270soft Forum

What are Trump's Accomplishments?

38 minutes ago, vcczar said:

That's true but he's going to have his hands tied behind his back:

• Coronavirus is still a big thing and likely won't see any significant shift for at least month, likely more. Some experts think it is going to get worse. My city of Philadelphia is closing all public events until Feb 28, 2021! 
  • He's in a reelection campaign which is going to take up much of his time. 
  • He'll likely have a lame duck period which, if loses badly, might see his own party turn on him. 

I'm trying to think about what he could do. He's more likely to pull out a surprise more than most presidents. The economy was his thing, so unless people are getting jobs that were as good as those that they lost, that's not going to help him. We are now less than 4 months away from election. We are getting close to only 100 days left until the election. I could see Trump trying to be remembered as a good president do a lot of non-ideological things during his lame duck period that are popular and completely contradictory of his routine messages. I don't think he's an ideological person. I think he just wants to project an image, which is an advertising thing. If the image fails, he might recalibrate to save some face. 

A part of me is thinking he left WHO so he can push the vaccine out quickly without international approval. If the vaccine is ready by October and it works (which I highly doubt unless he skips a lot of steps, which sounds like him), that will tilt it in his favor as he effectively funded the entire program and delivered them the savior. That is the only thing he can do.

He could also throw a gigantic wrench into the race in numerous ways that are popular (sadly all are opposed by the GOP establishment), marijuana legalization, ending qualified immunity, expansion on healthcare and medicaid, free college, capping drug prices, governmental mandated PTO, green new deal. All of these are very anti-Trump, I would never expect them but if he made a push through EO's or the senate/house to enact these, I could see a shift towards him, just an example and if the Democrats see through his disguise and his desperation and try to shut him down, they will lose voters. It's win-win. I am really bad at predicting the electorate as they shift all the time but just two of these, I see the race hitting MoE's and his approvals jumping like it did. (Oh yeah, add stimulus check every month too.)

But I doubt he'll do that, he's desperate but he's not Superman, the GOP would never approve any of this.

Edited by wolves
[[Template forums/front/topics/activity is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
1 hour ago, Wiw said:

Major military accomplishment: Started World War III.

Read my post I just made in the other thread, and quick this paranoid delusional babbling!

23 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Well... you know... he might as well.

Declaring a war, launching troops, etc, requires a President to actually focus on one topic for longer than it takes to tweet about it.

He's completely incapable of that, and therefore there will be no war under Trump.

Which sounds like a blessing, I know...

...but the catch is that other nations know that about Trump too, and therefore can do whatever they want while our nation sleeps.

Russia figured it out immediately, but the rest of the world is catching up.  

5 hours ago, Wiw said:

And what happens when he gets taken away? You think those other nations will be compliant? They'll jump all over the US!

Sorry, what is this mad question you're asking? This highly distorted and warped of reality and how it works?

36 minutes ago, Wiw said:

Well, they'll want things to be as easy as they are now, won't they?

No doubt, and thus they -- especially Russia -- will do everything in their power to swing the 2020 election and future elections as well.

But it won't be a world war.

3 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

No doubt, and thus they -- especially Russia -- will do everything in their power to swing the 2020 election and future elections as well.

But it won't be a world war.

But the DNC, RNC, FEC, media barons, and big money corporate donors and PAC's are already guilty of electoral malfeasance and interference in almost every U.S. election for the last few decades - and, unlike hackers in Russia (who may work for the Russian, or may instead be freelance or rogue Anonymous types - it's always just been assumed automatically, in the narrative, they're in the Russian Government's direct employ), these corrupt groups I listed are in the country, U.S. Citizens, and fully available for arrest and trial for their high electoral crimes. Where is the outcry to bring justice to these criminals against American electoral integrity and choice?

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Where is the outcry to bring justice to these criminals against American electoral integrity and choice?

I have a lot on my plate, I thought you were leading this.

;c)

I have a lot on my plate, I thought you were leading this.

;c)

I'm not even an American citizen, and I seem to care more about the betterment, integrity, justice, and respectable and accountable governance in the U.S. than you do. Are you a "whipped dog," or just don't give a damned as your nation crumbles to tyranny or chaos around you?

And, again, you've done that loathsome tactic of presenting that seeing these issues and problems, and believing they need a construction solution and calling to account, is something I am unique in the whole world for believing, as a wacko fringe idea that no one else, anywhere, shares, when that's not true at all. And you do it to belittle and ridicule my viewpoint, and feel self-righteous in doing. I brought this issues up just yesterday, THREE TIMES, and you refused to even acknowledge the existence of this particular point ONCE in all of your responses, you just responded to everything else, and said you were ending the conversation. Now, I'm saying again - this LOWLY and DISINGENUOUS tactic you keep trying on me is very transparent, fools no one, and only makes YOU look like the cad, so we're clear. And, it is tactic you nemesis Donald Trump would just love if he had a slight grasp for subtly. Now, STOP IT!

12 minutes ago, Patine said:

I'm not even an American citizen, and I seem to care more about the betterment, integrity, justice, and respectable and accountable governance in the U.S. than you do. Are you a "whipped dog," or just don't give a damned as your nation crumbles to tyranny or chaos around you?

And, again, you've done that loathsome tactic of presenting that seeing these issues and problems, and believing they need a construction solution and calling to account, is something I am unique in the whole world for believing, as a wacko fringe idea that no one else, anywhere, shares, when that's not true at all. And you do it to belittle and ridicule my viewpoint, and feel self-righteous in doing. I brought this issues up just yesterday, THREE TIMES, and you refused to even acknowledge the existence of this particular point ONCE in all of your responses, you just responded to everything else, and said you were ending the conversation. Now, I'm saying again - this LOWLY and DISINGENUOUS tactic you keep trying on me is very transparent, fools no one, and only makes YOU look like the cad, so we're clear. And, it is tactic you nemesis Donald Trump would just love if he had a slight grasp for subtly. Now, STOP IT!

I don't always have the energy for a full back-and-forth with you, and even when I do it never really accomplishes anything for either of us.  You know this.  Sometimes, the best response I have the time/mental energy for is the forum equivalent of an eye roll.  

I don't always have the energy for a full back-and-forth with you, and even when I do it never really accomplishes anything for either of us.  You know this.  Sometimes, the best response I have the time/mental energy for is the forum equivalent of an eye roll.  

What I'm talking about is worse than an eyeroll. I've made that very clear. There is an eyeroll emote (or at least I believe there is. I'm asking to quit this SPECIFIC tactic. I have actually quit - or hugely cut down - on some things I used to do that really got to you (though you probably haven't even noticed that). I am now specifically asking for a cease-and-desist on this lowly tactic of yours I've brought up.

See, this is why the bad guys are winning, we're so divided we're at each other's throats! If we can't get over that hurdle, no wonder the neo-Nazi hordes are steamrolling us!

1 hour ago, Wiw said:

Invasions right across the board! It's so easy right now!

49 minutes ago, Wiw said:

See, this is why the bad guys are winning, we're so divided we're at each other's throats! If we can't get over that hurdle, no wonder the neo-Nazi hordes are steamrolling us!

These two posts are just so insane I can't even rationally make retorts to them at this. I'll go back to my earlier advice of suggesting psychiatric consultation.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

What I'm talking about is worse than an eyeroll. I've made that very clear. There is an eyeroll emote (or at least I believe there is. I'm asking to quit this SPECIFIC tactic. I have actually quit - or hugely cut down - on some things I used to do that really got to you (though you probably haven't even noticed that). I am now specifically asking for a cease-and-desist on this lowly tactic of yours I've brought up.

I don’t owe you anything.  If you don’t like how I respond, you could just stop trying to engage in conversation with me.

29 minutes ago, Actinguy said:

I don’t owe you anything.  If you don’t like how I respond, you could just stop trying to engage in conversation with me.

Arrogant and incapable admission of error or obnoxious behaviour to the end. Even I have conceded fault a few times on these forums - almost every regular poster here has - except you. You're like your hated nemesis than you care to admit. Your idol, Bush, had more tact and class than you do, notably. But your unrepetent caddishness and self-righteousness is noted - and may continue to be used against you in the future. Because I owe nothing to you, either. Because, as Achilles said to Hector, "there is no honour between lions and men," - and you can take that however you wish...

40 minutes ago, admin_270 said:

Can't believe I forgot this. His hair style.

Of course, no one will forget his hair once it's on Mt. Rushmore. 😜

Trump-Rushmore.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

What makes you think his face will end up on that mountain. Given the time it takes to make those carvings, his political supporters would have to keep solid power for several decades straight to enact it. What do you REALLY think the chances of THAT are?

13 minutes ago, Patine said:

What makes you think his face will end up on that mountain. Given the time it takes to make those carvings, his political supporters would have to keep solid power for several decades straight to enact it. What do you REALLY think the chances of THAT are?

I think he's just messing with Anti-Trumpers. 

15 hours ago, Patine said:

These two posts are just so insane I can't even rationally make retorts to them at this. I'll go back to my earlier advice of suggesting psychiatric consultation.

Well, what's so insane about the last one? It's true! If we can't unite, we have no chance!