screwing up in the debates (as happened to the real Bloomberg!).

I think I'll deal with the game balance problem by setting a 'house rule' for myself and keeping not too far ahead of my best opponent's Command points and other skill points etc., but like I said it's pretty easy to win even as a weak candidate by doing nothing (even losing first few debates) but stockpiling attribute points.

I've won with him in 2020 as a Democrat. I'm talking about 2016 where hes an indie. I was able to win California and get 10% of the national vote last night. Forced the election winner to be voted on by congress. So far that is my most successful 3rd party run.