270soft Forum

Biden Cabinet Draft  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a fantasy football style draft in which people would draft VP, cabinet for Biden and then we can compare and see who has amassed the best cabinet

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so, given that this poll received lots of support,

@Actinguy@vcczar@Rodja@MrPrez@MysteryKnight@Conservative Elector 2@Herbert Hoover@Sunnymentoaddict@TheMiddlePolitical@Reagan04@lolandrewlmao

and anyone else who wants to participate,

please state if you want to take part in this,

signups close in 48 hours,

Sure.

I do!

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 7:05 AM, ALiteralNeoliberal said:

I thought of this cool idea and was wondering if the interest was there 

I have no idea how a "fantasy football style draft," works, or how football applies to Cabinet picks, to be honest. Could you please explain?

1 hour ago, Patine said:

I have no idea how a "fantasy football style draft," works, or how football applies to Cabinet picks, to be honest. Could you please explain?

I'll leave it to @ALiteralNeoliberal to describe exactly how he plans to run it, but I imagine it would go similar to this (in which political analysts used a draft to try to guess who the Democrat nominee would be -- before any of the Democrats had actually declared yet.

Biden was the 5th overall pick, at the top of the second round.   Behind Bernie, Kamala, Tammy Baldwin, and Gillibrand

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/its-time-for-a-new-2020-democratic-primary-draft/

1 minute ago, Actinguy said:

I'll leave it to @ALiteralNeoliberal to describe exactly how he plans to run it, but I imagine it would go similar to this (in which political analysts used a draft to try to guess who the Democrat nominee would be -- before any of the Democrats had actually declared yet.

Biden was the 5th overall pick, at the top of the second round.   Behind Bernie, Kamala, Tammy Baldwin, and Gillibrand

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/its-time-for-a-new-2020-democratic-primary-draft/

I'll have to sort through the "chatter," on this site you've linked in a few hours, but thank-you for this.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'll have to sort through the "chatter," on this site you've linked in a few hours, but thank-you for this.

If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you can see their picks in  a chart.  Just keep in mind they did a "snake" draft, which means the person who picked last in the first round picks first in the second round, etc.

7 hours ago, ALiteralNeoliberal said:

Ok, so, given that this poll received lots of support,

@Actinguy@vcczar@Rodja@MrPrez@MysteryKnight@Conservative Elector 2@Herbert Hoover@Sunnymentoaddict@TheMiddlePolitical@Reagan04@lolandrewlmao

and anyone else who wants to participate,

please state if you want to take part in this,

signups close in 48 hours,

I don't have time, but thanks 

Well,

We can do it two ways,

A. We each pick a cabinet, points for which picks you get that are correct

B. We go with an idea I had, where in a snake draft, like a fantasy football draft, we would go around, arching person picking one pick for their draft, and by the end people will have some crazy cabinets given that no person has the same cabinet,

we would just go around, with each person picking one cabinet choice before the next person is up,

B