270soft Forum

4 hours ago, The Blood said:

The end of the first turn is hereby delayed for 24 hours to allow for everyone to finish their events and for those who have not started working on them. 

As a note: I will be busy the next couple of days, so though I'll still be able to effectively moderate and run the RP, I would like to request a couple of things just to keep things moving smoothly. Firstly, please ask for endorsements in one go. It works a lot better for me if I can approve all of your requested endorsements in one go. Next, try and request your endorsements as early as you can in the day. That way, you won't miss out on your endorsements for a turn because I wasn't able to approve your's in time. Finally, just keep making great events and excellent Role-playing. 

Do I PM you to request endorsements?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

September 15th Race and Polling Updates: Race updates: The most important piece of news coming out of this week was the possible launch of a candidacy for President from Representative Dan Crensh

Meta: I am alive! I am sorry for all of the delays which occurred over the past couple of days. As I mentioned, I was busy during this period, though I did not expect to be pulled away from this RP in

Cenk Uygur confirms rumors about a presidential run, announces Cenk 2024 with the slogan "The Home of Progressives"  on a livestream of The Young Turks.   "Alright, so as you guys probably k

Posted Images

Paul Ryan Campaign Kickoff

Hello fellow Americans and members of the media. Today, I am announcing my campaign for the presidency. After these past four years, I have realized something. We do not need another celebrity for the presidency. We do not need another tweet-storming, unprepared, brash celebrity for the presidency. The presidency is a job of honor, a job of respect, and a job of decency. And when I am president, I promise you that I will restore order, respect, and decency back to the White House. 

Ryan campaigns in Iowa

Paul Ryan campaigned in Iowa earlier today and slammed Curt Schilling. Here what he had to say. 

“Well, personally, I think that Curt Schilling is just a racist whose brain is backwards. He talks about bleephole countries and that America is becoming a communist country, that’s ridiculous. Mexicans and Hispanics take jobs Americans would never want or take if it was the only job even available. We need to be respectful of Hispanics and all other races. We need a new type of conservatism, not the angry, race-baiting conservatism, but conservatism that is inclusive, conservatism that is not angry, but compassionate. 

Paul Ryan 

• Haha 1

The Courier-Journal: Rand Paul Town Hall today in Louisville ends with endorsement from father Ron Paul

rand-paul-ron-paul2.thumb.jpg.de47fbc8e8d6bbf2d6d30c7a02d68a66.jpg

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul and father, Fmr. Representive Ron Paul at Townhall in Louisville, Kentucky

By: Morgan Watkins

A previously-scheduled Town Hall in the city of Louisville, Kentucky has faced a shake-up in the past few hours. Rand Paul, the junior Senator from Kentucky has announced via social media his plans to launch an exploratory committee on a possible run for United States president through both the Republican and Libertarian party's. A self-described "constitutional-conservative" and "libertarian conservative", the belief is that Rand believes he can pull not just from moderate lanes with past positions on marijuana legalization, restoring voting rights to felons, abolishing of minimum mandatory sentences and his anti-war views while also from the radical lane with policies of auditing the Federal Reserve,  opposition to abortion unless in individual cases involving harm to the mother and a belief that healthcare should only be handled by the private sector. 

Senator Paul's father, Ron Paul, once regarded the "intellectual godfather" of the Tea Party movement as well as an icon in Libertarian politics, joined his son today in Louisville. Representative Paul had been booked to the event months before it took place as a way of attracting possible Libertarian voters to listen to his son, Rand, speak and judging by turnout that is exactly what happened. Talking to attendees, the vibe in the room was more placed towards the excitement of seeing Ron Paul, now aged 88, speak to the audience and when asked, many had heard about Senator Paul's formation of an exploratory committee.

The Town Hall meeting ran just over two hours in length and the audience seemed attentive to Rand Paul's answers. He faced questions on his positions on the Federal Reserve, healthcare, gun control, abortion, US involvement in foreign wars and obviously, his possible presidential run as well. Youth, wearing badges that indicated involvement in the Libertarian Party seemed bountiful in the audience, though, from the questions Paul received from them, it seemed like they weren't here to support him. Forty minutes after the Town Hall meeting had started, a young woman was given the opportunity to speak. "Senator Paul, you say that you believe you are the best choice for this now-broken nation. We have experienced eight years of Republican leadership, we had riots in the streets, private businesses being destroyed and broken into, children in cages alongside the border and to add insult to injury, the country is in huge debt, we are spending more money than ever and not looking at avenues of marijuana legalization. You have spent eight years enabling this presidency, why would anyone want to vote for you?" 

Sen. Paul sat and seemed to listen to the woman before processing her rather arrow-like question. "I understand your concerns. I really do. You have grew up in a turbulent period, probably more turbulent than most generations. You make a point that I enabled this presidency, yes, I was a member of the party that supported him, this is true but my support was never behind President Trump in the way you seem to believe. I am coming out of the woodwork to say that if I run, I will be the candidate against the politics of Donald Trump. In 2020, my support was behind him because there was no other choice, did you see Jo Jorgenson polling at 11% like you see the Libertarian Party polling now? No. I did not like Joe Biden and I do not like Donald Trump. I did not like Joe Biden more. My hands were tied and I still believed in incremental progress towards a true capitalist society. Now, I believe progress is stagnant and has been for eight years, a small-government Donald Trump that I had hoped for was not what was delivered. Everything you said, the riots in the street, I opposed, I attempted to push legalization, not to shut down civil rights protesters but to give them a reason to believe the people they elect listen, when Donald Trump was peddling hatred, I expanded anti-lynching laws, helped author bills supporting the end of no-knock warrants and demilitarized of police, you say we are not looking at avenues of marijuana legalization, I was the first senator to push the CARERS act in 2015 supporting federal legalization of medical marijuana and now I am supporting full recreational legalization, you say children in cages, who was one of the only senators to attempt to give illegal immigrants a path to a visa? I defied my party. I voted against giving Trump money to throw those children in cages. I am not like Donald Trump and for anyone who believes I am, I encourage you to look on my website, RandforAmerica.Com to see my opinions on the issues."

A rather notable excerpt from a night of like-minded questions of either naysayers or confused voters and in some cases, supporters who just want to know why. When asked why he is considering a run for both tickets, Rand responded "Have you seen the polls? No seriously, have you seen the polling for this presidential election? The Democrats will walk into a landslide and it is because there is no unity on the right. I believe it is time for the GOP and Libertarian party's to enter a coalition, in seats where Libertarians are polling higher than the Republican candidate, I will endorse the Libertarian candidate and I will encourage my party to drop their candidate and fully back the Libertarian. I support an end to the duology in politics and I believe we can do it in a way that stops depriving people of a choice for healthcare, from putting our country a bigger deficit and from engaging in foreign wars not crucial to national defense." An interesting proposal offered that seemed to get nods of approval when we asked the audience following the meeting. 

Towards the end of the Town hall, Paul was asked his opinion on his possible opponents in both primary contests. "Well. I can say that I am not an aggressive politician, I am not for the smack talk and the gossiping on other candidates, fighting with insults and belittling. Paul Ryan is a friend of mine and I know him from his days as an elected politician in the House of Representatives. He pushed many bills I went forward to vote Aye on but we do disagree on some crucial issues, he has a history of opposing same-sex marriage, I believe the government should stay out of your bedroom, I believe we should privatize marriage, he once said we need to ban flag-burning, should we really support someone that wants to limit first-amendment rights? And there is a lot of news about Curt Schilling. If you heard me speak about Trump at all this entire town hall meeting then you should know my opinion on him. For the Libertarian Party nomination, that will be hard-fought if I run. Justin Amash was a great representative and he spoke up at a time when no one else wanted to. Bill Weld I know very well from both my father and from my interactions with him. He would also be a fantastic nominee for President to speak for the people. I will not speak more on this until my decision is final. These are not my opponents, these are fellow politicians and Libertarians."

In closing statements, Rand referred solely to his father and did not speak. Ron Paul was prolific throughout the entire town hall and had a multitude of questions directed at him including a left-wing youth attending the University of Louisville who asked him why he wanted poor people to have no rights. The two had a heated exchange until the audience boo'd her out of the room and security picked her up. Ron Paul spoke on his history as a Libertarian, his willingness to fight against a system that would rather accept money from a big arms company pushing the military-industrial complex than not send our soldiers to fight in more wars and how he has always been a proponent for less government, less taxes and less spending. He ended with a full endorsement of his son Rand, promising he will "continue my legacy" if he decides to run.

Sources report that Paul was decide within 30 days if he will run for President and is awaiting polling to make a final decision.

(sorry for the long post, its my day off and I'm bored lol)

Former Marine fighter pilot and Democratic Nominee for the senate race in Kentucky in 2020 Amy McGrath endorses Andrew Cuomo for President of the United States

Amy McGrath endorses Andrew Cuomo for President of the United States. In a post she posted on Twitter, she wrote: "Our nation urgently needs a president who unites us all. I think Andrew Cuomo is the best person to do this big job. So I endorse Andrew Cuomo for the President of the United States of America."

Kim Reynolds and other Iowa politicians endorse Paul Ryan

"Today, me (Kim Reynolds), Adam Gregg, my lieutenant governor, and Randy Feenstra, one of our great Iowa State Senators, are endorsing Paul Ryan for President. You see, this country needs strong leadership. We need somebody who is going to keep American jobs in America, but also to bring decency and respect to the White House. Paul Ryan is somebody who was born, raised, and lived on American ideals and will bring and restore American ideals to the White House. Paul Ryan is the right vote for Iowa and for America."

Prominent New Age  Author endorses Williamson

I'm Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson has been a very close friend of mine for the last 20 or more years. I supported Marianne in 2020, and I am proud to support her again in 2024.  I support her candidacy for president because I feel that our politics right now is corrupted. Our politics is polluted by cronyism, power mongering, influence peddling corruption, and it is polluted by big money. Marianne is the only candidate who understands consciousness as a fundamental expression of life and consciousness.  Consciousness influences everything that happens in our ecosystem whether it's politics, corporations, the military-industrial complex or the way people corrupt politics through big money. If you vote for Marianne you're voting for higher consciousness and you're voting for peace, social justice, economic justice, sustainability health, and well-being so please vote for love. Vote Marianne! Make America Love!

alan1.jpg

Austin Petersen endorses Rep. Justin Amash for President at the MOLP HQ in Jefferson City, Missouri; announces Senate bid (Free Event)

image.png.fa1b4c981a7b985622005b6407994fb6.png

2016 candidate for the Libertarian nomination Austin Petersen took the stage at a gathering of Libertarian Party members and those interested in the Amash for America campaign to endorse the former Michigan Congress in his bid for the Libertarian nomination. Petersen, a libertarian leader, has been announced as the coordinator for Amash's efforts in the Missouri Libertarian primary and was received warmly outside the headquarters of the state party in Jefferson City where Petersen urged both life-long Libertarians and the new converts that are quickly bolstering Libertarian polling into the double digits nationally. The Amash campaign has been looking to win the Libertarian nomiantion on the back of committed Libertarians like Petersen while expanding the broad appeal of the party away from its traditionally white base of life-long Libertarians. Petersen's speech took aim at the Republican Party and highlighted Amash's Libertarian credentials. Petersen made the following remarks:

"Now I know that there has been a lot of fighting within the Republican Party. But I think it's safe to say at this point that the battle has been lost. It's a tough loss to accept but we must accept it. Justin is right when he says that the GOP has totally turned its back on liberty and justice for all. That simply isn't their message anymore. One musn't look any further than the past 8 years of covering up for the corruption, lies, deceit, authoritarianism, and incompetence of Donald Trump than to understand that career Republican politicians sold their morals down stream when they elected him to a second term. Just look as Missouri's own Senator, Josh Hawley. I ran against him in the Republican Primary and as we know, lost. He has proceeded to support using big government to crack down on economic freedoms, he has turned a blind eye to racial injustice in this country, he has stepped all over the Constitution, and when the President asked a foreign power to interefere in the 2020 election or when the President informed Senate Republicans that if they needed a reason to declare war on Iran they'd "think of something" he simply rolled over and refused to protect the people of Missouri. Justin and I, we're different. Justin proudly declared independence from the party that has covered up this deeply corrupt, incompetent, and authoritarian President and I was proud to watch Justin vote to hold him accountable for when he attempted to solicit Ukrainian aid in his floundering re-election bid. The Trump President and all the Republicans in Congress that protected and enabled him are forever tainted. Justin isn't. He has stood lock-step against government spying, against increased gun control, and against basic civil rights and constitutional liberties violations. We don't need four more years of a Trump follower, we need four years of an active President for liberty. And I am proud to announce now that I will be challenging Josh Hawley for the United States Senate so that I can join Justin in Washington and help him deliver Liberty and Justice for all!"

Later, when asked if his comments deriding Congressional Republicans were at all aimed at Senator Rand Paul, considering a run for the Libertarian nomination, Petersen replied to the crowd member: 

"Look, I have admired and respected the Pauls for a long time. Ron Paul is the reason I got involved in politics. But I think if Rand Paul wants to stradle the line, he's got another thing coming. I think if he still believes that the party of Trump is salveagable he's fundamentally misunderstood this moment. The momentum for liberty in this country is not compatible with the party of Trump. Donald Trump has remade the Republican Party and millions of Americans are fleeing to the Libertarian Party as a result. Now, we have a real opportunity to shift the political power in Washington. Now, we can break the two-party system by electing a Libertarian President and libertarian members of Congress alongside him. We can actually deliver results for people and not special interest or big government and big business cooperatives. Now is the time for change and we can't affect change by shackling ourselves to the ghost of Trump and his bigotry and incompetence. The bottom line is: the only courageous warrior for Liberty and Justice for All Americans who is proven and ready to be President is Justin Amash."

Petersen's comments were well-received by the crowd and he is considered a frontrunner for the Libertarian nomination for the Missouri Senate seat. Amash was not able to attend the rally as he was en route to a larger rally tonight in Miami.

Rep. Justin Amash (L-MI) and Mayor Francis X. Suarez (R-FL) hold a rally in Miami, Florida kicking off the Amash for America -  Florida campaign; talks immigration

Amash: Hello Miami! It is great to be here tonight. It's a warm fall day in Miami and I can feel the passion radiating off the ocean and radiating off the people. The people of Miami, the people of Florida. You are all ready for a change and I can feel it! Tonight, thousands of Floridians of every color have swarmed into this auditorium to hear about change. It's a change that's long overdue but I am not the only agent of this change. It is all of the people here that will be able to deliver it. It's the politicians like myself and Mayor Suarez that do your work and your will and seek to overturn the reign of big government and powerful career politicians. I think it's easy to see that over the past 8 years this control of career politicians in the swamp, as it's called, has only gotten worse. President Trump has pardoned his criminal friends, committed crimes himself, covered up said crimes, then gotten his Republican friends in Congress to absolve him of all his sins. If you're like me or my parents, you may be a refugee or the child of a refugee of a land dominated by tyranny. For many of you, that land was Cuba. For my parents, that land was Syria. They were religious refugees, seeking refuge from the persecution of Christians in Syria and Palestine. Like so many of you they did what they did not just for themselves but in the name of their children and their grandchildren.

Now, that party which once welcomed us refugees and the descendants of refugees has turned its back on us. They have cast us out. Called us rapists, drug dealers, terrorists, every insult and slur under the sun made to make us look "other." But we're not other. Hell no, we're not other. We ARE America!

*Crowd goes wild*

On Day one my adminstration will begin to restore that vision of America that was promised to so many refugees of Communism and of Theocracy and of Fascism and of any stripe of tyranny. We will make it easier for refugees to come to this nation, we will incentivize immigrants into our proud and strong nation, and we will rebuild the opportunity for every immigrant and every refugee to have access to the free markets that have made this nation great. There is so much to be done in the name of reclaiming America. There is much to be done in finally fulfillinf our founding promise of Liberty and Justice for all. But I know, that together, we can and we will make that a reality. Now, I'd like to introduce to you a friend of mine that you know well, your Mayor, Francis Suarex!

*Crowd cheers again*

Suarez: Thank you Miami! It is great to be here. As many of you know, I have served two rewarding terms as your Mayor. Together, we have rebuilt this city and we have come together as a community. As many more of you know my family of Cuban refugees have been life-long Republicans. But what may come as a shock is that while I am a Republican, the Republican party as we know it is gone. That is why I am proud to endorse the man who you just heard articulate the vision for America that I believe in. A vision of Liberty and Justice for all. That man is Congressman Justin Amash! Congressman Amash reached out to me because our stories are similar. His parents fled the Middle East, mine fled Cuba. His parents became successful businesspeople, my dad served as your Mayor before me. Our families have turned adversity into strength. We have embraced our diversity and the freedoms this nation offers and we have made America stronger. The Republican Party which we know, which would embrace that diversity, is gone. If we want real change in Washington we cannot reward the bad behaviors of Democrats or Republicans. We can neither install the Socialism we have fled nor deny others from accessing the Free Markets we aim to protect. This is a false choice and it is a dangerous one.

The only way forward for America is through electing Justin Amash President of the United States! We must come together, people of all political affiliations, religions, and races. All lovers of Liberty and Justice who wish to see those values spread equally and fairly. We must all come together to support a shock to Washington's system. That shock is standing next to me. That shock is our next President. That shock is Justin Amash.

God Bless you all and God bless Miami!

Amash and Suarez would continue to mingle with the crowd and discuss strategy. Suarez will serve as Director of Hispanic Outreach for the Amash Campaign and advise them on Immigration matters.

I do not want to give the impression that I am uninterested in maintaining a strong schedule for this RP. I do, however, I also want to make sure that everyone who is able to can launch their campaigns or exploratory committees. That is why I am giving everyone who has not(and has not given fair messaging as to why) one more day until 12 A.M EST tomorrow mornig to launch their campaigns. This time can also be used for other candidates to finish their events. Thank you.

Andrew Cuomo campaigns in Sioux City, Iowa

Today Andrew Cuomo met with a few voters in Sioux City to convince them to vote for him. Many of the voters felt that Andrew Cuomo was very good at answering the important issues.

Cenk Uygur goes to Palmdale, California for his first rally (A kick-off, you could say)

"In 2020, I ran for California 25, hoping to represent this city, Northern LA and the little slither of Ventura Country, I failed sadly but It was worth it and I was glad I did it. But of course I went back to the TYT studio and continued our show. Then, Bernie dropped out and that changed everything. We now had a choice between a man with senile dementia or a racist, xenopobe, Islamophobe, and much more terms that I could go into. I knew that Trump was gonna win but I still held onto hope that maybe, just maybe Biden could win. But election day came and of course Trump won re-election. 3 years later, look at America now. 8 years of Trump has ruined our country, and our image abroad. We have people dying on the streets because they can't afford medical care, A Climate Crisis that we sadly might be too late to solve, racial tensions at an all time high, people going homeless because they can't get a job, America is in crisis and nobody is standing up to try and stop this mess! Well guess what America! The person that will is right here!"

"Now progressives, we have been outcasted and shunned for too long! The establishment media might try to silence us, the DNC might collude to try and stop me but I will make sure to fight back to expose the corruption that has plagued the American political system! It has been made clear that establishment politics don't work anymore, and that has been proven in the 2016 and 2020 elections. If we want to bring back America and make it prosper once again, we need real change and progressive policies that will work for everybody, From the immigrant seeking the American Dream, a regular working class family struggling to make ends meet, the children of parents to came to this country to seek a better life, and even the well-off. We need a coalition of not only working class people, but from the poor, people of color scared of prosecution because of their race, people in the LGBTQ community, people who want real reform and to change the American political system for once and for all! Progressives, rise up and help our campaign fight for real justice! This means Medical for all, tuition free college, canceling all student loan debt, fixing our broken justice system, welcoming immigrants and embracing them, a federal jobs guarantee, free and fair elections, and much, much more."

"We need a president that can heal a fractured America and bring it back on its feet. A movement that strives for economic, racial, social and environmental justice for all. A America that is welcoming, A America that stands up to the CEO's and their corporations, A America to stands up the corruption and fixing the system, A America for all. I am running for president for a reason, to bring hope to the millions who are scared. I am living in America for a reason, to help this destroyed nation get back on its feet. This campaign is the home for progressives but that does not mean it is exclusively for them. Our campaign is for everyone to be in. Donate, volunteer, do whatever it takes to help us get further. It is time to break through the lies of the establishment media and directly attack the corruption that has plagued our political system. This is us, and this is why I'm here."  

The first turn will officially end at 12 AM EST, and the second turn will begin. I will have polling updates out sometime tomorrow.

Paul makes a campaign stop in New Hampshire, seeks to gauge local support

Senator Rand Paul has made a campaign stop today in New Hampshire as his exploratory committee is still making a decision on a potential presidential run. The rally, held in Manchester, New Hampshire in a conventional hall, was a rousing success with a good turnout, succeeding Paul's expectations.

The focus of the rally, which was on healthcare featured a long section of the speech being dedicated to drug abuse, something that is destroying otherwise suburban-middle class white New Hampshire households. Paul made a point on his plans for the healthcare system, how he will stop these drugs being readily acquired by teenagers and other mental health suffering adults and his plan to legalize drugs such as marijuana which he hopes will serve as a good substitute for opiates. An excerpt from Paul's speech reads "A large issue facing not just this country but specifically New Hampshire is drug abuse. These drugs are given to children, teenagers and adults not by drug dealers or family and friends but family doctors that you spend your own hard earned money seeing and seeking advice. I believe the biggest way to stop our country's fast growing opiate crisis is broad legalization of soft drugs, marijuana and psychedelics. I will also look into party drugs such as MDMA being more welcomed by states to make their own choices on. The truth of the matter is that whilst I am a conservative, I am also a Libertarian. Drug use is a civil liberty to conduct yourself in but that does not mean my government will sit back and allow opiates to be abused, we will just seek other avenues to help victims of this crisis. We will give them other choices, we will expand resources put towards mental health, we will fund programs that look for better alternatives to drugs like Methadone. This is an important issue to me, as much as it is to you."

Paul, a long-time supporter of cannabis reform, has moved more towards the liberal side for civil liberties following the opening of his exploratory committee. The promise of looking into legalization of psychedelics like LSD and Mushrooms is a new one, previously saying he had no comment on the matter the last time it was raised to him in 2020, four years ago.

I am sorry for the lack of polling today. As I mentioned, I have been busy the past couple of days, however tomorrow will be the last day in this period of my absence as a fully attentive DM. I do not believe that I will be able to release polling tonight, so stay tuned for tomorrow. The second turn is prolonged until 12 AM EST on Monday morning,

Meta: I am alive! I am sorry for all of the delays which occurred over the past couple of days. As I mentioned, I was busy during this period, though I did not expect to be pulled away from this RP in the way that I was. Well, I am back, and can once again devote a strong amount of time to this RP for the foreseeable future. Without further delay, polling and race updates are here!

September 8th Race and Polling Updates:

Campaign Kickoffs: Though the candidacies of Kanye West, AOC, and Joe Kennedy III are still in doubt, over the timeframe of a week countless candidates have formed exploratory committees or have formally declared their runs for the Presidency. Among these, a strong few appear to already begin making splashes on the trail and in the media. On the Democratic side, in the absence of a declaration from AOC, Cenk Uygur, long expected to flop in the Primary, has held his ground in polling and pulled off a strong launch to his campaign in part off the back of Justice Democrats. Meanwhile, Marianne Williamson pulled off an average and sound launch to her campaign, creating tension in polling between her and Uygur, as the possibility of AOC skipping out on a run has left the both of them in competition for the mantel of the progressive champion in 2024. Cuomo performed what many considered to be a quiet and uneventful launch, however, he remains the clear frontrunner in an unclear and forever shifting race. Northam, for all he could have provided, gave a quiet launch, likely doing little to help himself beyond what his default would have been in national and early state polling. Joe Kennedy III, much like AOC, is expected to run but has not yet made any definitive step towards a run. Gillibrand, after being widely expected to run, made it clear in a statement to major media networks that she was not going to attempt a run. On the Libertarian side, Justin Amash has rapidly consolidated his position as the frontrunner in the race, both firming up his position in the race and strengthening awareness and media coverage of the LP. Bill Weld, meanwhile, failed to make a strong launch, however remains a favorite among moderates in the LP and independents not officially aligned with the LP. The LP race did receive an interesting shakeup, however, with Senator Rand Paul forming an exploratory committee to explore a possible run for the Republican and Libertarian nominations. Despite being outright rejected by some in the LP for his connections to and concessions to Trump over his Presidency, Paul has gathered support in the LP based on his longtime libertarian leanings and beliefs, his status as a US Senator, Ron Paul's endorsement of him, and the strong and active launch to his exploratory committee. His strength, position, and decision to run for both the LP and Republican nominations have all helped the LP's prevalence and attention in national discourse increase. On the Republican side, Paul Ryan is coalescing strength from establishment sources, appealing to moderates mainly while alienating countless populists in the party with his rhetoric. He is on the upswing in Iowa, a state he appears devoted to, though he will be fighting an uphill battle to win in the state if the populists or conservatives in Iowa coalesce around a given candidate. Other than this, he is fairly quiet so far in his run. Kanye West is gaining increased attention, thanks to his silence. Despite being highly touted to run, he has been silent for some time and has let Shilling rise as a strong populist in the race. Shilling has taken up a strong swath of Trump's 2016 and 2020 populist energy, and Paul Ryan's attacks on him have only worked to direct Trump 2016 primary voters to Shilling's campaign as a continuation of Trump's populism and rhetoric. Rand Paul has captured much of his 2016 base and some more in the Republican Primary thanks to his active campaign launch. For the General, Democrats are holding steady, while Shilling's rise has begun to weaken the Republican Party only further. The LP, as mentioned, is rising by the day.

New Democratic Primary Scheduling:

Today, the DNC, in collaboration and communication with various state parties, released to the media and Democratic candidates a new schedule for the Primary season. The most important piece of information was the removal of the Iowa Caucuses as the very first contest, as was highly anticipated and rumored. Iowa, under the new schedule, is being moved to Super Tuesday on March 5th, with New Hampshire becoming the very first contest on February 6th, with a long gap following New Hampshire, leading up to the Nevada Caucus on February 24th, and the South Carolina Primary on February 26th. Meanwhile, the states of New York, Ohio, Georgia, Kentucky, and Wisconsin, with their importance removed in 2020 thanks to COVID-19 and Biden's dominance in the Primary following Super Tuesday, will be moving their primaries to Super Tuesday to regain importance. For the LP and Republican Primaries, little change is expected in their schedules, and the Republican Party seems intent to keep the tradition of the Iowa Caucuses alive, maintaining the state as first in their calendar.

Polling Data: Democratic Field:

Governor Andrew Cuomo: 27% 

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: 20%

Senator Joe Kennedy III: 14%

Ralph Northam: 6%

Marianne Williamson: 3%(Decrease caused by AOC's inclusion)

Cenk Uygur: 3% 

Undecided: 27%

Polling Data: Democratic Field - New Hampshire : 

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: 25%

Governor Andrew Cuomo: 22%

Senator Joe Kennedy III: 19%

Ralph Northam: 5%

Marianne Williamson: 5%

Cenk Uygur: 4% 

Undecided: 20%

Polling Data: Democratic Field - Nevada :

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: 26%

Senator Joe Kennedy III: 12%

Marianne Williamson: 3%

Undecided: 22%

Polling Data: Libertarian Field Version 1: Polling Among Registered Party Members:  

Former Congressman Justin Amash: 50%(Decline caused by Paul's entrance, not because of poor campaigning or any other mistake)

Senator Rand Paul: 27%

Former Governor Bill Weld: 19%

Undecided: 4%

Polling Date: Libertarian Field Version 2: LNC Delegate Poll:

Justin Amash: 44% 

Senator Rand Paul: 32%

Bill Weld: 22% 

Undecided: 2%

Polling Data: Republican Field:  

Former Congressman Paul Ryan: 16%

Kanye West: 13%(Increase thanks to media attention spurred by silence)

Curt Shilling: 10%

Senator Rand Paul 5%

Undecided: 56%  

Polling Data: Republican Field - Iowa:  

Kanye West: 15%

Curt Shilling: 11%

Senator Rand Paul 7%

Undecided: 52%  

Polling Data: Republican Field - New Hampshire:  

Former Congressman Paul Ryan: 17%

Curt Shilling: 13%

Kanye West: 12%

Senator Rand Paul 5%

Undecided: 53%  

General Election Polling(Generic Ballot):  

Democrats: 45%  

Republicans: 34%  

Libertarians: 13%  

Undecided: 8%

• Like 2
12 hours ago, The Blood said:

Meta: I am alive! I am sorry for all of the delays which occurred over the past couple of days. As I mentioned, I was busy during this period, though I did not expect to be pulled away from this RP in the way that I was. Well, I am back, and can once again devote a strong amount of time to this RP for the foreseeable future. Without further delay, polling and race updates are here!

September 8th Race and Polling Updates:

Campaign Kickoffs: Though the candidacies of Kanye West, AOC, and Joe Kennedy III are still in doubt, over the timeframe of a week countless candidates have formed exploratory committees or have formally declared their runs for the Presidency. Among these, a strong few appear to already begin making splashes on the trail and in the media. On the Democratic side, in the absence of a declaration from AOC, Cenk Uygur, long expected to flop in the Primary, has held his ground in polling and pulled off a strong launch to his campaign in part off the back of Justice Democrats. Meanwhile, Marianne Williamson pulled off an average and sound launch to her campaign, creating tension in polling between her and Uygur, as the possibility of AOC skipping out on a run has left the both of them in competition for the mantel of the progressive champion in 2024. Cuomo performed what many considered to be a quiet and uneventful launch, however, he remains the clear frontrunner in an unclear and forever shifting race. Northam, for all he could have provided, gave a quiet launch, likely doing little to help himself beyond what his default would have been in national and early state polling. Joe Kennedy III, much like AOC, is expected to run but has not yet made any definitive step towards a run. Gillibrand, after being widely expected to run, made it clear in a statement to major media networks that she was not going to attempt a run. On the Libertarian side, Justin Amash has rapidly consolidated his position as the frontrunner in the race, both firming up his position in the race and strengthening awareness and media coverage of the LP. Bill Weld, meanwhile, failed to make a strong launch, however remains a favorite among moderates in the LP and independents not officially aligned with the LP. The LP race did receive an interesting shakeup, however, with Senator Rand Paul forming an exploratory committee to explore a possible run for the Republican and Libertarian nominations. Despite being outright rejected by some in the LP for his connections to and concessions to Trump over his Presidency, Paul has gathered support in the LP based on his longtime libertarian leanings and beliefs, his status as a US Senator, Ron Paul's endorsement of him, and the strong and active launch to his exploratory committee. His strength, position, and decision to run for both the LP and Republican nominations have all helped the LP's prevalence and attention in national discourse increase. On the Republican side, Paul Ryan is coalescing strength from establishment sources, appealing to moderates mainly while alienating countless populists in the party with his rhetoric. He is on the upswing in Iowa, a state he appears devoted to, though he will be fighting an uphill battle to win in the state if the populists or conservatives in Iowa coalesce around a given candidate. Other than this, he is fairly quiet so far in his run. Kanye West is gaining increased attention, thanks to his silence. Despite being highly touted to run, he has been silent for some time and has let Shilling rise as a strong populist in the race. Shilling has taken up a strong swath of Trump's 2016 and 2020 populist energy, and Paul Ryan's attacks on him have only worked to direct Trump 2016 primary voters to Shilling's campaign as a continuation of Trump's populism and rhetoric. Rand Paul has captured much of his 2016 base and some more in the Republican Primary thanks to his active campaign launch. For the General, Democrats are holding steady, while Shilling's rise has begun to weaken the Republican Party only further. The LP, as mentioned, is rising by the day.

New Democratic Primary Scheduling:

Today, the DNC, in collaboration and communication with various state parties, released to the media and Democratic candidates a new schedule for the Primary season. The most important piece of information was the removal of the Iowa Caucuses as the very first contest, as was highly anticipated and rumored. Iowa, under the new schedule, is being moved to Super Tuesday on March 5th, with New Hampshire becoming the very first contest on February 6th, with a long gap following New Hampshire, leading up to the Nevada Caucus on February 24th, and the South Carolina Primary on February 26th. Meanwhile, the states of New York, Ohio, Georgia, Kentucky, and Wisconsin, with their importance removed in 2020 thanks to COVID-19 and Biden's dominance in the Primary following Super Tuesday, will be moving their primaries to Super Tuesday to regain importance. For the LP and Republican Primaries, little change is expected in their schedules, and the Republican Party seems intent to keep the tradition of the Iowa Caucuses alive, maintaining the state as first in their calendar.

Polling Data: Democratic Field:

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: 20%

Senator Joe Kennedy III: 14%

Marianne Williamson: 3%(Decrease caused by AOC's inclusion)

Cenk Uygur: 3% 

Undecided: 27%

Polling Data: Democratic Field - New Hampshire : 

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: 25%

Governor Andrew Cuomo: 22%

Senator Joe Kennedy III: 19%

Ralph Northam: 5%

Marianne Williamson: 5%

Undecided: 20%

Polling Data: Democratic Field - Nevada :

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez: 26%

Senator Joe Kennedy III: 12%

Marianne Williamson: 3%

Undecided: 22%

Polling Data: Libertarian Field Version 1: Polling Among Registered Party Members:  

Former Congressman Justin Amash: 50%(Decline caused by Paul's entrance, not because of poor campaigning or any other mistake)

Senator Rand Paul: 27%

Former Governor Bill Weld: 19%

Undecided: 4%

Polling Date: Libertarian Field Version 2: LNC Delegate Poll:

Justin Amash: 44% 

Senator Rand Paul: 32%

Bill Weld: 22% 

Undecided: 2%

Polling Data: Republican Field:  

Kanye West: 13%(Increase thanks to media attention spurred by silence)

Curt Shilling: 10%

Senator Rand Paul 5%

Undecided: 56%  

Polling Data: Republican Field - Iowa:  

Kanye West: 15%

Curt Shilling: 11%

Senator Rand Paul 7%

Undecided: 52%  

Polling Data: Republican Field - New Hampshire:  

Former Congressman Paul Ryan: 17%

Curt Shilling: 13%

Kanye West: 12%

Senator Rand Paul 5%

Undecided: 53%  

General Election Polling(Generic Ballot):  

Democrats: 45%  

Republicans: 34%  

Libertarians: 13%  

Undecided: 8%

This is really well written 😁 Definitely what I was waiting for. 

Rand Paul officially announces his run for president of the United States in Des Moines, Iowa today

Ron Paul spreads message of liberty for son Rand

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul speaks at Des Moines rally

Rand Paul, the junior senator from Kentucky, has declared his candidacy formally today for both the Republican Party and the Libertarian Party. Sources from his camp have told media that this is due to updated polling showing Paul within distance in the Republican primary with 56% of people undecided and his candidacy possibly viable among LNC delegates. The attendance for the rally was strong with the conventional hall it was held in almost full, a strong start to what is looking to be a fight of a campaign as his opponents both seem to have firmly placed themselves on different sides of the political spectrum, meaning that Paul has to find a perfect middle ground and judging from the rally, that is exactly what he was pursuing.

Calling out both Paul Ryan, Curt Schilling and Kanye West, Rand was aggressive throughout which the attendees seemed to enjoy. "I have much respect for Paul Ryan, a stoic conservative, an old-school GOP lifer and someone who once upon a time, I would have agreed with but the year is 2023 and voters are smarter, we all know about his tenure as speaker of the house. He spoke for cutting taxes and federal spending, he spoke of appealing Obamacare, he spoke of reducing the deficit, so why? After 4 years of Paul Ryan, did the deficit go up? You cannot call yourself a deficit hawk if the federal spending goes up, the deficit goes up and we still have the health industry stagnated by Obamacare. I am here to say, I will be better than Paul Ryan." Senator Paul also had a few words for Curt Schilling and much less for Kanye West "Curt Schilling is riding on the wave of Donald Trump but we all know that Americans don't want Donald Trump. They don't want more government in their bedrooms, they don't want more wars, they don't want more badly negotiated trade agreements that we pretend are good, we don't want children in cages and we don't want issues like human trafficking ignored cause it disproportionately affects the hispanic population. Do you want to know who will be the TRUE justice candidate in this election? Who will really care for crime? I will. I won't ignore the killings in Chicago which we promised to end ten years ago, the fact human trafficking is poised to become bigger than drug trafficking or that somewhere out there, a child is being indoctrinated into a gang because he was raised without male role models or without proper education. That is how we fight crime, we increase education, we help make these inner cities richer and not just the Downtown areas. We don't do what Curt Schilling wants or let him continue Donald Trump's legacy. It is time to admit it doesn't work. I think I have even less to say about Kanye West on this topic, I don't think he even deserves my attention."

Later on in the rally, Senator Paul made few remarks about his Libertarian opponents "Justin Amash endorsed me in 2016, something I was and still am very thankful for. He and I share many views and he is a true Libertarian in my eyes. The same is for Bill Weld. The Libertarian Party is coming out of its shell after so many years in the backseat and unlike the Republican Party, it is not a fight of two ideologies, facing its pending destruction. This Libertarian primary will not be a fight of who is the biggest or who can talk the most smack. It is policy, it is who can be the best for the Libertarian party and I believe I am that. I can put the first Libertarian president in the White House and I can give the Libertarians a working minority in the house to guarantee that in the future, the Republican party must work with the Libertarian Party or face its own end. I will do this by endorsing Libertarian candidates in close congressional races where they are polling higher than the GOP candidate, I will ask the GOP candidate to drop out and with the backing of the RNC, this will undoubtedly happen as I would be the nominee for President and pulling me from the ticket would mean political doom. I can use my own political clout to expand the Libertarian party to viability and this is something I am willing to do all the way."

Rand Paul is also scheduled for a speech today at Sioux City, Iowa, where a surprise guest is expected.

Social media celebrity and podcaster Joe Rogan took to Twitter after the rally to endorse Rand Paul, citing his previous proposal to decriminalize all soft drugs.

download.png.3a1aafa4d527cc784a6e618e40e59592.png

Mitch McConnell endorses Rand Paul during a speech at Sioux City, Iowa on healthcare

Kentucky's odd couple: the symbiotic friendship of Rand Paul and ...

Senator Rand Paul with Mitch McConnell and wife

Following a campaign stop in Des Moines, Iowa today, Rand Paul jetted to Sioux City for a speech on Healthcare. Mitch McConnell, the senator from Kentucky, came out during the speech to make an endorsement for Senator Paul, his junior senator from Kentucky and frequent ally in congress. "I have worked with Senator Rand Paul since 2011. That is 13 years. During this time I have not known a man more dedicated to his values, morals and constituents than this man. He knows what America wants, he works hard for America and I have seen many nights where he would stay behind to make sure he understood the legislation he was voting on. If this man says he wants to privatize healthcare to make sure that you can have wider access to it and it can be at the point of contact, then you best believe him, if this man says he is going to fix our tax system, he is going to look into the IRS and federal reserve, you best believe him, if this man is going to fix this country and give us a true conservative president who fights for our values, I would trust him over any other candidate. I can say with complete utmost confidence, there is no one better in this field than Rand Paul and I mean that."

Curt Schilling hits back at Paul Ryan while in Sioux City, Iowa.

"Paul Ryan claims he's a Republican, but from all I've heard, he's just another RINO who joins the chorus of anti-American whiners, who call anyone who even questions their leftist dogma, that says unlimited immigration is a good thing, that America should feel ashamed of it's history, and culture, and that the traditional families structure should be treated with scorn, a racist. Well Paul Ryan, I'll tell you this, it is not racist to oppose immigration. It is not backwards to love living in a prosperous country, and if somebody tells you otherwise, that person is an un-American traitor. I will defend the American way of life, from all of it's enemies, even the ones that try, and claim their it's friend. I will bring law, and order back to our streets, and bring our country to a level of prosperity never seen before. Remember these words. Western Civilization is our birthright, it makes all good things possible, but undefended, it collapses. We must fight to preserve it. Nothing matters more than that." 

Curt Schilling outlines his economic program while in Des Moines, Iowa

"America is the greatest country on Earth, but she is facing a crisis. Our economy has been destroyed by Multinational corporations, who care more about the strength of their pocketbook than the strength of America. Now the Socialist left tries to claim that all business owners are the problem, that's not true, small, business, is the heart of American enterprise. When I become president, one of my top priorities will be to break up these huge monopolies, which are strangling the free market, and I ban these awful driverless trucks, that are stealing plenty of good paying jobs, from the American people. I am going to tax the robots, and stop this reckless pursuit of an automated economy. I am going to reform our welfare system, so that it helps those Americans actually in need, instead of illegals, ne'er do wells, and corporate welfare bums. We are going to stop making our taxpayer pick up the slack for these multi billion dollar corporations, like Walmart, and Amazon, who refuse to pay their workers a living wage, despite clearly having more than enough money to do so. I am going to restore the free market, and we are going take our country back, from these billionaire globalists, ruining our country."

Cenk Uygur travels to Des Moines, Iowa for a rally about Health Care

"As we travel through the campaign, we will talk, we will met, we will volunteer, we will donate, and everything we need for a grassroots campaign. One of things that I will always mention is the need for Medicare for All! This is a single-payer, national health insurance program that will provide free, quality healthcare to all Americans. This means no networks, no premiums, no deductibles, no copays, no surprise bills. We have millions of uninsured and underinsured that can not get the care they need to live a fulfilling life. Even people that have it end up going bankrupt because medical bills are so high. Why you may ask? Well when you have big pharmaceutical companies and their lobbyers pouring millions of dollars into Washington telling everybody "Oh, everything is fine! You're worried about nothing." they get away with it. So what we must do is stand up to them and take back the healthcare industry!"

"We need to recognize that getting medical care is a human right and not a privilege! This means taking private health insurance companies out of the equation and having everyone access to the same healthcare. It being quality and the best you could ever ask for! Now let's talk about anything that is important when talking about healthcare, the cost of prescription drugs. Many Americans at this very moment are getting ripped off because of the high cost of prescription drugs in this country. Alright here, Insulin costs around $250 in the vile variety, although diabetics all have different needs, most spend thousands every month. Some are forced to ration their Insulin because they are just unable to afford it. People die on the streets because of this! It's really bad. But this is just an example of how we are getting ripped off every single day! The solution is simple, we have a cap of $200 for all prescription drugs so people can manage to pay for their drugs and we let Medicare negotiate to lower prescription drug prices by passing a law.'

"We need to realize that the regular establishment politics does not work anymore. It has been proven in 2016 and 2020. Voters don't want the same old same old. What we need is someone that can provide bold action and real change in America and I am that guy! The nation we live in is changing and we need to catch up with it fast. So progressive's rise up! Every Democratic voter, young or old, whatever race you are, whatever you identify as, we need to fight back against the corruption that has plagued Washington and put in leaders that are bold and bring action for a better America!"

Gun Owners of America endorse Justin Amash for President

image.png.6cf2ec0ef4096bc6f81dc7d54d3dc402.png

The Gun Rights organization Gun Owners of America has issued their formal endorsement for President of the United States. The GOA issued a statement to their membership that Libertarian candidate former Michigan Congressman Justin Amash is the preferred candidate for President. In the press release the GOA stated,

"The Gun Owners of America have long waited for a candidate for President actually dedicated to the 2nd Amendment. For far too long we have been fed the same lip service by the Republican establishment on Gun Rights and how important they are up until they win election and continue to sign away our rights. No President has exemplified this failure in governance and leadership more than the Republican Incumbent, Donald Trump. It is not just the luminaries in the GOP who have failed us, it is all those who fail to stand up for gun rights and the right to self-determination or the right reasons. Many of our members are former members and now proud Ex-members of the NRA, an organization which has continuously put profit above principle and given up mile after mile of ground to anti-gun forces as long as they can protect their bottom line. The days of the GOP and NRA defining the 2nd amendment and what it means to support gun rights in this country are over. 

Finally, there is a better alternative for all gun owners. There is finally a better alternative for all those who care about the Constitution in full. That alternative cannot lie within the party which has disappointed us for decades. That alternative cannot lie within a party only comfortable with protecting the 2nd amendment for people who look like them. The answer lies in the Libertarian cause. The answer lies with Justin Amash.

We are proud to endorse in full former Congressman Justin Amash for the Libertarian Nomination for President as well as in the general election. Under Congressman Amash's leadership the Libertarian Party looks to be thrust into real contention with the duopoly. Congressman Amash is a proven lion for the Constitution and under his leadership we will have the first actively pro-gun President in recent memory. He is the only candidate with a record of consistent and unconditional support for the 2nd Amendment. It is incumbent upon us to break free of the Republican talking points that have bound us to inaction. Now is the time for radical action and reform. Now is the time to tear down the apparatuses which have prevented Constitutionalists from attaining higher office. Now is the time to elect Justin Amash and a wave of Libertarians with him to Washington.

In Liberty,

Director Erich Pratt"

It has been noted by several journalists that many in the Amash for America campaign or those tied to it have adopted the Libertarian tradition of signing off with "In Liberty". This shift towards libertarian rhetoric and campaigning is more evidence of a major realignment in the American right-wing away from traditional Republican Party dominance and both neoconservatism and social fundamentalism.

When asked for comment, spokesman for the Amash for America campaign Jess Mears said, "The Congressman is incredibly grateful for the support of the GOA and will work tirelessly to uphold the 2nd Amendment rights of all American citizens especially those who have had their rights targeted and taken away. We're glad to have the GOA's support in our fight for Liberty and Justice for all."

Mears declined to comment any further and told the press to follow two rallies coming on which will focus on outreach and gun rights in what appears to be a strategic move developing on the party of the Amash campaign.

Paul Ryan campaigning in Iowa

Paul Ryan campaigned in Iowa, where he gave his stump speech and talked with voters. Here's what he had to say.

"Look, in the words of James Carville, it's the economy stupid. The economy is single most important issue in America, whether you are Black or White, poor or rich, or from Maine or Washington or right here in Iowa. Now, I will do the most to help the economy. If you don't believe me, look at my record. 20 years in the House of endlessly campaigning for tax cuts, jobs, and making it easier to start a business. This is why you should vote for Ryan in 2024. Thank you!"

MEDIA ALERT FROM THE MARIANNE WILLIAMSON FOR PRESIDENT CAMPAIGN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Marianne Williamson Launches Twitch Channel

Today Marianne Williamson livestreamed gameplay of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PS5. In her game she will be playing as a mage that focuses on Alchemy and Illusion magic. Williamson hopes to discuss serious issues with gamers during the stream. 

Marianne remarked during the stream, “We should not blame violent video games for deadly acts of violence in this country. The best way to prevent violence in this country is to have a greater respect for love in our lives. The cultivation of love and respect for others is perhaps the most powerful gun safety measure, and I would pursue it with all my heart.”

59fht3qqana31.jpg

South Carolina Press: Marianne Williamson urges fellow primary candidates to endorse reparations for descendants of slaves

At a historically African American Church in South Carolina, Williamson called for fellow Democrats to endorse reparations. Addressing the congregation Williamson remarked,

“While there is no one solution that solves every aspect of the problem, a plan of reparations would have significant psychic as well as economic effects. The United States should appoint a Reparations Commission comprising a council of black leaders from across the spectrum of American culture, academia, and politics. A payment of $100 billion—probably more—paid over a period of ten years, would then be disbursed to projects of economic and educational renewal in the black community as determined by the Reparations Council. This plan would be rendered as payment for a long overdue debt. The argument, of course, will always be that we “can’t afford it.” Yet it is time to push back against such hypocrisy. America will spend over $718 billion on defense this year alone. Over $2 trillion has been spent on the Iraq War, seen now to have been a massive foreign policy blunder. Two trillion dollars were given away in the 2017 tax cuts. Yet no one ever asked if we “could afford” such things. When it comes to paying reparations for slavery, on an emotional, psychological, and spiritual level we cannot afford not to. Until we do, the cycle of violence that began in the 1600s and continues to this day will continue to haunt our psyche and disrupt our good.”