270soft Forum

State of the Race: 98 Days Left

98 Days Poll  

23 members have voted

1. 1. See my first comment in the thread: If the election were held today, who would win? (I will ask this question every day until election)

2. 2. Trump's approval is 40.1% on average. What does it need to be for him to be the likley winner in November?

• A pathetic approval rate like 40.1% or lower doesn't matter. He's still be the likely winner in November.
    • 42%
    • 43% (This is probably his average approval for his presidency)
    • 44% (This is his usual approval when it is high)
    • 45% (This is the highest average approval he's ever had)
    • 46%
    • 47% (Obama's approval at this time in 2012, was in the low 50s on election day)
    • 48% (Bush II's approval at this time in 2004 -- was about 50 exactly on election day)
    • 49%
    • 50% or higher
  3. 3. For Trump, is the 55.8% Disapproval rating more damaging than his 40.1% Approval Rating. That is, is it more important to pay attention to the disapproval rating?

• Yes, this increasing is more important than approval decreasing.
    • They're equally important or unimportant.
  4. 4. Trump is the first president to never throw out the ceremonial first pitch in baseball. Why is this the case after 4 years?

• He doesn't want to get boo'd like he did when he spectated the World Series.
    • He's afraid he won't be able to throw the ball as well or as far as he wants.
    • He might think the pitcher's mound is dirty.
    • This year there's Covid, and he likely had other valid excuses before.
    • Other (mention below)
  5. 5. There are videos of high winds blowing down party of Trump's Mexico Border. What are your thoughts on this? Check all that apply.

• This is symbolic of Trump's campaign and presidency.
    • Trump's wall was likely just symbolic, so he purchased cheap material to get a quick wall up to create an appearance of an accomplishment.
    • Trump's wall is not just symbolic, but he probably went for material that reduced costs and get the wall up quickly.
    • This isn't Trump's fault. The builders were probably incompetent.
    • This isn't Trump's fault. Congress should have allocated funds for better, stronger material.
    • This is fake news! That was not Trump's border wall falling down.
    • It was just a fluke accident. Almost everything has a probability of falling in a hurricane. Even if the chance is almost zero, it can happen.
    • If the entire Trump wall is this flimsy, Biden should just pull the whole thing down over a weekend.
    • Other

You're cherry picking words.  Listen to the entire conversation.  Those words are not said in a vacuum.  

I'm actually perfectly comfortable placing this level of moral purity for the White House.  Especially, when we actually have the recording.  I have absolutely no qualms about holding people to the "Don't grab them by the pussy" standard.

18 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

You're cherry picking words.  Listen to the entire conversation.  Those words are not said in a vacuum.  

I'm actually perfectly comfortable placing this level of moral purity for the White House.  Especially, when we actually have the recording.  I have absolutely no qualms about holding people to the "Don't grab them by the pussy" standard.

Those words were not said in a vacuum, however they are reported so. In other words, all those protest signs and quotes by left wing media ONLY have the "pussy" part so you can't have it both ways. The narrative is that "Trump grabs them by the pussy" which is clearly NOT true from that quote. The immediate quote is the most important part. Kind of like "I did not have sexual relations with 'THAT WOMAN'."

Ok, let's talk about the moral purity test:

• Barack Obama has had long associations with the Muslim Brotherhood, anti-American anarchists like Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, communist Frank Marshal Davis, Mr. "God Damn America" Reverend Wright. Pictures taken him and Louis Farrakhan conveniently hidden during his Presidential run.
  • Bill Clinton... do we really need to go there? Serial philanderer, affairs in the Oval Office, credible accusations of sexual assault and rape?
  • Jimmy Carter having "lust in his heart" for other women.
  • FDR & JFK, for whom maritial fidelity was a bit of a foreign concept.
  • LBJ, "I'll have those n*****s voting Democrat for the next 200 years... they're getting a bit too uppity these days."
  • Robert Byrd, an ACTUAL KKK LEADER who as recently as his death 10 years ago was held up as the "conscience of the Senate" by the Clintons and Obama.

All of these people including segregationist, racist, and KKK enabler Woodrow Wilson have been LIONIZED by the left and held up as heroes.

Now I would agree that few of these are enough to disqualify anyone from the White House. I couldn't care less what a President does outside of the Oval Office, before or after his Presidency, as long as he is governing well. I never cared about the Lewinsky affair (though I was a Democrat at the time) but if you really want to go there and make sure we've got nothing but Boy Scouts in the Oval Office, we may as well posthumously impeach almost every President since Herbert Hoover. Again this is nothing more than selective cherry picking of events. The ones that embarrass Republicans are replayed on CNN every night for decades, the ones that look bad for Democrats get swept under the rug.

So pick a standard and stick with it.

And while we're on the subject, if everything from our checkered past is now to be shamed, torn down, or ostracized, dredged up... why don't we take Congressman Gohmert's advice and abolish the Democrat Party? Every slave owner, every segregationist, every prominent KKK member and racist Dixiecrats were all Democrats, including the "lion of the senate" Robert Byrd as recently as 10 years ago being praised by the Democrats. So I don't want to hear a single thing about Republicans being racist or implied that Democrats are models of morality, when in fact, as last week's sham of a hearing with Bill Barr prove, they are anything but.